Author Topic: Anyone planning teams this Gen?  (Read 5015 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone planning teams this Gen?
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2013, 12:55 »
It is, isn't it? I hope there's like 110 or so.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Liam

• 1337 Donator
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2013, 13:31 »
70? Jeez... that's pretty low... that's pretty disappointing if that's true. =/

All the spots in the dex have been filled up so the only hope we have is that there are some post game Pokémon that haven't been leaked. I doubt this though, so yeah, I'm pretty disappointed.

quack98

« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2013, 13:34 »
I suppose it's better to have 70 good quality pokemon than 150 that seemed a little forced, which is how I kind of felt last gen... Idk, I'm kind of glad they're toning down how many they're releasing, especially with all the megas

Offline Clairefable

• worst jobby
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
    • abandon hope all ye who enter here
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2013, 13:42 »
I may have to go for slimy dragon thing. I haven't really liked *any* of the crazy powerful late game dragons at all before, but this one is cute!

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2013, 02:08 »
I suppose it's better to have 70 good quality pokemon than 150 that seemed a little forced, which is how I kind of felt last gen... Idk, I'm kind of glad they're toning down how many they're releasing, especially with all the megas

The problem is, "quality" is subjective; in all previous gens, the large number of Pokemon allowed for a lot of diversity so that everyone found at least a few new Pokemon they really enjoyed. The low number of new Pokemon doesn't allow as much of that, and I fear we'll see a lot of same-y in-game teams.

Even aside from that, from a competitive standpoint, less new Pokemon means that the metagame won't change as much. Sure, we'll have a mega evo on every team now, and they'll change how the metagame works, but only one is allowed per team, so then you still have to pick either old Pokemon, or one of the 70 new ones, a few of which will be banned to Ubers, and a some of which aren't fully evolved. That's just my two cents on it, but yeah... would have loved to see more than 70 new Pokemon. =/
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2013, 14:23 »
I think another reason for low Pokemon count is that they're trying to get the younger players up to speed with the competitive play.

The new online in X/Y means that battling other players is super quick and seamless and there's no waiting in lobbies and stuff, you can just battle absolutely anywhere.

GameFreak have taken a lot of interest in the competitive scene recently, so what with the Super Training my guess is that they're trying to make it accessible to the younger players, while we get less new Pokemon and a huge load of old ones so they have time to catch up rather than being distracted by another 150.

I'm disappointed too though really, I do actually really like the new Pokemon but with such low postgame content it is going to limit the fun I'll get from the game. Hopefully the new online play will make up for it.

Offline Alpha Fenrir

• The Dark Side of the Sun
  • Rob Fan
  • Anybody got some spare enthusiasm?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2013, 20:25 »
I'm going to avoid having old pokemon in either of my final teams - I'll use them until I get all of the ones I need.

Y- Fairies will be destroyed:
Tyrantrum
Yveltal
Dragalge
Greninja
Talonflame
Aegislash

X- I just like these:
Aurorus
Xerneus
Clawitzer
Delphox
Noivern
Pangoro

There are some others which I want to train, but I will wait until my next play-throughs. Goomy and it's line being one. Pyroar (female), Malamar, Zygarde and Barbaracle also spring to mind.
Curse my memory... Formerly Avalanche Absol 137

...Something tells me no one will care about who I used to be. Or who I am now for that matter.

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2013, 05:39 »
Been looking over things all night and trying to construct a balanced team. I think I'm going to go with:

(Mega) Blaziken
Venusaur
Greninja
Aegislash
Goodra

Not sure about the last slot, but I want something Flying type. Are older Pokemon in the wild?
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2013, 14:13 »
So Rich, we both are getting Aegislash.

Mega Blaziken
Delphox
Aegislash
Sylveon (Trying the new type)
(Something water)
(Something dragon)

Also, Flying press is at the same time, a flying and fight type move.

Offline sans the skeleton

• they/them pronouns please
  • Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2013, 13:39 »
So I've not got the tame but there's been a few changes, as (insert rival site here)'s just released the pokedex so I get a proper look at types and looks for them. Look at all of the good pokemon you can get early on dudes omg!!!

Fennekin (Starter - Okay, this didn't change. I just love this starter the most... grass sucks this gen. I'm soft resetting for a shiny)
Furfrou (So I found out that actually this pokemon's pretty OK ingame, so yay I was right.)
Super Sized Gourgeist (GHOST GRASS OMG YES how do i get super size tho) OR AEGISSLASH IF GOURGEIST ENDS UP SUCKING
Talonflame (This is a definite.)
Pangoro (I'm... not actually sure if I should keep Pangoro, still need to see if Pangoro is useful or not)
MEGA MANECTRIC (I AM IN LOVE OKAY!? I AM IN LOOOOOOOOOOVE!!! I wonder if the limit is an overall limit or just for competitive?)
Gogoat/Aurorus/Espurr/Litleo/Florges (I wanna try this one out)/Dragalge/Carbink (typing, mostly)/Goodra/Klefki (Typing and awesomeness)/Trevenant (THE NAME REMINDS ME OF MY RP CHARACTER REVENANT AND OMG TREES)/Avalugg (why not it looks awesome)/Xerneas (DEER DEER DEER DEEEEEER SHINY DEER AND  NOT AN ANNOYING WEAK DEEER)- All of these pokemon are great I CANT CHOOOOOOOOOOOOSE

Naturally I'll be fully evolving them all. Maybe I could include previous gens.

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid

quack98

« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2013, 15:45 »
^Talonflame is awesome, I've used him in my team!

Offline Liam

• 1337 Donator
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2013, 19:29 »
So Goomy's final evo becomes so at lv55 in the rain not 70

lol sorry guys

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2013, 21:08 »
Final planned team (Maybe):

Delphox
Mega-Blaziken
Sylveon
Aeguslash
Goodra
Hawlucha

Offline Webby

• Don't come back up unless you're wearing a pussy moustache!
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2013, 11:34 »
Looks like I'll be making a Trick Room team this Gen! Mega Mawile apparently has 105 base attack, which is doubled by Huge Power... and its 50 base speed with a -speed nature could work. YAY FOR IRON HEAD OF DOOM. :3

... Swords Dance Mega Mawile
Pursuit and Sucker Punch

I think they gave everything to Mawile this Gen <333333
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 11:41 by Webby »

"i hope you get niall bursting out of a tower cake singing "happy birthday mr president" and he's wearing a "miss america 2013" sash while giving you a 3 hour lapdance"