Author Topic: NAME RATER CONTEST  (Read 31039 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Trainer Dave

Re: NAME RATER CONTEST
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2007, 15:54 »
This isn't 'pointing out something you've noticed', though, this is directly saying "The result of this poll is invalid, because people voted for the wrong reasons." You made a claim, and I want proof from you now. If you do not have such proof, I would suggest you retract it, as the implications of this claim ("The contest is biased") are quite large for the contest.

As I said, devaluing the opinions of some 45 members like this is rather insulting.

If you want to make these claims, especially after the admins have discussed them, you'd better have an extremely good reason for making it.

(And note that, without this proof, I could say that you have insulted at least 44 members - 46 voters, minus one for you, minus one for Sappy's claim. Note that there are rules regarding these things.)
Im just going to back down on this one. I don't want any changes made. I wasn't intending to call the vote invalid anyway.

However, just quickly, I seriously doubt that people would be insulted by this discussion. If anyone is insulted feel free to PM me about it, but otherwise i'd say that this discussion is getting overly hostile now. I'm going to leave it alone.

Steelix

« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2007, 18:08 »
Well to be fair, all that seems to be going on in this topic anyway is arguments that seem to sway off topic and all it would have taken was a short answer... but, meh...

Off topic?  The contest is being critisied and we're responding to this.

However, just quickly, I seriously doubt that people would be insulted by this discussion.

To be honest, I think I would be if I was told I had no skills but was just friends with the voters.  Thats what several people have implyed at least.

Trainer Dave

« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2007, 18:46 »
To be honest, I think I would be if I was told I had no skills but was just friends with the voters.  Thats what several people have implyed at least.
As I said at first, I can see how the people that got through made it there. The people still in do have skills. The point was that some people were voting for their friends rather than those they thought were good. That doesn't mean that the people that get through had no skill.

Offline Raphetty

• Streetpasser Extraordinaire
  • Name Rater Hater
  • 54 Mii Plaza Accomplishments; 924 Plaza Population
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2007, 11:08 »
I'll just point out something I noticed about Round 2 - Rex and Chani seem to be majorly sucking up to the admins in their name ratings.. this will perhaps just win them a few votes from the admins (if they don't go through automatically)? But will it impress the normal members who will be voting?

3DS FC: 3067 - 6449 - 6265 ... Sun trainer name: Rafipi ... X trainer name: Brennica
Omega Ruby trainer name: Moga ... Alpha Sapphire trainer name: Rosella

MonsterMon64

« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2007, 12:10 »
Heck, I went about rating the admin's names under the premise that Jeroen is Jeroen, Mike can be anything, and James is so easy to joke about you can be vague about it without anybody knowing who he is. =P Seriously, I'd be surprised if I made it to the next round. I really choked up here. XP

Offline Caldoran

• Act as Rum
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • Ameba Gone Zingy
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2007, 12:11 »
Well, just as a note, I apologise for making those childish and baseless accusations. :(
The above statements are masterfully crafted fabrications.

Offline Mushroom

• PKMN.NET's Original Pirate Captain
  • Elite Four Member
  • Name Rater Hater
  • "Last Post On The Page" King
    • View Profile
    • My Music Review Site
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2007, 13:56 »
I'll just point out something I noticed about Round 2 - Rex and Chani seem to be majorly sucking up to the admins in their name ratings.. this will perhaps just win them a few votes from the admins (if they don't go through automatically)? But will it impress the normal members who will be voting?

Raph, you seem to be doing some really great commentating on this. Reminds me of a TV show host.

Steelix

« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2007, 14:21 »
Rex and Chani seem to be majorly sucking up to the admins in their name ratings..

Now, why would I have to suck up to the admins? ;P

Offline Raphetty

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2007, 15:02 »
Now, why would I have to suck up to the admins? ;P

To get their votes, obviously. Being an admin does not preclude you from sucking up to other admins. o.o

3DS FC: 3067 - 6449 - 6265 ... Sun trainer name: Rafipi ... X trainer name: Brennica

Offline Joeno

• WebMaster
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
  • "It's only love, what is everyone so scared of?"
    • View Profile
    • PKMN.NET
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2007, 15:24 »
But he show know better than any other that sucking up, especially in an obvious way, tends to annoy and anger at least some of us.
Peter <3<3<3<3

Pong And Beyond - Playing through 1001 video games before we die...

P-O-K-accent-E Balls!

Steelix

« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2007, 15:27 »
Besides, after the nasty, horrible, inhuman things I say about my fellow admins, no amount of flattering is going to help.

Offline .~:Sly Foxx:~.

• SO, SO MANY THANKS GO TO HAZY FOR THE SLY BANNER AND AVATAR <333333
  • Sentret Fan
  • .:~I'm cute. Don't deny it.~:.
    • View Profile
    • How to Sprite
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2007, 23:00 »
Aaw D= They didn't recognise the Scyther reference... Oh well. Hmn, voting will be tough, though, good luck, all! I have yet to decide on my votes xD

Offline Raphetty

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2007, 23:13 »
Aaw D= They didn't recognise the Scyther reference...

I still don't get it.. was there a Scyther called James? EDIT: Got it now, James is Psythor haha.  v_v

Anyway my Round Two votes went to Monstermon64, Mushroom and Rikimaru.

Offline Caldoran

• Act as Rum
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • Ameba Gone Zingy
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2007, 10:19 »
Well, I'm surprised Sentret didn't get PlusV, considering most of the time all it does is

Sentret sets mode: +v *insert person*
The above statements are masterfully crafted fabrications.

Offline Sappy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 15, 2007, 19:34 »
oh fish, I'm shocked o.o

I was for sure, I was going out o.o

I was swearing yes, in my head, cause I couldn't take the shock o.o

Thanks guys for voting! ^^

Oh yeah, congrats to the other 3 and well done for getting this far to the others ^^
Slowly an old member..