Author Topic: The Site's Dead  (Read 4513 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline GhostPony750

• Rapidash
  • Iceduck Fan
  • Rapidash
    • View Profile
    • Psypoke
Re: The Site's Dead
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2013, 03:37 »
The problem is that the older genration grew up, the ones who used to play pokemon.
Now they doesn't play anymore, and the new pokemon games aren't as great, to say least.
So the younger generation stick to popular games, like Call of Duty, which is really sad, since this is not a game for them.
But yes, there might be a way to revive this site.

I doesn't even play to new pokemon games, they are horrible to me.
I stick to hold ones, and since I'm the nostalgic kind, I just can't leave these great games behind, Firered, Blue Rescue Team...

Offline Silverwing Bloodsplash

• Hey bros, since when I was a
  • Rob Fan
  • Sexy Smooth Silver Swagger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2013, 03:50 »
The problem is that the older genration grew up, the ones who used to play pokemon.
Now they doesn't play anymore, and the new pokemon games aren't as great, to say least.
So the younger generation stick to popular games, like Call of Duty, which is really sad, since this is not a game for them.
But yes, there might be a way to revive this site.

I doesn't even play to new pokemon games, they are horrible to me.
I stick to hold ones, and since I'm the nostalgic kind, I just can't leave these great games behind, Firered, Blue Rescue Team...

Oi, wow. Call of Duty? I seriously hate that "game," mainly because of all the annoyin' fanboys.

Hmmm... I find it funny that you have FireRed and Blue Rescue Team, since I have LeafGreen and Red Rescue Team. By the way, what were your starters in the two games? In LeafGreen, I got a Charmander, and in Red Rescue Team, I started off with a Skitty. Yes, a Skitty.

I really want to get Explorers of Sky so badly... but I don't have a DS... *sniffle*
.-v-.

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2013, 03:53 »
We're not all gone. Many of us here actually are veterans that have been playing since the grand old days of Red and Blue.
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2013, 04:34 »
yeah im still here, and i plan on being here till death do us part 8)

for reference i was in sixth grade when i joined, now i'm a senior in college in t-minus 30 (well less) days
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline GhostPony750

• Rapidash
  • Iceduck Fan
  • Rapidash
    • View Profile
    • Psypoke
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2013, 23:52 »
Oi, wow. Call of Duty? I seriously hate that "game," mainly because of all the annoyin' fanboys.

Hmmm... I find it funny that you have FireRed and Blue Rescue Team, since I have LeafGreen and Red Rescue Team. By the way, what were your starters in the two games? In LeafGreen, I got a Charmander, and in Red Rescue Team, I started off with a Skitty. Yes, a Skitty.

I really want to get Explorers of Sky so badly... but I don't have a DS... *sniffle*
I've completed 17 games in my FireRed, and took Charizard most of the times.
And in Blue Rescue Team, I got squirtle and charmander the first time, then charmander and totodile, etc.
I actually started to play pokemon when Firered went in stores, I was 7. And now I'm 15. :)

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2013, 01:14 »
I've completed 17 games in my FireRed, and took Charizard most of the times.
And in Blue Rescue Team, I got squirtle and charmander the first time, then charmander and totodile, etc.
I actually started to play pokemon when Firered went in stores, I was 7. And now I'm 15. :)

I think that's pretty interesting that you started like a lot of veteran players but with the remakes.

I personally think Pokemon has always stayed pretty strong, I've been playing since Blue and I love every game....some definitely more than others but they've always been fun.

Offline GhostPony750

• Rapidash
  • Iceduck Fan
  • Rapidash
    • View Profile
    • Psypoke
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2013, 21:57 »
I think that's pretty interesting that you started like a lot of veteran players but with the remakes.

I personally think Pokemon has always stayed pretty strong, I've been playing since Blue and I love every game....some definitely more than others but they've always been fun.
I prefer the older games, great gameplay, storylines...
The new... too much details on new pokemons, which make them look weird, sometimes horrible.
They didn't improved anything but graphics.
The gameplay is horrible, too complex, and the storyline... it needs to be longer.
I can understand why older games have short storyline, but the new games, they have enough data and technology to make longer storylines.
But well, that's my opinion :P (I'll stick to Blue Rescue Team)

Now, back on topic: maybe new themes would be great.
This one is nice, yes, but if we could switch themes it would be great, I think.

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2013, 01:49 »
Newer games have the same gameplay but it's sped up significantly + physical/special split is actually kinda cool but w/e that's just me, i've seen the gameplay evolve to what it is now so it was quite nice over the years to experience it firsthand.

It's still crazy that you were 7 when you played Fire Red, because I was like 11 when we were getting news on them and I was like 12 or 13 when I first played them.  I was 6 or 7 when the original Red/Blue came out.  Sadly, the newer generation of pokemon players won't have a readily available missingno :(
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!