Author Topic: Tournament area  (Read 1439 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
Tournament area
« on: July 14, 2013, 01:50 »
The PKMN tournament area is pretty much dead, and I think that it shouldn't go to waste, I thought we could kick around some ideas and make an attempt to revive it. So, any ideas?
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
Re: Tournament area
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 05:03 »
I don't know if there are enough competitive players left around to make a tournament viable, but I could attempt to set one up if there's interest?

Edit: I've created a tournament, so let's see if we can get some people interested. If I get a positive response, I wouldn't be opposed to holding tournaments monthly or something, but it'd come down to how responsive people are.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 06:50 by Richard and Blaziken »
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 00:46 »
You'd smash me, and I don't really have any pokemon for OU, when I raise pokemon, I just raise them to battle my friends and bro. I'd lose in round 1, and I'm horrid on wi-fi so, I may start a beginner's tourney with one legend each and some of your rules. But if you need an 8th seed, I may be able to scare up something, and get completely destroyed. :dry:  But you need to download something for the simulator so, I'd have to do it on wi-fi.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 00:49 by ShinyBlaziken2000 »

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 00:58 »
The problem with Tournaments is that most of us will probably just end up dropping out unless you like having tournaments where literally one guy wins by default because everyone else doesn't play.  When DP came out I was a freshman in high school, to put things in perspective, so waaaaaaaaaay back then people were somewhat free.  Real life has sadly caught up to all of us and destroyed much of the competitive luster we all once had.
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 01:11 »
The tournament area on PUK also has spriting, nicknaming, and many other competitions unrelated to battle, so we could reboot those as well

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2013, 02:05 »
You'd smash me, and I don't really have any pokemon for OU, when I raise pokemon, I just raise them to battle my friends and bro. I'd lose in round 1, and I'm horrid on wi-fi so, I may start a beginner's tourney with one legend each and some of your rules. But if you need an 8th seed, I may be able to scare up something, and get completely destroyed. :dry:  But you need to download something for the simulator so, I'd have to do it on wi-fi.

We're using a simulator and there is no download, it's just make a username, build a team and play. Very simple to do

The problem with Tournaments is that most of us will probably just end up dropping out unless you like having tournaments where literally one guy wins by default because everyone else doesn't play.  When DP came out I was a freshman in high school, to put things in perspective, so waaaaaaaaaay back then people were somewhat free.  Real life has sadly caught up to all of us and destroyed much of the competitive luster we all once had.

That's why I've kept this tournament small, it's more of a test run to see how it'll run. If it fails, no real loss, but if not, perhaps we can get people interested again.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 14:18 »
Also the fact that I don't like joining too many site so I don't forget about one.

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2013, 15:49 »
There's literally no joining involved, you just type in a name, make a team and battle people. If you don't want to, no one's forcing you to, but I'm just clarifying.

quack98

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2013, 16:30 »
I would do tournaments, but I don't like to use the simulators either (they're a pain in the **** on iPad, and that's my 'laptop')

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2013, 21:51 »
I meant the actual tournament area under community.