Author Topic: what's saddening you right now?  (Read 342689 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
Re: what's saddening you right now?
« Reply #4005 on: May 22, 2014, 20:54 »
My mum loves Educating Rita.  I've never seen or read it, but I like some of Willy Russell's other work so idk.

worst i've read at school was journey to the river sea in year seven, which i'd already read and was just really boring both times imo

thanks gl <3

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4006 on: May 24, 2014, 17:48 »
Jonny Wilkinson's putting on a masterclass right now

why does he have to retire? ;;

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #4007 on: May 25, 2014, 05:29 »
people trying to say elliot rodgers shooting a bunch of women for not sleeping with him isnt a feminist issue and basically trying to deny the fact that this was just one big solid case of male entitlement lol :')

"hes just sick in the head!" yeah youd like that to be the case wouldnt you

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4008 on: May 25, 2014, 14:09 »
people trying to say elliot rodgers shooting a bunch of women for not sleeping with him isnt a feminist issue and basically trying to deny the fact that this was just one big solid case of male entitlement lol :')

"hes just sick in the head!" yeah youd like that to be the case wouldnt you

tbf it's an extreme reaction to male entitlement. There are loads of people who are in a similar boat to him and you don't see them pulling the trigger like that. Plus there are probably more issues to it than that...

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #4009 on: May 25, 2014, 15:51 »
Plus there are probably more issues to it than that...

enlighten us then webbz

what "other issues" could possibly justify a bratty child of a man to murder women for nothing other than his own self-importance
           

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4010 on: May 25, 2014, 17:11 »
what "other issues" could possibly justify a bratty child of a man to murder women for nothing other than his own self-importance

I dunno but being just a bratty child of a man wouldn't lead to that much murder in a regular circumstance

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #4011 on: May 25, 2014, 17:22 »
 The guy could have felt humiliated or something, it could have been the only way he could have felt it was possible to get equal. I'll admit that I haven't even read about this so... eh, I don't really care about the case.

It just hit me that I probably wont be able to meet up with any friends from college through the summer. It seems that the majority of them have social anxiety or want to get drunk. I don't drink so it's sucky.

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4012 on: May 25, 2014, 17:40 »
The guy could have felt humiliated or something, it could have been the only way he could have felt it was possible to get equal. I'll admit that I haven't even read about this so... eh, I don't really care about the case.

Humiliation doesn't lead to murder though, or at least shouldn't.

Offline the bread dragon

• my furniture has come alive
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4013 on: May 25, 2014, 18:06 »
Humiliation doesn't lead to murder though, or at least shouldn't.
I dont think he was trying to justify it

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #4014 on: May 25, 2014, 18:30 »
I dunno but being just a bratty child of a man wouldn't lead to that much murder in a regular circumstance

either you're backtracking or it was clumsy wording but it almost looked like you were somehow defending or sympathising with the dude

a dude takes out his frustrations on being generally unlikeable and thus unable to get girls by shooting them dead because its the girls' fault and not his, so the dude thinks/thought

its part of this whole patriachial values thing that still depressingly lingers, essentially the whole "dudes thinking they have god given rights to things purely cos of the small organ between their legs and throwing a tantrum when denied" thing
           

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #4015 on: May 25, 2014, 21:13 »
the guys also very anti-black racist as well as misogynistic
he followed the mens rights activism youtube channels and forums closely and absorbed everything they said

all this teaches anyone is that if youre a woman you sleep with dudes who ask you to sleep with them or risk death. thinking you have the right to murder a woman because she refuses to sleep with you or go out with you isnt an acceptable reaction to humiliation. thinking girls have to sleep with you because youre a white man is even less so.

theres no way to deny this is just blatant sexism or just the result of mental illness. he was mentally ill, sexist, misogynistic, and entitled, theres no way to justify what he did and the fact people are trying to by saying he just felt humiliated or is just mentally ill is actually a lot of whats wrong with this bs lol.

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4016 on: May 25, 2014, 22:59 »
I dont think he was trying to justify it

I know, I was just highlighting the fact that in most circumstances humiliation wouldn't lead to that consequence ;)

either you're backtracking or it was clumsy wording but it almost looked like you were somehow defending or sympathising with the dude

My post wasn't really clear I guess. I'd never defend anything like that lol

It's pretty clear that there was something wrong with him and his extreme views led him to that sort of action. Thought sylar's post initially was just blaming it on his views which judging by the last post wasn't the case.

Misinterpretations all round.

Offline Sebastian Moran

• ᕦ(ಠ益ಠ)ᕤ Tries too hard
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Fan
  • the pride of roast britain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4017 on: May 25, 2014, 23:12 »
six people (four men, two women) lost their lives to that guy. the police were apparently notified of his videos/intent about a week before it happened, but no action was taken. 

to be honest that's what pisses me off the most about this, aside from people using it as fuel for their agendas, which i'm seeing all over tumblr and similar places. 

that plus the one article which calls the pick-up artist forums he frequented "MRA sites" for some reason lets out a whole OTHER storm of people bickering due to their movement being dragged into it and i just. 

people are dead. people are dead because a twisted individual's warped view of the world led to him shooting and stabbing people. 

this is an individual whose name is all over the internet and who is becoming famous when nobody knows the name of his victims: hell, some people don't even know the gender of his victims. because they're not as exciting as trying to pin the blame of his agenda. 
i shouldn't be this annoyed/disheartened 

sorry for ranting, this isn't aimed at anyone in particular i guess. except for media sites? what's new

« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 23:17 by Sebastian Moran »

be humble,
for you are
made of earth.

be noble,
for you are
made of stars.

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #4018 on: May 25, 2014, 23:31 »
 We don't need to take a "Tumblr Social Justice" stance because those people are, generally, cretins.

It's going to be interesting to see how this story folds out over the month. What happens in these cases? Does anyone go to court or anything? It's pretty much set in stone that he's a murderer.

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4019 on: May 26, 2014, 14:51 »
We don't need to take a "Tumblr Social Justice" stance because those people are, generally, cretins.

It's going to be interesting to see how this story folds out over the month. What happens in these cases? Does anyone go to court or anything? It's pretty much set in stone that he's a murderer.

The guy himself is dead, right? Not much you can do for that if the murderer is dead anyways.

Still, those who were killed...man. I'm not getting the fuss over the murderer. As SM said, he's becoming famous and his victims are pretty much unknown. Makes me a little sad really ._.