Author Topic: 6th Gen Pokemon of the Week  (Read 29851 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
Re: 6th Gen Pokemon of the Week
« Reply #270 on: October 26, 2014, 08:20 »
Well, I lied. We're doing another Mega Evolution this week. In honor of the Smash Bros. announcement, we'll be discussing Mewtwo!

Yeah, yeah, no Halloween theme, but what could really be scarier than a Mewtwo anyway?! Let me know what you think about Mewtwo below, as well as any childhood stories about catching him, traumatic movie experiences, or otherwise!
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 26, 2014, 08:40 »
Nothing will match the story and feeling of finding and catching Mewtwo

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 28, 2014, 20:26 »
Try having your fire red glitch to make it a shiny mewtwo on the first go (if it was possible, then luck) and you accidentally faint it.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 02, 2014, 11:33 »
Try having your fire red glitch to make it a shiny mewtwo on the first go (if it was possible, then luck) and you accidentally faint it.

I don't know of any glitch, so... I'm sincerely sorry. o_o;

Anyway! We've discussed Mewtwo, so I see it only fitting that this week we discuss Mew!

What do you think about Mew? What do you remember about the rumor mill of the late 90's and early 2000's? Did you ever attend one of the original Mew events, or have a friend that did? Maybe you Gamesharked Mew into your Red and Blue cart back then? Maybe you've even done the Whitecat glitch? I'd sincerely love to hear all of your memories and experiences with this truly special Pokemon, so let me know your thoughts!

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 02, 2014, 12:01 »
Ah, Mew.

I'll be honest, my very first meeting with this was on my Diamond game - pre-owned, so we all know that if a Lv99 Mew is on a pre-owned game, it's probably hacked.

However, I was into the trading side of things during the middle of Gen 5, and I eventually found myself in possession of two Mew. One was from the Emerald Map Event thing, and the other was a PALCITY Mew iirc. But yep, both are now with me in X and Y right now.

Offline Delicious_Scout

• Pokémon Breeder (For Petz, ask Petzbreeder ;3)
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Buttébutt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 02, 2014, 14:16 »
It has been a very long time.

Tyranitar actually has an easy time with its Mega if it gets rollin', because they will be hatin', and I find it more threatening than any other Tyranitar variant so far. And no, Weakness Policy is not a safe means of dealing damage.

Waifuvoir can be a male. Fortunately, RNG Abuse, Powersaves, and Pokémon Generators are a thing. Thanks to the sound-moves buff, now it has a chance of wallbreaking hard due to Hyper Voice and Pixilate. But I still wonder why its Attack has been buffed.

Mega Aerodactyl is excellent; its STAB moves are demolishing, it has enough Attack and Speed to act late game with ease and its imprived defences can come quite handy in a pinch.

Mewtwo is Mewtwo.

I du not understand why Mew has been Über for the first four Generations; I found it was justified in Generation I, but I do not grasp why it has been like that until Generation V, when it became a UU. Was it because of the nerf of Explosion? More offensive threats? Faster Taunts?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 14:25 by Delicious_Scout »
Click on that smexy Tyranaggronigroking to visit my our IV Shop. And possibly buy something.

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 02, 2014, 14:21 »
In response to Mew, I believe the reason is that it was harder to kill until that point. I do find it curious that Latias was OU for quite a long time in gen 4 before finally being banned, but Mew was never really considered for OU back then. Things could have been somewhat different for gen 4 if it had been allowed to play, but I don't think it would have had a major impact in any case, but I agree that it likely should have dropped or at least been tested for OU in gen 4.

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 02, 2014, 15:05 »
Ah, Mew.

I'll be honest, my very first meeting with this was on my Diamond game - pre-owned, so we all know that if a Lv99 Mew is on a pre-owned game, it's probably hacked.

However, I was into the trading side of things during the middle of Gen 5, and I eventually found myself in possession of two Mew. One was from the Emerald Map Event thing, and the other was a PALCITY Mew iirc. But yep, both are now with me in X and Y right now.

Lucky. :( When the HGSS Mystery Gift happened, my DS Lite was taken away from me and I will never get it back. I missed out on a lot of the Mystery Gift Pokemon in Gen 4 because of this and I actually had the Pikachu Colored Pichu and Draco Meteor Jirachi on my Platinum game too! Now I'll never get Jirachi, Shaymin, Darkrai, or Mew because they aren't given out often and usually if they are, it's Japan only. Yeah. I missed the Darkrai event in Gen 5 so I won't get it ever I suppose....
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 02, 2014, 15:57 »
I remember the RBY Mew glitch where if you fly away from a certain battle before he can reach you you can end up finding it 'wild' but I never once caught it.

Always been a Mewtwo fan any way though =P

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 03, 2014, 00:25 »
Great stuff as usual Rich. I remember the Mew I had on my PS team when we battled in that UU tourney last gen.

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 09, 2014, 07:15 »
Just a quick note guys, PotW will be up tomorrow, not today. I've had a crazy work schedule and I'm sincerely just too exhausted to finish the article tonight. I have something special planned for the coming issues, though!

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 09, 2014, 21:18 »
Good to know, thanks for the heads up.

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 10, 2014, 07:57 »
Thanks for being patient! Now, in honor of our last 2 weeks of X and Y before we receive OR/AS, we'll be discussing the mascot legendaries of X and Y. This week we discuss Xerneas!

How do you feel about Xerneas? Do you like the design? Do you think it needs more vowels in its name? Is Geomancy Xerneas the cause of your night terrors? Let me know!

Offline OpalRhea

• PUK's unofficial psycho writing steampunked Charizard
  • Sentret Fan
  • Credit goes to meta spriters. Shiny Chary is smexy
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 10, 2014, 09:43 »
Um... Something went wrong with the article. The most recent one listed is still Mew

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 10, 2014, 13:48 »
Whoops! I messed up, but it's fixed now! The article is up! Sorry about that, I really have been running on fumes the past few days! ^^;