Author Topic: Name Rater Too Backed Up  (Read 20922 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline The Hooded Trainer

• Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Name Rater Too Backed Up
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2017, 10:45 »
^I dont think thats such a great way of doing it, simply because theres going to be way more people wanting first gen pokemon rated than say 7th gen. It just doesnt seem the best way to split up the work. Honestly, it could be good to have a namerater named after each region, but they should be able to rate any gen and the work should be split up equally between them to really save time.

Offline The name master

• The name rater's rival!
  • Joeno Fan
  • I rate your nicknames (unofficially)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2017, 11:44 »
^I dont think thats such a great way of doing it, simply because theres going to be way more people wanting first gen pokemon rated than say 7th gen. It just doesnt seem the best way to split up the work. Honestly, it could be good to have a namerater named after each region, but they should be able to rate any gen and the work should be split up equally between them to really save time.
OK.

The name master as Kanto name rater!
Thanks to Inferna for one of the many reasons why I love Dragonite!

Offline blastburnman

• Pokemon Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2017, 14:25 »
That'd probably be a good idea, actually. After all, there's a lot of Gen 1-3 nicknames, but some of the Kalos Pokemon have no nicknames whatsoever, not to mention the Alola Pokemon which still need to be added. Having the workload split equally between the name raters, either as a 'first-come, first rate' policy or the mods assigning names to them either manually or via program, would work out a lot better.
BTW, what would happen if I came across one of my own nicknames? I can't rate it if I'm a name rater!
As for coming across your own nickname, I think that if you see a nickname you submitted, you could just have another Name Rater rate it. That way, it'll be kept unbiased. (Of course, we still need to wait for the Mods to approve the idea, let alone us becoming the name raters, so... *Shrugs*)

Offline The name master

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2017, 15:53 »
(Of course, we still need to wait for the Mods to approve the idea, let alone us becoming the name raters, so... *Shrugs*)
Do it! Just... DO IT!!!

Offline blastburnman

• Pokemon Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2017, 17:11 »
Do it! Just... DO IT!!!
Oh, I would. It's just that I don't want to end up getting my account banned from the site for jumping the gun.

Offline The name master

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2017, 17:51 »
Oh, I would. It's just that I don't want to end up getting my account banned from the site for jumping the gun.
That was more directed at the mods, but OK.

Offline blastburnman

• Pokemon Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2017, 16:04 »
Oh, sorry about that, then. Wasn't exactly sure who you were talking to, especially thanks to you quoting me before posting it.

Offline Weepiinbeell

• Pokemon Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2018, 18:32 »
so... There's no name rater?

Offline The name master

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2018, 19:44 »
so... There's no name rater?
Do I count?

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2018, 19:49 »
the original name rater died of extreme loose poops caused by a bad case of name poisoning. the name master is our outsider artist volunteer name rater now.
           

Offline The name master

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2018, 20:13 »
the name master is our outsider artist volunteer name rater now.
At least I would be if people actually posted their nicknames, lol

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2018, 18:48 »
More like he retired to sunny Ireland Monaco.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2018, 21:27 »
What ever happened to Sentret now where on the subject of missing contributors to sections of the site? Sentret rated nicknames a few times. All the info pages are severely outdated and the news section hasn’t been updated since ORAS were announced. Heck even the Caption Contest went untouched for nearly two years. Who is supposed to keep that stuff up to date? The Pokémon of the Week section not being updated I get since Ritchie became busy with other things irl but the rest ii don’t get.
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2018, 03:26 »
^Could be a reason. I thought Rich left because him and Raven got into it (yet again) . When I asked them both to back down, he (Rich) wouldn't and left.

Mostly everyone just has too little time to spend updating everything, and by now we're uber behind.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2018, 03:52 »
Please don't focus on drama.

Pages will not really be updated in the near future unless a user really wills it. As it stands, I don't know anyone who is willing or able enough to bring news. We pretty much need someone young and energetic that's willing to work with us (and more or less for us and for free, or I could shell out money but I'm not sure I make enough to do that) because I have very little ability to work behind the scenes with our website.

I also don't have the energy to do anything but post sometimes, but I am willing to work with people.

The other admins are older than I am so basically everything I go through but worse.

At this point, we need a niche because there are other websites people will use for information. There is absolutely no competing with that no matter how much we try. We need to seize upon quirkiness and more or less "alternative" content.

Some examples are well written fanon articles, cool conspiracies and articles about Pokemon, cool nitbits about the history of Pokemon, etc. Just fun little fan entered things would be pretty cool to put on the site. That's kind of what I've had planned but not really had some of the time or energy to fully execute. I've also generally only written about it a few times in passing.
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!