Author Topic: .:4150 [AD][SF]  (Read 16536 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
Re: .:4150 [J][AD][SF]
« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2014, 21:33 »
Pulchra stared at the man’s stick as he spoke about it.  Pulchra couldn’t understand why anybody would have trouble stopping with it – anybody near the burning grounds back in the Empire would give them a wide berth, and that smell was exactly the same as this one.  She narrowed her eyes at the thing, searching for some sort of reason why it would keep a person from stopping with it.  Finding nothing, she glanced up at him with a searching look on her face.

“Why?” she said, an inquisitive lilt working its way into her voice and a flush of worry fluttering down into her chest – Damien hadn’t only mentioned that they were hard to stop – perhaps he’d answer the wrong thing, or else not understand.

Her eyes flicked down in thought for a moment before she began to give the stick another once over, but was interrupted by a rather familiar voice. 

George Villiers,” it said.  The Duke.  Pulchra sighed inwardly, but brought herself around to face the man, nonetheless.  He shot a brief grin in hers and Damien’s direction, and she chewed her lip, more keen to observe the strange man than to offer a response to him.

You wouldn’t happen to have any more of those cigars, do you, my friend?”  Pulchra stared at him in confusion, completely lost as to what a cigar was.  Moments later, The Duke’s eyes were fixed on Damien’s stick.  An idea dawned on her that would, perhaps, make her earlier question a bit clearer.

“Why,” she asked again, “can you not stop using the cigar?”

thanks gl <3

Wolstenholme

« Reply #76 on: April 24, 2014, 21:45 »
"“Why, can you not stop using the cigar?” asked the Roman girl, she seemed very confused about the matter. To have never smoked a cigar! it was madness! "Can't seem to kick the habit, sweetheart." Villiers replied. He almost licked his lips at the possibility of having another cigar. They weren't rare to come by if you were very rich and very powerful but Villiers had never expected to be away from home long enough to need to bring them with him, he didn't carry them about. He mainly smoked after meals so that his breath didn't smell like whatever delicacy he'd had to eat.

James spoke of something called a bomb, he'd said "The USA bombed Japan," and Lucille had to say, she'd never heard of either of those countries but she got the impression that the USA was America. She asked simply: "What's a bomb?" Whatever it was, it was another advance in technology that she had to catch up on.

Offline Cody999

• That one guy.
  • Rex Fan
  • Hey need to heal you pokemon? Well Gary oak--NO
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 24, 2014, 22:03 »
"The three major Sullen factions have outlawed the use of bombings on Sul, they consider it a weak way to fight." Garath said as James talked about his war, but knowing wars might be a delicate topic with soldiers he moved on to the inquiry about his planet "I really don't know much about Sul, I was barely allowed outside the castle , but since I'm the only Sullen here I'll try to give my honest opinion." he began "Technology on Sul has developed strangely, we have advanced travel and construction techniques and we also have a few pieces of highly advanced weaponry, however on Sul we have a lot more melee weaponry and prefer to fight that way, which is not to say our weapons are old, we do use modern tech to make melee weapons, we just prefer to fight close up, also despite are capacity for advanced buildings we still tend to make anything important in the shape of a castle or some old palace. Anyway my house, the house Magrold is built in the far north of the region known as Dul, it was founded there because of the nearby deposits of black steel, sadly the region now known as Magrold is also close to a deep scar in the earth from witch molten lava continuously flows, which goes with out saying that it makes living in Magrold very hot and very dangerous, the house of my father, I mean my fathers palace is built mostly out of black steel to make a statement, and living in that palace was pretty much all I ever knew until I joined the army in war against our neighbors." Garath was about to continue, but then realized that they might not want to know that much. "Sorry if I gave too much information, I got carried away" he said "But please tell me about earth, I have always been fascinated by your planet."
Sup ~ I RP and stuff.
Also called Cody on err... pretty much everything.
When I play Pokemon I follow my personal Rule: I can only use Each Pokemon once across all games that I can transfer Pokemon across. I have used 108 different Pokemon I think.

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
  • ask your local askljdlaskjd
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 24, 2014, 22:35 »
Well, at least he seemed interested at least. It couldn't hurt to answer his questions, could it? Nah, besides, as far as the world was concerned, she was dead, right? She had no reason to be worried about the intentions of her new allies, right? She felt like she already may be saying too much, but was that really the case? Well, might as well continue, since she'd already started.

"You guys ever fight? Throughout our history we have tons of people killing each other just from how they look. I can't imagine having an entire other species. We'd probably just get scared and kill 'em all, to be honest."

She considered the question for a moment. "Do you mean between species? Not really, our species never fight with each other. They may have when they first met, but nothing I've heard of. The other species however, the more populace one, they fight a lot among themselves. They are frequently at war, but they generally leave my species alone. Sometimes, though, they'll hire members of my species to use as trump cards in their battles. My species usually lives off the land, but if you live in an area where that isn't always possible, sometimes you have to get yourself involved in their conflicts." Well, that information should be harmless to share anyway.

"I take it you're from the larger and smarter ones? I'd imagine you'd have an introduction like Blood Coyote, if you were of the other alien race..."
She laughed a quick, quiet laugh at the comment. "Well, yes, but the other species isn't that... crude."

She looked around the room a little and noticed the group forming with the soldier and the other alien. She looked at Leon and gestured with her head, "Want to see what's going on over there?"
When it comes down to it, the difference between healing and necromancy is timing.

Offline The Macintosh Ninja: SOH CAH TOA

• PUK's original ninja. So zetta slow!!
  • Sentret Fan
  • Look, I finally changed my avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 24, 2014, 23:25 »
The man in the different animal hide was speaking to several others. Perhaps tellings tales of his prowess as a warrior? Maybe sharing story of how he captured enemy soldiers? He might even talk about the weapons he used! The strange shiny man was also speaking. He heard familiar words: "black", "father", and "weapons", though he didn't quite understand other things the man said.

Blood Coyote made his way over to the crowd and listened. Most of the others had gathered around and were lending their ears to those speaking. It reminded him of home in a way: one warrior would stand and boast of the captures and kills he made, another would boast of his own skill, and so on. These people spoke quietly. Maybe this was the "intro-duck-tons" the woman from earlier mentioned? You say your name, tell a story, and the other person does the same.

Offline Danatales

• Demon Queen
  • Rex Fan
  • [miscellaneous grumbling]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2014, 00:46 »
Damien raised an eyebrow and blinked at Pulchra's query. He exhale a little more smoke and shrugged again. "Well, they're just kind o-!" He cut off mid sentence, turning as a new fellow approached, a rather dapper looking gentleman if he'd ever seen one.

The other man introduced himself as George Villers, and Damien tried to recall who among their time-scattered allies he was. He vaguely recalled him being some kind of royalty? He wasn't sure; his brain was still a little scattered during that introduction. Either way, Damien was more interested in the new question this man posed, asking if had another...cigar?

"Oh...Ohh, okay, yeah, you guys don't have these do you?" Damien spoke up. This royal looking dude had to be from some Victorian era, and though his history wasn't the best, cigarettes felt like a much more modern invention, "These aren't really, like, cigars. They're cigarettes. Like hell if I could afford cigars. Maybe one day." he chuckle, before recognizing the actual question. He knew giving the guy a smoke would probably be a good way to make friends, but he remembered he...honestly didn't have that many left. And God knows if there was any weird space-age cigarettes packs lying around this place. So, with a click of his tongue and a huff of smoke, he frowned a little, "But, like, sorry dude, but I don't have many left to share. See?" He reached in his pocket to show the Duke a pack of smokes with only about 3 left in it, "And I need 'em, or I start getting weird and jittery and it sucks."

He also heard the other man tell Pulchra about how hard it was to kick the tobacco habit. He nodded earnestly and turned to the girl, "Yeah, there's your answer. Once you start smoking you get super attached to them 'cuz they're full of drugs and stuff. So when you try to stop you get all weird and need more." He shrugged, "A burden ya gotta live with, I guess."

Clipper, meanwhile, flapped his weeks a bit in curious excitement as Garath explained his planet's culture, "Oh, how fascinating!" he said, "To thing aliens were doing such neat things while humans were only creating things like me. So intriguing." He clicked his beak and shifted a bit on James's shoulder.

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 25, 2014, 02:54 »
 "Yeah, sure. I already tried talking to him, and then Blood Coyote happened. I'd like to finish our conversation," Leon said, beginning to walk over to Garath and James. The entire group was all together, and as he walked into the circle, he could hear them talking about cigarettes.

Well, it was a basic conversation. "You like those things?" Wayleon said to Damien, seeing him smoking on the cigarette. "I'm shocked you're allowed to smoke those in here. With the environment and all. You gotta come to my time, though. We have a lot of cool smoking stuff available for people like you," he said, thinking of all of weird methods people had in his time. "If you ever want to stop, we got these stickers, and you can stick 'em anywhere. They get rid of any kind of addiction... the future is wonderful, my friend," Wayleon said, cracking a smile. He couldn't imagine feeling a need that powerful for the rest of his life. Hell, he couldn't even imagine anything close to addiction for more than a few hours.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 25, 2014, 21:24 »
"Technological advances to close ranged weapons? Seems to contradictory to me. Then again, our technological advances have led to long ranged weapons on Earth, so that must be strange to you. So... um... Earth. I can't piece together much from it, but where I'm from, there's a huge war that I was talking about and where I was fighting was in a jungle in this country called Japan. From what i've heard, it's an island, but I arrived here in the middle of a conflict there. Wars on Earth are fought with mostly long range weapons like guns and explosives. However, we still use some close range weapons." James said.

"Before the conflict, I lived on another island that the United States owned. The population was climbing, then the Japanese came and..... well you get the gist. I was finishing up my education and I planned on exploring the world, but then I got into the military. Ok, about Earth's geography...." James said, " There's many regions, polar, plains, middle east, a lot of landforms. I'd grow old talking about it all. So, I'll just tell you what you want to know, so.... what would you like to hear about?"
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Wolstenholme

« Reply #83 on: April 27, 2014, 23:11 »
((No one posted for two days, get it together guys - haha jk))

Lucille had been actively listening to the conversation, as seemed to be the norm for her here, she found herself learning about different time periods and different planets, she wanted to know every intricate detail and she had a lot of natural questions but she resolved that if she opened her mouth then so many questions would spill out that it would leave everyone confused. She tried to pick just one. She turned to Garath, whom she assumed would know the most about this subject in particular but she addressed the group in general as Clipper may have had some idea too. "Tell me, guys, how do you travel between planets? I've always been fascinated by the sky and the planets. In my day we didn't even know much about Earth, never mind the world beyond, she leaned forwards into the conversation that more people were beginning to join.

The strangely dressed boy showed Villiers that he had only three 'cigarettes' left, and informed him that he wouldn't share. Just as well, he thought, it was often said that cigars brought the plague and other such ailments to a person. "Never mind then, lad, I can manage without for so long." his addiction, he guessed, was not nearly to the same scale as Damien's. He felt that now may be the time to retreat to his space along the wall. He nodded his head and Damien and tipped his hat, once more, at the girl and stalked of to position himself against the wall, finding himself once again, wanting to leave.

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 27, 2014, 23:41 »
((Man, I would have posted, but I was waiting for a few other people to post first, ahaha, oops, sorry about that.))

Sidia nodded and started toward the group. She listened in to what they were talking about, which seemed to be more or less the same thing she and Leon were talking about. Well, naturally, since everyone probably wants to learn about the other times and places the others are from. Including her. She walked to just outside the group then asked, "Mind if I join you?"
When it comes down to it, the difference between healing and necromancy is timing.

Offline Cody999

• That one guy.
  • Rex Fan
  • Hey need to heal you pokemon? Well Gary oak--NO
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 28, 2014, 21:01 »
"I would like to hear everything, however as you said there might be to much for you to tell." Garath said "And not to mention all you humans are from different times so you might all give me different accounts of your planet." Garath made a humming noise as he thought about what he most wanted to know about earth.

"Hmm interplanetary travel." Garath began in response to Lucille "Its ... I ... I mean ... Well ..." Garath suddenly realized that he knew very little of how Sullens traveled in space, however he would still try to give his best answer. "Well I know that we Sullens use ... Something to power these ships, kinda like what the professor was talking about, except ours don't time travel and ... Oh yeah most Sullen ships are designed for battle so they fly effortlessly through sky and space to give them an advantage and what else ... Sorry about this, Magrold was a landlocked house with not much need for space travel so I don't know much about it. Sorry if I disappointed you." Garath scratched the back of his head and looked away, and while looking away he noticed a lot more people had joined the group.

"I wouldn't mind if you joined, although I can't speak for the others." Garath said in response to someone he didn't remember the name of.
Sup ~ I RP and stuff.
Also called Cody on err... pretty much everything.
When I play Pokemon I follow my personal Rule: I can only use Each Pokemon once across all games that I can transfer Pokemon across. I have used 108 different Pokemon I think.

Offline The Macintosh Ninja: SOH CAH TOA

• PUK's original ninja. So zetta slow!!
  • Sentret Fan
  • Look, I finally changed my avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 28, 2014, 21:51 »
"Mind if I join you?"

Blood Coyote turned to the newcomer. She was dressed in a strange dark fabric with a pattern unfamiliar to the Aztec. Her eyes shone like the morning sky: a bright blue that others shared in contrast to the typical browns and greens he was familiar with. She had with her something wrapped around her waist that looked to carry a weapon. This was in contrast to her general appearence: no scars or cuts of any sort. She didn't have as prominent muscles as did the Aztec, but he was a man of many battles. Perhaps she came from a place where war was different?
"You don't look like a warrior like me." Blood Coyote told the woman. "How do you fight?"

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 29, 2014, 03:34 »
"You don't look like a warrior like me. How do you fight?"

Sidia thought for a moment. She was still a bit nervous about just telling everyone everything about her, but then again, she had already told Leon pretty much everything. Besides, if she wanted her new allies to trust her, it'd be better to tell them now. She just hoped Blood Coyote wouldn't think her methods were cowardly. "Well, I'm an assassin." Wait, would the Aztec be familiar with the word? "I guess you could say I'm like a warrior in the shadows. I rely on stealth and speed rather then strength, and I try to kill my enemy before they know I'm there. Still though, most of my targets tend to be fairly high up and important, like that guy," she made a quick gesture toward Villiers, "so they usually have bodyguards, which I sometimes end up having to fight head on, so I have to be good at hand-to-hand combat as well." She hoped that would be satisfactory. She scratched her arm, a nervous habit, also because the make-up she was wearing was getting really itchy and starting to feel gross.

She looked at the others in the group, "Actually, while we're on the subject, I'm curious about what kind of fighting styles all of you use."

Offline Danatales

• Demon Queen
  • Rex Fan
  • [miscellaneous grumbling]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 29, 2014, 05:32 »
"Mm?" Damien turned, coming face to face with Wayleon. He blinked at the young man, then glanced down at his cigarette with a small smile as the future being explained how advanced smoking technology had become, "Damn, dude, that's rad. Gotta get my hands on one of those before I head back to my own time, you know?" He chuckled a bit, exhaling a smoky breath, "And, well, I didn't see no 'No Smoking' signs. Don't really think they can stop me at this point anyway, hehehe."

He then watched as that odd Villers characters excused himself. Damien narrowed one eye, "He seems...interesting. Grumpy old dude." He mumbled mostly to himself, grinning a bit. He then glanced back at Wayleon, looking him over. He didn't much look older than him, and was quite a looker. He reminded Damien of some of his rivals in other bands back home. Maybe it wouldn't be bad to present a friendly front with this one, then. Smirking, he nodded at Wayleon, "Damien, by the way."

Clipper clicked his beak at Lucille as she asked about space travel, "Well, in my time, humans had fairly advances rockets and spacecraft that could get launched into space and go wherever was needed! Obviously this was quite far if such alien contact was made!" He made a metallic noise from his collar, a kind of laugh. He then perked up, eyeing one of said alienlike spoke up, asking about fighting styles. The crow lit up, ruffling his feathers, "Oh! Well, I was specifically bred for combat! And espionage, too. Humans thought my silent flight and clever mind was very good for sneaking about the battlefield. Also I can be quite fierce when I need to!" He blinked down at his sharp talon, and bobbed his tail up and down a little.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 29, 2014, 23:36 »
"Wow Clipper." James finally said, "No one would expect you to be able to do much, but after hearing about it, you are versatile." James wasn't speaking as much because he's trying to process this information and find a way to get to training without leaving rudely.

Hm.... a genetically modified crow? Is this what the future is like? That's slightly creepy. I think a good training session would be nice to clear my head. How would I go about moving our conversation to the training rooms. Should I put it bluntly? Well.... how else could I put it?

"So...." James starts, "Do you all want to move this discussion to the training rooms? We can talk there and start to resharpen our skills for our first mission."

((Trying to get the rp moving along))
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN