Author Topic: What's annoying you and bugging you at the moment then?  (Read 532620 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Clairefable

• worst jobby
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
    • abandon hope all ye who enter here
Re: What's annoying you and bugging you at the moment then?
« Reply #5025 on: February 20, 2013, 12:04 »
Mmm, Brock's doughnuts!

Thanks for the tips man though I'm super lazy so I wonder if I could just buy dough rather than making it? Worth a try I suppose.

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #5026 on: February 20, 2013, 14:31 »
I hate drawing like I used to hate Pokemon now.
As in, I was tired of it being repetitive, and would shut it off in under five minutes. I was recently able to overcome this by asking myself the question of whether I was really good enough to finish this game? If I'm too lazy to ever make it to the end, who says I can? (;
It became interesting to me again because it presented myself with a challenge.

Now, drawing... I've gotten too lazy to draw. Spending five minutes on a sketch, line or color has become time wasted/ill spent. I don't post my art anywhere, because sharing has become unimportant to me. It's not fun, I don't enjoy the process, and I'm more than happy to go months to years without drawing in my life so I really don't think I can wait this out. It's kind of sad, I get full of resentment and I've forgotten most of what I used to know.
When I think hard about this, one of my faults of logic is that I shouldn't be afraid of sharing what I draw, because expressing yourself is some of the most fun you can have with art. Art has always been about having fun and enjoying myself with me... I know that, but even so.

Does anyone have any suggestions to help with this? I'd be happy to try.

if youre bored with art but honestly want to continue then just keep drawing
i go months where i feel i could go without drawing for the rest of my life, but i know its a lie. drawing is pretty much all i do when im not sleeping ha ha

try drawing new things; poses, characters, styles
if you dont like your current style, improve it. youre gonna find art is so much more boring when you hate everything you draw due to how stiff your style is. its okay to experiment. i find that when im having a horrible art block its very hard to care about it, but i draw regardless, and try to do new things.
recently ive been very bored with my art and i think others have too, so i felt like using colour pallets to try to bring something more to what i draw. i find it really helps.
chromaa / colourlovers / colourpod are very good to start, or you can make your own.
purplekecleon made the best colouring tutorial ive seen in a while. she has a very good sense of colours in art, and an idol of mine u////u

if youre bored with a stiff style loosen it out. doodle until its more lifelike. this is a good post
if youre bored with characters then try drawing fanart or original characters
if youre just bored with art then keep drawing anyway

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline Sebastian Moran

• ᕦ(ಠ益ಠ)ᕤ Tries too hard
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Fan
  • the pride of roast britain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5027 on: February 20, 2013, 15:35 »
grew out my nails and its bloody difficult to do anything. 
took me about three minutes of trying to turn on the boiler before i managed it. 
and this is with the white bit being only half a centimetre which seems to be the common length for false nails and stuff, how do people cope??? 
think ill just cut em. 

be humble,
for you are
made of earth.

be noble,
for you are
made of stars.

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #5028 on: February 20, 2013, 21:32 »
i tried to make a point on tumblr about art  and everyone hates me now because im so bad with words and getting my point across and i got a bunch of angry anons and replies and you know what i changed my mind i hate having almost 1400 people watching my every post and responding to everything i say negatively someone take them away for a while until i get attention starved again

the christians gave me

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #5029 on: February 21, 2013, 01:39 »
 Yep, still ill, I'm thinking about having today off to let everything settle down since I can feel my head starting to hurt, might aswell take Friday off too since it's the most stressful day of the week and even if whatever I have is going a headache and a blocked nose will really distract me from anything that will need doing that day...

Actually sucks, went through a whole depression stage when this Sinusitis was at it's worse, it only lasted a few hours though so nothing bad.

Completely forgot I had this tab open for atleast an hour and I hadn't even finished the post.

CE is flooded with PS4 topics and it's really annoying.

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5030 on: February 21, 2013, 01:49 »
My new vacuum is giving me problems and I haven't even run it yet! The stupid filter and dirt cups refuse to go in properly and now I have to drive all the way to the store to get someone to show me how to put them back in. The manual is too vague and I wasted about half an hour on the service line FOR NOTHING! I am not very happy because my floor needs vacuumed, I have an inspection tomorrow, AND my other vacuum takes an hour to vacuum a small two bedroom apartment! I nly took out the cups just to see how to operate the thing correctly.

"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #5031 on: February 21, 2013, 03:02 »
fake edit for destressing: do you ever regret caffeine ever being a chemical we found out wasn't harmful for us in small doses
i wouldn't mind so much if it kept me this awake and alert WHEN IT WAS MEANT TO
i knew a second cup was a bad idea but the kettle had been overfilled and im kind of uncomfortable unneccessarily donating to the heat death of the universe when it comes to kettles and i made a second cup of yerba maté BAD IDEA

also caffeine doesn't have any stereoisomers cos its achiral (in not too many words its symmetric and if you reflected it in a mirror and made the molecule in the reflection it'd be the same thing) so anything about "mateine" is rubbish if you just decided to google that

john and mark

as admin on some other sites somewhere idk like i just like i summon powers to make mark sharpen his nails into claws and then rake all the people being lame about john's opinions on art

rake as in raking motion not a male of loose morals

CE is flooded with PS4 topics and it's really annoying.

//does a doubletake//

you don't mean CE as in gamefaqs' CE (current events) do you
           

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #5032 on: February 21, 2013, 10:44 »
got out of bed and immediately went to throw up
hooray thank you body just what i needed

Offline Sizacu

• Sentret Fan
  • hello everyone
    • View Profile
« Reply #5033 on: February 21, 2013, 17:24 »
got out of bed and immediately went to throw up
hooray thank you body just what i needed
At least you know you've woken up!

Everything seems to be annoying me, and I don't really know why :v I think I just need some time isolating myself from my really chatty friends xD;

Captivating Radiant Elegant Serene Seraphic Enchanting Lovely Immortal Adorable

Are you interested in spriting, or improving it?

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5034 on: February 21, 2013, 18:46 »
Mmm, Brock's doughnuts!

Thanks for the tips man though I'm super lazy so I wonder if I could just buy dough rather than making it? Worth a try I suppose.

haha whoops sorry i forgot to reply to this

well tbh the dough is p/m an affair of just combining the water and flour and just doing it like bread i guess like he totally complicates the thing instead of "mix it then knead it till it does that Thing that bread does where it suddenly goes all elastic and smooth"

like i just throw the ingredients into my 80s kenwood chef and let it do the work

if you could get hold of the dough from shops???? like i dunno if you have a sort of chinese community where you live (we do theres like 3-4 shops of asian food stuff its good cos its not solely japanese and it isn't filled with overpriced pocky and weeaboos like as long as they keep the tao ke noi thai seaweed i love i honestly don't care what they sell)
like i think they straight up sell gyoza there hhahaha

oh also don't get reduced sushi from the shops i've never wanted a bathroom library bookshelf more in my life
           

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #5035 on: February 22, 2013, 23:19 »
//does a doubletake//

you don't mean CE as in gamefaqs' CE (current events) do you

Yep. Used to go on a few of the gameboards, caught wind of banter on CE and went over.

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5036 on: February 23, 2013, 16:06 »
Yep. Used to go on a few of the gameboards, caught wind of banter on CE and went over.

hhahaha gamefaqs

i ended up being one of the many secret hipsters to end up on the GameFAQs spinoff scene and ive even got my username namedropped in a wikifaqs article as a "well known veteran" god forbid
i wasn't in the KoS Krew (as in the original one before all these posers popped up) cos i wasn't cool enough but they were there anyway

ahh gamefaqs hell with your non-hashtagged mySQL password storage

basically all that happened was people trying to be cool and metal music and the KoS Krew

like the only forum i ever liked on GameFAQs was The Couch????? cos its where all the veterans hung out i wasn't one but they were a lot less whiny and stupid than CE
CE was just kind of eh

the gamespot merger omg

LUE was just awful and full of proto-reddit and proto-/b/ users

itt: beth finds any excuse to drone on about her history at GameFAQS and GameFAQs naughty club
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 16:12 by well then we'll have a tonic water party »
           

Offline Webby

• Don't come back up unless you're wearing a pussy moustache!
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #5037 on: February 24, 2013, 19:25 »
I left my uni house keys behind this weekend (or I've lost them somewhere, somehow :|)
One of my housemates is definitely not home tonight, and the other might not be back until late/not at all
So I have to drag all my bags up to our friend's house to collect the spare keys to let myself in
Typical that this happens tonight of all nights
I managed to pack EVERYTHING except one of the most vital things
:|

"i hope you get niall bursting out of a tower cake singing "happy birthday mr president" and he's wearing a "miss america 2013" sash while giving you a 3 hour lapdance"

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5038 on: February 25, 2013, 05:04 »
Tonight during the Oscars, Meryl Streep never even opened the envelope and yet knew Daniel Day Lewis won. If you looked closely, you could see the envelope was still sealed!
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #5039 on: February 25, 2013, 09:21 »
because meryl streep is a goddess why do people still question things like this

the christians gave me

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ