Author Topic: first world problems  (Read 417377 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 18 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline The name master

• The name rater's rival!
  • Joeno Fan
  • I rate your nicknames (unofficially)
    • View Profile
Re: first world problems
« Reply #2805 on: March 08, 2017, 14:24 »
Great idea!

Does this count as a "canon character with slight alterations?"

Porygon (from my fanfic)

They're robots instead of actual pokemon, they have lasers or machine guns (depending on whether they have the appearance of a shiny) and are weak to water (or pretty much any liquid)

And should I make the Zigzagoon talk?
Thanks to Inferna for one of the many reasons why I love Dragonite!

Offline 2OrSomething

• Team Instinct At Heart
  • Rob Fan
  • Look at this nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: March 08, 2017, 15:51 »
Does this count as a "canon character with slight alterations?"

Well, I'd say it is, but as Porygon isn't an extremely important Pokemon in the series as far as I know, and there are multiples of them, it's not as important for an OC that _is_ a Pokémon, mostly the Pokémon trainers or important non-trainer people would be where a problem is. A Porygon is fine, and while lasers fit with the theme, I can't imagine one with a machine gun, but I'm not one to judge. Just don't go around making, like, Lillith who's shy but friendly and has a Cosmog and is "definitely not Lillie!!"

And should I make the Zigzagoon talk?

It really depends on the context. If it's a Pokémon based fanfic then it's probably a good idea, unless your Zigzagoon is mute and/or suffering from silent protagonist syndrome. If it's focused more on the people, it'd probably be better not to, as usually more common Pokemon can't communicate through words.

I would also suggest perhaps dropping the conversation, as this isn't really the appropriate thread for OC advice, we could continue in private messages if you'd like?

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: March 08, 2017, 18:24 »
im seeing a play tonight and ive lost my glasses

thanks gl <3

Offline The name master

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: March 08, 2017, 18:51 »
I managed to gather the materials for a fishing rod in Minecraft (survival) but I lost it when I drowned trying to escape from a spider! D:

Now I have to make another one! Getting sticks is fine! Getting string.... I have to fight spiders again! D:

First I have to find two, then fight them and hopefully not die!

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: March 08, 2017, 19:46 »
So I went to the induction day for my manager's course which was great but there have been some issues shall we say at the store in my absence which means tomorrow I'll have to finish the delivery which should have been done today, work a 12 hour shift and ring customers who have put in complaints to apologise for the service they received today.

I'm meant to finally have a week off next week but I don't know if I can trust the guys for a week without me atm

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: March 08, 2017, 20:44 »
I have severe growing pains in my left leg.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: March 08, 2017, 21:58 »
 Been sneezing all day and now my head hurts.

However, I've finished my experiment design, printed off some debrief forms, and a question sheet.

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: March 08, 2017, 21:59 »
Planned to start my essay on Friday, but forgot, then Saturday I had to go to my friend's party, where one of his friends kissed me, then on sunday I was hungover, and on Monday I asked the friend who's birthday it was if asking the guy out from the saturday was a good idea, he said yes, so I did and the guy said he's busy all week, and when I told my friend he's like "oh yeah he's going through some stuff and he's not completely out yet" and I'm just like ????, but anyways that got me down on Monday and Tuesday so I wasn't in essay writing mood and now I've got 2000 words to write by noon tomorrow -_-

Edit: Currently at 1400 words, and it's got to a point where I'm just using fancy words to make up for the fact idek what I'm writing. When you use repugnant, archaic, ergo and 'cosmetic charade' in the same run on sentence you know the essay is going to be a steaming pile of crap, but at least it'll be done
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 03:35 by SapphireRobin|Omeganium »
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: March 08, 2017, 23:13 »
the Weekly Migrane is mad i didn't let it happen at the weekend and is like "im taking wednesday instead!!! extra badly!" all cos i had a nap and afterwork wednesday is a complete writeoff. and im like no please you take all my spare time at the weekend cos i still balk at the idea of getting up at 7am on a saturday. dont, no! you suck brain!!!!! im hiding the rest of this post in a spoiler tag cos im Longform posting too much lately and its bothering me a lot so hiding it in a spoiler tag will magically solve the problem

Spoiler: boring migrane venting • show

i became a chemist so i could develop a chemical gun to shoot serotonin with cos it never does its job at the right time. its not meant to just arbitrarily dilate brain blood vessels whenever for no reason because it came into contact with an arbitrary Trigger or i did a Thing that the delicate balance of neurochemicals didn't like. its like the brain version of an allergy and everyone hates the kid with the peanut allergy for ruining school reeces pieces giveaways. the pale thin child with white hair called Deklan Monteray who has one of those anoying shrill birmignham kid voices and is allergic to gluten, milk and dust and you're just like The Only Point Of School Ruined cos of danny phantom here. "wots for lunch today lads" and you wanna try to be nice cos you're a nerd with terrible unpopular problems too but you also wanna say "not reeces pieces! thats for sure!" cos school is hard and being a kid is hard and it was the one good thing of the day. vivid fantasies of smashin a jar of peanut butter on the floor like a sarin gas container and just laughing, the Good Fight lost, its not my fault it was double P.E. and double history wot did it. "you okay mayte" he asks in his sausage dog balloon voice. yeh im just. thinking. about stuff.

anyway theres this thing called the National Migrane Centre which could help solve why i get these things but like most Actual Health Solutions To Problems you gotta have hundreds of quid to pay for consultations and also be in london, as usual, Huge Sums of Money Solves Everything which i dont have cos workin class life

in my future career in neuro stuff i will use my chemistry knowledge to concoct a gun to shoot the brain with but those were already invented (prions) (well not technically a brain for a gun its a misfolded protein but you better hope you dont get one cos you are screwed if you get one of those in ur brain, theres no real way to stop it) (luckily its only a thing if u like to eat brains all day long i guess and/or expose yourself to aerolised mammalian brains, see the Hormel autoimmune disorder debacle for more details, tw for gore stuff/if u like Spam the meat)

anyway thanks for reading this vent post i have no money for a therapist and must scream (ive tried accessing one on the nhs but you know what mental health/non-life-threatening neurology on the nhs is like)

^I feel it.

i am glad u too understand the incontinent malcontent of having both a terribly unfair battle tree experience +  You're The Older Sibling! thing i was goin for
           

Offline 2OrSomething

• Team Instinct At Heart
  • Rob Fan
  • Look at this nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: March 09, 2017, 17:45 »
My nose just bled for an hour

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: March 10, 2017, 12:04 »
My nose just bled for an hour

omg condolences, from a fellow member of the nosebleed family

honestly sometimes the only way i could get it to stop sometimes w the proper bleeders was to let it drip into the toilet until the big horrible stringy clot formed and then pull the clot out w/ tissue and just try not to shout or sneeze for the next week or so. all this pinching the bridge and breathing in through the nose garbage doesn't work and the tissue nose-tampon technique doesn't work cos when you remove it it just starts again. 
           

Offline 2OrSomething

• Team Instinct At Heart
  • Rob Fan
  • Look at this nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: March 10, 2017, 12:16 »
pull the clot out w/ tissue and just try not to shout or sneeze for the next week
that's what it is? I always thought it was a really big booger rip

every time it showed up it immediately got on the tissue and I had to pull it out fully and that just got it started up all over again >.<
all this pinching the bridge and breathing in through the nose garbage doesn't work and the tissue nose-tampon technique doesn't work cos when you remove it it just starts again. 

Ah, the nurse insisted on those. Not breathing in through the nose, which I couldn't do anyways what with the tissue and nose tampons and "squeeze the nose" and "put this cotton in the top of your mouth" and such.

Honestly when she got the nose tampons out I half jokingly said "I don't want a nose tampon" because that's what they sounded like and I still can't believe that's their actual name

I almost got out three times and each time it kept restarting it was torture

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: March 10, 2017, 13:47 »
that's what it is? I always thought it was a really big booger rip

i assume so, it always used to drip for ages and then for some reason i'd pull this yucky blood clot thing out and then itd stop????????? itd take a couple goes but i was just praying i didn't have to go to the walk-in cos its just so inconvenient and "hello yes i understand people are dying but im selfishly bleeding out of my nose so get out the way please"

every time it showed up it immediately got on the tissue and I had to pull it out fully and that just got it started up all over again >.<
Ah, the nurse insisted on those. Not breathing in through the nose, which I couldn't do anyways what with the tissue and nose tampons and "squeeze the nose" and "put this cotton in the top of your mouth" and such.

yeh ymmv and i guess the nurse knows better than me (since its their job to do this and deal w it every day and work by Best Practises as agreed by a bunch of bigwigs and nerds) but the pinching bridge thing just used to get on my nerves and feel really horrible. i never got no cotton to put in the top of my mouth tho so i guess times have changed since i had nosebleeds???????

it was always "STOP LEANING BACK you'll choke on it!" and its cos leaning forward over the sink w/ the blood dripping out tickled my nose and felt all weird and horrible and made my eyes water and i didn't want people to think i was crying over a nosebleed. if anything the mild loss of blood just puts me in a bit of a mardy for a while.

i am glad you got it eventually stopped tho! its gettin warmer so nosebleed season is in unfortch in for good it seems (had 6 in the last fortnight already and its not even 10 days into official Springtime)..............

Honestly when she got the nose tampons out I half jokingly said "I don't want a nose tampon" because that's what they sounded like and I still can't believe that's their actual name

I almost got out three times and each time it kept restarting it was torture

haaahahaha i was guessing but i can't believe thats the actual name?????????? lordy me

its the worst when you go to pull it out and u can feel that kind of warm n wet horrible "uh oh" accident feeling and its like cmon i eat my vitamin K clot already you stupid blood!!!!
           

Offline 2OrSomething

• Team Instinct At Heart
  • Rob Fan
  • Look at this nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: March 10, 2017, 14:25 »
it was always "STOP LEANING BACK you'll choke on it!" and its cos leaning forward over the sink w/ the blood dripping out tickled my nose and felt all weird and horrible and made my eyes water and i didn't want people to think i was crying over a nosebleed. if anything the mild loss of blood just puts me in a bit of a mardy for a while.

It always sucks because I don't want to lean back because it eventually does start bothering my throats and afterwards it's all sore and scratchy but I don't want to lean forward because then the blood just shoots out like come on mate I don't want this. It's this worst when it's bad enough that you have to bend your neck at like a 90° angle or something or else it'll go in your throats anyways. Not gonna lie I have no clue what a mardy is sorry

i never got no cotton to put in the top of my mouth tho so i guess times have changed since i had nosebleeds???????

I think there's some vein on your upper gum that goes to your nose and if pressure is applied it makes it harder for the blood to get through or something I remember reading something like that about it

nosebleed season

there's a whole season for them?? that's bad oh no

it does explain why I had nosebleeds every day for like a month last summer though..one more reason why winter is my favorite instead haha

Offline The name master

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: March 10, 2017, 16:21 »
I have a lack of imagination to think of a story idea!