Author Topic: what's saddening you right now?  (Read 342653 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
Re: what's saddening you right now?
« Reply #3915 on: March 03, 2014, 02:50 »
Kay babu here's a hug ;; <3

I know another guy who needs one.

This 63 year old man, has started his own music shop. He's been in the music business for years and has finally found a building. As soon as he finished setting up, he finds out that the building managers are expanding the grocery store while removing a nail salon, and, you guessed it, his music shop. This man had 70K invested in fixing this shop up, and they're offering him 15k to move in to a building two doors down, which is completely trashed. So they basically screwed this man over.

Some people.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #3916 on: March 03, 2014, 13:59 »
thats sad but taking someone elses response to someone elses issue and making it about someone else is sort of a dick move bro

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #3917 on: March 03, 2014, 14:19 »
I know another guy who needs one.

This 63 year old man, has started his own music shop. He's been in the music business for years and has finally found a building. As soon as he finished setting up, he finds out that the building managers are expanding the grocery store while removing a nail salon, and, you guessed it, his music shop. This man had 70K invested in fixing this shop up, and they're offering him 15k to move in to a building two doors down, which is completely trashed. So they basically screwed this man over.

Some people.

why dont you give the man a hug instead of telling us about it then,
           

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3918 on: March 03, 2014, 22:01 »
thats sad but taking someone elses response to someone elses issue and making it about someone else is sort of a dick move bro

True. I've been making dick moves too often here of late.
why dont you give the man a hug instead of telling us about it then,

Well, let's see, i'm rarely in that area, and I thought it was sad that this happened. So I posted it, sue me.

Anyways, hmm..... I have many ideas for the rp's i'm in, but I was the last to post on both, so i'm stuck until someone else posts.

Wolstenholme

« Reply #3919 on: March 03, 2014, 22:12 »
You said sue me and I got Guys and Dolls feels.

Sue me, sue me, shoot bullets through me, I love you.

ughhh I wish I was still doing Guys and Dolls that was such a good part of my life.

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3920 on: March 03, 2014, 23:43 »
I'm losing hours of sleep due to the fear of not existing at death. Even as I write this post, there are tears in my eyes and the thought of it scares me to no end.

I thought of it deeply a few years back and scared myself and since then its recurred, getting more and more common and its getting to the point that its almost every night.

I don't see why we exist fir such a short time only to see pain and suffering around us, and then when it's all over there's nothing, and it seems such a waste. I can't bring myself to believe in a deity, as would be the easiest way, because I see no reasoning to assume such a thing and I can't dillude my own thoughts, and if I'm honest I'm jealous of those who can.

Sorry if I depressed anyone there, but these thoughts circle my head and I felt getting them out would do some good rather than dwelling on them in my head, and I think I may have mentioned his in passing before but its just got to the point where it's every night now.
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #3921 on: March 03, 2014, 23:55 »
 We did Guys and Dolls back in school  ^.^ such fun.

I'm just slightly saddened by the fact that I've grown up mentally and can't find the things that I liked when I was younger fun.

Maybe.... *whispers* life is a dream and when we die, we wake up. If that helps at all.

Offline the bread dragon

• my furniture has come alive
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3922 on: March 03, 2014, 23:58 »
I'm losing hours of sleep due to the fear of not existing at death. Even as I write this post, there are tears in my eyes and the thought of it scares me to no end.

I thought of it deeply a few years back and scared myself and since then its recurred, getting more and more common and its getting to the point that its almost every night.

I don't see why we exist fir such a short time only to see pain and suffering around us, and then when it's all over there's nothing, and it seems such a waste. I can't bring myself to believe in a deity, as would be the easiest way, because I see no reasoning to assume such a thing and I can't dillude my own thoughts, and if I'm honest I'm jealous of those who can.

Sorry if I depressed anyone there, but these thoughts circle my head and I felt getting them out would do some good rather than dwelling on them in my head, and I think I may have mentioned his in passing before but its just got to the point where it's every night now.
that sounds like an old fashioned existential crisis
just listen to some indie music and play video games, youll be fine in an hour

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #3923 on: March 04, 2014, 00:13 »
e

you know you can skip the whole existentialist nihilism i.e. "theres nothing in life therefore im not going to try because there is no point" (i personally think existentialist nihilism is kinda tiresome, lazy and melodramatic but thats just me) bit by trying to develop, or at least consider more sorta "zen buddhist" values about it all, in which you realise yes the world is a load of strife and you just die and thats it and everything is temporary and nothing is permenant

but you straight up go "well you know what, its all crap but ive still got the free will in this """crap world""" to buck this idiotic Nothing system by going against it and doing nice things and making a Thing of it with the time i have on this earth"
i.e. aiming to do random selflessly nice things just because, mindfulness meditating a lot to clear your mind of bad thoughts about the world (meditating is just practising the 'go away, bad thoughts' mental muscle)

im making it sound really dorky but i hope you understand what im getting at here

i could go on but if this sort of thing is really bugging you on a regular basis (beyond the usual teenage angst stuff)  then you can perhaps check out a few sorta pop books about it, like Hardcore Zen by Brad Warner, a former punk turned buddhist (although i haven't had a chance to read it yet so i can't wholeheartedly reccommend it, ymmv) but doing a little lazy research into buddhism may be a thing for you

like i may be overreading and typing a load of junk to what is essentially just a Bad Night or whatever but death is my favourite thing, go figure
           

Wolstenholme

« Reply #3924 on: March 04, 2014, 00:17 »
Now I'm not gonna sleep either. Thanks, Dick.

Thing is that it would all be pointless if there was nothing after death so by reasoning, there has to be. My problem is that science can't prove anything about it, it's a find out when you get there sorta thing. Is there life after death? is the same sort of question as will the buffet have cocktail sausages?

So I resolved to focus on the now. This is actually, I have realised, what makes me so bad at planning things: if I look to the future I just end up pondering the meaning of life (42) so I have to force myself to think about right now.

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3925 on: March 04, 2014, 00:41 »
The main aim in life is to repopulate and build for their futures in the hope of them having a truly positive impact in life

It's kinda why I've kinda accepted my position but I know if / when I have children I'll put everything I can into it to make sure they don't make the same mistakes I did and if they can change the world then brilliant, if not it's great too because they can have an impact on other people's lives and hopefully do good

It's also why death or post-life doesn't scare me. I know it's coming, I just hope I can help build the future before it's too late

Offline Hahex and Oshawott

• Number 500 of the PUK crew. Who started this anyway?
  • Joeno Fan
  • Holding on to what I haven't got.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3926 on: March 04, 2014, 00:43 »
Man, I used to be scared of death as well, to the point where I was reduced to tears. It doesn't bother me as much, but I'm still afraid, after all its only natural. But, I think that's just because we're young. I hope that by the time I'm an old man, I would've achieved everything that I really wanted to in life and that I would be happy to let death take me, because that's about as much as I can ask for. All you can do is live life to its fullest and hope that the end comes at an appropriate time.

It's scary but ultimately, there's nothing you can do about it so there's not much sense in worrying about it. The best you can hope to do is to delay the inevitable and enjoy the moment while you can. I suppose in this new Godless world, such thoughts are common. Hopefully, some of this has made some sense at least. Don't stay up too late on it, sleep is healthy.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3927 on: March 04, 2014, 02:27 »

Andddddddd......... now with everything i'm already doing, you all now have me to ponder the meaning of life.

I suppose in this new Godless world, such thoughts are common.

From what I've seen in my short existence on this earth, dammit, you're spot on.

Just live in the moment, make good choices, and make a difference in this world. My thought on the matter is to leave a good lasting impression on this Earth, to pave the way for a better future. Help others out. Don't make enemies (although inevitable). Try not to lose your mind, and stay positive if you can. Don't ponder it too much, or else you'll spiral into a chasm of depression. Learn from the past, live in the present, and look to the future.

*Braces for insults and death threats*

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #3928 on: March 04, 2014, 02:53 »
look at all these deep 12 year olds

im looking at clothes i wanna wear and feeling like just curling up and dying because everyone will make fun of me for wearing them haha!

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile