Author Topic: Finding old posts?  (Read 970 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline thatskinnyidiot™

• You know, there was a man that lived here once that had a prize-fighting kangaroo.
  • Joeno Fan
  • Behold the Stapler King.
    • View Profile
Finding old posts?
« on: August 08, 2013, 17:17 »
I've come back after several years absence looking for an artwork someone drew for me around 2008, but I've noticed that the forums seem to have a policy/protocol/something about posts only lasting a few years before disappearing.

I know it's pretty unlikely, but is there any way of accessing/searching posts from that time? Thanks.

Offline Del

• yo
  • Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Finding old posts?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 17:20 »
I think they get purged completely every few years, so I doubt you can get them nowadays.

You could try using the Wayback Machine and see if they archived the topic, but it's probably a pretty low chance. Good luck though.
My mom bought me this new laptop and it gets really hot when the chat is being spammed. Now my leg is starting to hurt because it is getting so hot. Please, if you don't want me to get burned, then don't spam the chat.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline thatskinnyidiot™

• You know, there was a man that lived here once that had a prize-fighting kangaroo.
  • Joeno Fan
  • Behold the Stapler King.
    • View Profile
Re: Finding old posts?
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 17:30 »
Yeah, thanks to twm's habit o saving different pages of each forum at different times (while apparently not saving the posts linked to), it's gonna be far too difficult to find it even if it has been saved, unless I either try and find out who the artist was and see if they still have it or seeing if it was cached by google or something at some point.

But thanks for the help.