Author Topic: what's saddening you right now?  (Read 342676 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline q.c.™

• Poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another.
  • Sentret Fan
  • Hi, I'm Marcus.
    • View Profile
Re: what's depressing you right now?
« Reply #2145 on: January 21, 2011, 14:46 »
^ ... a feeling I know all too well.

Offline RocketMember002

• Joy Incarnate
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: January 21, 2011, 14:47 »
You get to keep all the Haribo...silver lining.

Offline Buttons The Plural™

• i like being vague as much as i like doing that other thing.
  • Joeno Fan
  • Well...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: January 21, 2011, 14:49 »
^^^ share them with meeeeeee

i started looking for things i could use to make my expo costume, after deciding to go as the masked man from mother 3 i started looking though my old clothes, pretty cure i had an old black bomber jacket that would be perfect. After tipping my flat upside down looking for it i remembered that a few weeks before i filled a bag with old clothes and took them to a charity shop..

i decided to go to the charity shop to find the bomber jacket. after looking around and not seeing i thought it would be in a store room somewhere, i would have had no problem buying it off them... so i asked if they had seen it but it had already been sold T.T

now i have to buy a brand new bomber jacket.

Afro-Disiak

« Reply #2148 on: January 21, 2011, 14:50 »
Today i had to go to a jobseekers interview. i had to wake up at 9:55 so i sat an alarm. however, had dropped my phone a few days before and when i corrected the time i didn't correct the date. My phone had been set to go off on Saturday instead of Thursday and i woke up at 11am.

Now i will be getting a letter of caution and they are thinking about not paying me. i currently have no money, bills, and no food. Ive been eating pasta whirls with melted butter and salt on for the past week. i neeeed to get paid T.T

how about going out and looking for a job instead of the Job Centre doing it all for you? I have two now trolololol, and have a couple of other interviews lined up that I may take... I really don't understand the whole "I can't get a job" attitude, I wanted more money so I looked for a second job and within a week I've got one.

Oh I'm not depressed about anything either, just miffed at people expecting everything done for them.

edit: oh and you have money to buy a costume for Expo but not for food or rent? Priorites much.........

Offline The Entertainer

• If people learn from their mistakes, then I must be the smartest person in the world.
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: January 21, 2011, 16:57 »
Lol Dan. Some destruction going on.

I remember part-time minimum wage at 14 for a restaurant. >.>
I mostly blew it on games. And if my mom needed at any point.
Would work after school from 4-11pm. Only Friday-Sunday though,
so not too much stress since I didn't have to go to school the next.
Except Mondays...had to quit after I took an after-school program.

Now I'm 17 and feel like I want a job again, but dealing with school
issues is tough now. <--- Guess that's depressing.
dark lugia spirit #1 /jkickit /smooth moves/ the entertainer

Offline Mulholland

• Senior Staff Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • Poyo?
    • View Profile
    • Before I Kick
« Reply #2150 on: January 21, 2011, 17:31 »
how about going out and looking for a job instead of the Job Centre doing it all for you? I have two now trolololol, and have a couple of other interviews lined up that I may take... I really don't understand the whole "I can't get a job" attitude, I wanted more money so I looked for a second job and within a week I've got one.

I've been job hunting for a few weeks now and I've gotten nothing back. Not even a rejection!

Times are hard. I haven't even been to the job centre because they insist on my having a letter illustrating the dates of attendance from my last course and the college refuses to help me.

So I have been sending off applications all day every weekday and gotten nowhere.

So yea, that's what is getting at me right now.

Offline Ledyba

• Judge, Jury, and Executioner | <3 Kelly!!
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: January 21, 2011, 18:50 »
^ Oh dear. :<

They've sent me on a course which to be honest, I'm not sure if is going to help me in the slightist, I'm not sure what I can gain what I already don't have, during my tenure at stuying  law I also did one releating to office skills, which, in some cases, felt like a bit more heavy than the Law - so I wonder if this 'businese, ICT and admin' (with some health and saftey) is going to benefit me, and more importantly, not throwing good money away that could probably be used in better ways.  I mean, it could be an excellent course, but I dunno, I don't want to waste my time, and more importantly - their's.. I mean its a 11 weeeks, i dunno..

my opinoin though -- not that I'm critizing anyone, is not to relay on the JobCentre as they have a habit of sending me jobs that I can't actually apply to for one reason or another (Expereince, meh) sure use their facilities such as the job machines, but don't relay on them to get you a job..!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 18:53 by Ledyba »

Offline f3raligatr

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: January 21, 2011, 19:47 »

Oh I'm not depressed about anything either, just miffed at people expecting everything done for them.

edit: oh and you have money to buy a costume for Expo but not for food or rent? Priorites much.........

Whilst I agree on an extent what you've said, at the same time it's not always going to be the same story for you as everybody else. I was out looking for 9 months before I got a job, and got rejected from places such as Asda because they saw me as somebody who saw it as a temporary thing with my qualifications, and other places due to lack of experience.

It's always been a case of once you're in a job it's far easier to then get another job.

But at the same time, that shouldn't stop you taking anything. Asda, Tescos, they're always looking for new employees and as long as you're not dirty and unsociable, they'll give you a chance at Interview level. Sure, you don't want to be there for the rest of your life, but you don't want to be unemployed for the rest of your life either, and there's no shame in doing an honest job.

Priorities. In the end it took me seeing my friends leaving to go to University again that I realised "anything", because I not only needed the money but I needed something to show I was going somewhere in life. I'd have taken Asda then, and I still would. No shame in it at all.

09-07-2013 & 12-08-2013
beyond the suffering you've known
i hope you find your way
may you never be broken again

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: January 21, 2011, 20:08 »
when your neighbour with a drinking problem comes to your house and won't leave unless you drink everything she's offering you and agree that men are indeed pigs

apologies if i'm not a bitter divorcee, but i'm not saying a word to you so you can use it against me later.

ps go home you're kind of scaring me

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline RocketMember002

• Joy Incarnate
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: January 21, 2011, 20:15 »
I spent a solid year applying to 3+ jobs a week and only got 2 interviews in the entire period. :< Lack of A levels and a generally crappy uneducated area pretty much screw you over. Being on the doll is horrible.
Being on ALG is awesome though!

Trying to read through half of my whole Biology text book in preparation for Monday...I had no idea there was so much to learn. I'm unlikely to get the much needed A I require.

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: January 22, 2011, 00:28 »
Have to wait another week to see an amazing girl.

Offline Lugiafanatic

• Lugia
  • Joeno Fan
  • Thanks to dark-snorlax for the avvy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: January 22, 2011, 15:01 »
The Evgeni Malkin-less, Sidney Crosby-less, Marc-Andre Fleury-less Penguins lost. :(

...To the Devils.

UGH!
I am Lugia, the guardian of the sea.

--------
We're looking for mods here. Please join and PM me there for details!

Offline Liam

• 1337 Donator
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: January 22, 2011, 23:56 »
Dad is in one of his drunken ABBA moods.

~.~

Offline Buttons The Plural™

• i like being vague as much as i like doing that other thing.
  • Joeno Fan
  • Well...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: January 23, 2011, 00:31 »

for starters i don't pay rent, the government pay it for me until i get a job. And the job center don't look for jobs for me at all, they just give me money if i am looking for a job, so i actually have to LOOK for a job. But if the job center stop giving me money, my rent stops too and seeing as the rent is £140 a week and i get £50 (actually £30 as £20 comes out for electricity) it gets pretty depressing. i wouldn't be able to afford expo right now but putting a £5 away every now and then, selling the odd painting every now and then will cover it and as for the costume i will be making most of it with the craft gear i have at home. I just need to buy a jacket. I got some perspex from a friend of mine who had some in his shed. When you live on £30 a week you get used to budgeting.

Been looking for a job for over a year, i have really good grades but no one is hiring right now. I NEED a job that is 30+ hours a week to cover the rent/council tax/ electricity/ water and food costs/bills. jobs of that many hours are even harder to come by. i -have- to search for at least 3 jobs a week and bring back proof which isn't hard but when you have been to every shop you can think of in the town you live in the pickings start getting slim. Currently i have an interview with an air company, it's just like a reception job but it's good money. I'm hoping i get it... And getting a job is all based on luck, seeing as for every job opening there is there can be up to 200 people after the same spot. i just have to get a good interview. This becomes twice as hard as my stutter makes me sound like a complete and total tit.

So no... i can't afford rent but expo will be fine as long as i am careful. Im am in a tough position as one slip up will make me homeless quite easily. I really don't want to be homeless again.

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: January 23, 2011, 00:37 »
Nothings depressing me really, a funny story though, I told my friends mother she was lovely, she wants to kill me now....  ::)