Author Topic: what's saddening you right now?  (Read 342691 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Re: what's saddening you right now?
« Reply #3240 on: January 04, 2012, 10:00 »
Quantity doesn't equal quality. If you upload every so often and spend alot of time it'll look better than 40 badly drawn pictures, yes you attract attention but you'll get the wrong kind. Just keep at it and critise yourself so you can learn from mistakes.

My asthma is playing up again, i woke up with a sore chest. Took my peakflow and i'm scraping 330 when i should get 380. Idg why because i've been taking my preventer :T don't need this rn

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #3241 on: January 04, 2012, 10:08 »
ya what court said
idgi this WWEH NOBODY VISIBLY ACKNOWLEDGED MY ARt!!!!!! thing
it's not a goddamn popularity contest just do what makes u happy??
im so sick of people assuming it's all about how many notes you get on something u_u

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline Sebastian Moran

• ᕦ(ಠ益ಠ)ᕤ Tries too hard
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Fan
  • the pride of roast britain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3242 on: January 04, 2012, 11:29 »
Whoever doesn't have comments, maybe put your heads together and review each other's stuff. 
The kind that you would like to see on your own work. Might be useful. 

be humble,
for you are
made of earth.

be noble,
for you are
made of stars.

OranBerrySandvich

« Reply #3243 on: January 04, 2012, 15:49 »
ya what court said
idgi this WWEH NOBODY VISIBLY ACKNOWLEDGED MY ARt!!!!!! thing
it's not a goddamn popularity contest just do what makes u happy??
im so sick of people assuming it's all about how many notes you get on something u_u
I just wanted somebody - anybody - to tell me what I was doing right, and why nobody was even looking at it in the first place... Besides, isn't it human nature to seek recognition of some form? I don't know, I just wanted an honest opinion so I could make improvements.

I just remebered why I hate my school so much.
The hard way.

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #3244 on: January 04, 2012, 17:12 »
I just wanted somebody - anybody - to tell me what I was doing right, and why nobody was even looking at it in the first place... Besides, isn't it human nature to seek recognition of some form? I don't know, I just wanted an honest opinion so I could make improvements.

yeah we all want this with our art and writing but it doesn't just happen the first picture you upload
or the first 200
it could be any amount

its not great to assume that other people's criticism will be your initial motivating factor
the depressing thing is that a lot of start-up inertia re: any creative craft for that matter, has to be done on your own behalf i.e. not seeking out comments and just offering as is and the sooner you realise that you will have a commentless gallery (full of awful drawings that you delete and pretend never existed) the better
it means you'll have to develop a methodically and meticulously critical eye about your own work which is vital for improvement
but not so much that you're doing that tired old thing of "here is my art its sooooo crap" CONSTANTLY and its like ok goth shut up

obvs if you want legit criticism then join an artists forum and post your stuff and ask for it

what i find is this folds out instead when people ask for "criticism" (i.e. on Deviantart):

they ask for people to go "wow!!!"
and then you do the same old "it's not that good really!!!"
and they're like "NO ITS REALLY GOOD"
if they don't do this then they tend to get their comments blocked or aren't ascribing to your "personal style!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
and you play the silly game of "i suck" "no you don't" compliment fishing
and its all very sort of maybe you just sort of have to realise you don't suck without having to constantly have someone prop up that opinion and fail to do so cos you're stubborn thus allowing you to do naught but martyr the whole thing u.s.w.

or you could be like an obnoxious ex-friend of mine where he'd ask for criticism on his art "NO I WANTED EGO RUBBING" (he actually said this obvs not in all caps but) and then when i did so he'd be like "NO I WANT CRITICISM I'M SICK OF YOU JUST THINKING ITS GREAT ALL THE TIME FGS" and its like wow you wonder why i haven't spoken to you for over a year now i mean this is just an example but I DIGRESS

you're best off just drawing/writing
and drawing/writing
and drawing/writing and being under the impression that for the first god knows how long a lot of people won't even look
or care

if you mentally prepare yourself for no-one giving a crap like i do with my work then you're not disappointed when it actually happens and you're pleasantly surprised when it does

unless you actually post it in a place you know you'll get the desired criticism (aforementioned artist pages, examples could be the Polykarbon BBS and theres another one i can't quite recall hang on //digs around// ah here it is wetcanvas although they do classes which are great to learn from)
(not sure re: writing i'm sure there's loads of writing criticism forums)
again be aware that these people will not sugarcoat it which most budding artists need to learn to deal with

but yeah hth

Censored swearing is still swearing, don't do it, please. - Daedalus

^ oh gosh i have the filter off i forgot aaaaaa
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 22:04 by xhanatos »
           

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #3245 on: January 06, 2012, 02:05 »
scary stuffs been going on in my life, and same thing with a friend

but im more concerned about her than me for a few reasons

jeebus i desperately need some good news on this matter -_-

Offline RocketMember002

• Joy Incarnate
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3246 on: January 06, 2012, 18:53 »
It's Friday (friday, gotta get down on friday. omg have to go rewatch that now) and HIGNFY isn't on. :(

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #3247 on: January 09, 2012, 01:07 »
still concerning things happening in my life. not hers anymore though -_-

i also was snowboarding today, hit a patch of ice, and my knee is all bruised and swollen now. i cant even walk. they think i tore something under my knee and im going to the doctors tomorrow. gr8

Offline Piccolami.

• Joeno Fan
  • cheers Rich for the Rocket Ampharos <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3248 on: January 09, 2012, 19:40 »
the majority of my family have forgotten it's my birthday, what joy
also placement was a bit rubbish today
also family stuff

thank god for alex to cheer me up a bit :3

being 19 is fun
human beings in a mob
what's a mob to a king
what's a king to a god
what's a god to a non believer
who don't believe in
anything

kr9q

« Reply #3249 on: January 11, 2012, 02:17 »
[dead fish] I failed him. I failed my own pet. I forgot to feed him for months, and clean his bowl, and now... he's gone. It's all my fault. I should have remembered. And now? He's lying is a pill bottle outside his tank.  :'( Me and my mom are going to bury him in the garden tomorrow. I'm so stupid. I basically murdered my own pet, without even meaning to! I can't take it any more, I'm not a good pet owner and I know it. That feeling you get when  want to, or are, dying, that's what I feel. I really cared for Brock, I really did but, I failed him. I... I should just go...  :'( Damn it! I can't forget about Brock! I just can't, god damn it. I feel like my heart has been ripped into tiny pieces that can never be put back together again. I should just give myself up to the circus, dressed as a dead fish. [/dead fish]
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 02:26 by Yoshino "Yoshi" Fujieda »

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #3250 on: January 12, 2012, 14:30 »
honestly this has been the worst start to a year ive ever had

Offline Clairefable

• worst jobby
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
    • abandon hope all ye who enter here
« Reply #3251 on: January 12, 2012, 14:58 »
honestly this has been the worst start to a year ive ever had

I came here to say this

Also, housemate, please turn the Adele cd off, it's not really want I need to be listening to right now

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #3252 on: January 12, 2012, 15:44 »
i think i failed that physics exam

brb whilst i hit my head against a wall

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #3253 on: January 12, 2012, 22:09 »
I feel like doing anything musically now is a chore.
i used to love playing my trumpet but now i just hate it. This is down to my teacher, she just critizises me constantly and makes me out to be wrong all the time. I think she's praised my playing about twice? I know that i can't expect to get praise all the time but i'd rather constructive critisim than just feeling utter crap about my playing every lesson.
I want to give up after my music exam as i don't have a reason to contiune playing but my friends at band want me to stay so i'm in two minds about stopping ugh :|

kr9q

« Reply #3254 on: January 12, 2012, 22:25 »
I feel like doing anything musically now is a chore.
i used to love playing my trumpet but now i just hate it. This is down to my teacher, she just critizises me constantly and makes me out to be wrong all the time. I think she's praised my playing about twice? I know that i can't expect to get praise all the time but i'd rather constructive critisim than just feeling utter crap about my playing every lesson.
I want to give up after my music exam as i don't have a reason to contiune playing but my friends at band want me to stay so i'm in two minds about stopping ugh :|
Yea, that happened to me with my Elementary School music teacher. She was like, "Barbara, you're playing the recorder all wrong. You're not supposed to use your Right hand, your supposed to use your Left!" Then, I quit playing it, in front of her anyways.

Well, I've started to get off my, like nine or something year, fondness of pokemon. I just see it as well, dull. It makes me sad to know that I'm not liking it as much anymore.