Author Topic: The three line "How ya doin'" topic  (Read 98153 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
Re: The three line "How ya doin'" topic
« Reply #795 on: November 22, 2014, 00:46 »
I got AS today and bagged a ralts on try #3. The first 2 times, it appeared in the overworld and then left less than a second later, causing me to hilariously swear at my ds.

Still, I got a ralts. Too bad I wanted a male for gallade. Ah well, i'm happy nonetheless.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: November 22, 2014, 01:23 »
just as well i taught you how not to get ur ass handed to you by an angry owls fan then!

p.s. if i encounter you around the steel city then remind me to give u a wedgie and take you to t'market and THEN steal ur lunch money

But I don't even know you :'(

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: November 22, 2014, 07:11 »
But I don't even know you :'(

thats what makes it even better you wont even see me coming and BAM atomic wedgie out of nowhere, better pack ur stretchy fruit of the loom

"welcome to sheffield." ill whisper in ur ear as i slingshot you over the millenium gardens with ur own underwear elastic "enjoy ur stay."

im actually originally from the isle of wight unfortunetly so i can't really claim to be true yorkshire, but i fully renounce my southern fairyness for the glory of yorkshire //salutes the white rose//

no but for real the student nightlife is p decent and its a lovely place, its kind of Town Sized but still a city which is good cos its not overwhelming, and should you get really bored and lust for a big city then leeds ("""""the london of the north""""" apparently, tho i thought that was manchester) is but a train ride and a weekend hotel away
i dont know the specifics cos i didn't really do halls or Going Out due to being ~20something when i started and also having to hold down a P/T job and also living here before uni but anyway

valley centertainment and/or west street is night out w friends stuff, crookes/broomhill/ecclesall road are all p decent places during the daytime but it depends on which one of our two unis you'd be going to in order to assert ur turf (west street/crookes/broomhill is mainly Uni Of territory whereas ecclesall road is Hallam territory)

itt beth cant shut up about yon steel city
           

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: November 24, 2014, 10:19 »
so I've had £800 paid into my account and I don't know why? Unless the interest in my child's saving account was way bigger than I thought?

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #799 on: November 24, 2014, 15:36 »
lol i've lost my memory stick again somehow????
i lost it two weeks ago and found it lying on a desk in the computer room last monday but then i lost it on Thursday again sigh.
i backed up all of my stuff after losing it the first time though but just ugh what a pain, it was 32gb and not exactly cheap! its just so irritating.
my bus was late this morning and i have signs of a migraine what a wonderful day today has been :)

i found it finally!!!
it is now attached to my door keys
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 16:45 by Inferna »

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: November 24, 2014, 22:12 »
 Thinking about uni (I'm not going to Sheffield any more :'( ) and I realised that these interviews will be crazy and it's going to be difficult to get to them due to money so I've had to tweak one of them... since I didn't want to be studying at a college.

One asked for a science but sociology is a social science so oooooooooooh. Also, having to dominate in class just for that higher predicted grade is sucky.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: November 25, 2014, 02:17 »
I just used Shaymin Sky to hax someone to death. You have no idea how good that feels, especially since I had 3 heavily damaged pokemon left.

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: November 25, 2014, 05:55 »
white men can get away with anything inc murdering innocent teens lol

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: November 25, 2014, 07:03 »
anyone can if they try hard enough. Not the point you're making though.

Anyways. I'm pretty darn jealous of those with ORAS because the DexNav is too cool. And I have a lot of stuff to do today, yippee...

/startrant
Okay now that I'm thinking about that, is this one isolated case that suddenly demonstrates a white person can 'get away' with murder? Ask any white person tip murder someone and I can bet they won't get away with it. I would also assume that you want white men to not get away with it, but it could sure sound like 'black men should be able to get away with it too!'. Just wow though. I'm actually going to stop now because someone's going to roll on me and and say 'haha you're racist lulz'. One case does NOT mean every single white person alive can get away with it. That sort of belief / generalisation is just bs, really.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 07:26 by Spriter »

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
« Reply #804 on: November 25, 2014, 12:08 »
I know it's two days late but it's been a busy couple of days:

LEWIS HAMILTON IS WORLD CHAMPION!
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: November 25, 2014, 16:38 »
I'm gonna have a whine about homework just because I'm feeling a bit fed up.

I am shocked at how much we are supposed to be doing.  We have about 3 hours of it to do a night - which would be fine, only they also expect us to do 485793487 extra curricular activities.  So, if I get home at 16:00 on a Tuesday afternoon, do 2 hours of work and then have to go to a 3 hour rehearsal (not complaining about the rehearsals! I love them!), then come back at half nine to do another hour of work, do you know how much time that leaves me with that's not obliged to anybody else where I can take an hour or two and unwind?

None.

So you'll forgive me, teachers, if I only do an hour and a half of the work that's due for Wednesday, but you are going to have to choose between homework and expecting all your students to be bright and alert and bonny.  What's saddest is that I'm not even the only person in a situation like this and I don't think teachers are making any effort at all to understand that.  (On the upside, the PTA are taking notice of the fact that teachers are quite literally telling everybody that we're not working hard enough and we're not doing 18 hours of revision a week and will therefore not reach the predicted grades in our GCSEs and they're complaining).

PS  Maybe last year's students would have done a bit better in Science if you didn't keep trying to do triple science in double time and then you could stop scaremongering =]]]

thanks gl <3

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: November 25, 2014, 20:17 »
@Spriter and sylar, It was an African american teen shot by a Caucasian (trying to be nice here) officer. That's why it's so big, people are playing the racism card. Not saying you guys are. If it was AA shot AA or C shot C, no one would care. Possibly even if AA shot C (haven't seen this one yet, so don't quote me on this), no one would care, but if AA is the victim and it's C shooting, everyone's bandwagoning on racism, at least imo. That makes me sick.

Anywho, I got an Abra in AS. :D

Plus, I have 3 days off for american thanksgiving, but then I have homework as well. Oh well, I could have it worse.

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: November 25, 2014, 20:49 »
white men can get away with anything inc murdering innocent teens lol

Assuming this is about the Darren Wilson case, if so then this comment is completely stupid.

Firstly, the standard of proof for the conviction was lower than the usual standard of proof - requiring it to only have been probable that he was not acting in self defence rather than being beyond reasonable doubt. No evidence suggested he wasn't acting in self defence aside from edit: 4, not 2, eyewitnesses who had different stories, thus neither are reliable grounds on which to convict. Wilson's testimony was that the victim through him into the car and tried to steal his gun, which the autopsy report reveals is very possible. It is possible that he was not acting in self defence, but it's certainly not probable and definitely not beyond reasonable doubt, therefore under the legal procedure both the US and UK are used to, he should not have been found guilty. The last time two unreliable witness testimonies were used to convict, Sam Hallam was jailed for 7 years before the CCRC sent the case to review by the court of appeal where his conviction was quashed for being held in an unfair trial.

I do, however, think some guilt should have been found, but the fact remains that he was legally innocent under the US law, which allows for this kind of self defence. If anything, it is the law that is at fault for allowing murder as self defence, but saying "white men can get away with anything" is a completely ridiculous statement that should, quite frankly, stay on tumblr - this case has no proof of being racially motivated, and there's no proof he's broken the law.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 23:00 by SapphireRobin|Omeganium »
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: November 25, 2014, 21:02 »
@Spriter and sylar, It was an African american teen shot by a Caucasian (trying to be nice here) officer. That's why it's so big, people are playing the racism card. Not saying you guys are. If it was AA shot AA or C shot C, no one would care. Possibly even if AA shot C (haven't seen this one yet, so don't quote me on this), no one would care, but if AA is the victim and it's C shooting, everyone's bandwagoning on racism, at least imo. That makes me sick.

I kind of understood that straight away, actually. Why can't skin colour just not be factor in everything :')

What annoys me even more is that the riots that followed crippled some small businesses. They had NOTHING to do with the thing other than being near the place, and the list of businesses that are damaged is quite extensive, unbelievably. the rioters are making their ethnic minority look worse, as a good number were AA.

Silly comment aside, its saddening that he was murdered in that way. I must say, the witness statement of Wilson is pretty interesting to read up on. It's also saddening to know that people went violent about the verdict in spite of the family's wishes for a peaceful response.

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: November 25, 2014, 22:21 »
Oops forgot to put some of my work stuff in the wash so I won't be able to wear my jumper at least, gonna be cold =[