Author Topic: OR/AS Speculation Thread  (Read 13406 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
Re: OR/AS Speculation Thread
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2014, 02:31 »
Pokemon following you again anyone?

Is there really any evidence to suggest this might be included? I mean, I'd like it...but I don't see it happening until Gen 7 at least.

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2014, 07:38 »
^Not 'evidence' at all, but a theory - They didn't include walking in the trailer thing, could that possibly be because walking would reveal something? Like following pokemon?

A little unlikely, but I guess it explains why the NowTV trailer was so... Meh.
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2014, 09:24 »
Well, I honestly thought they'd keep it in xy - wouldn't be TOO difficult to port the 3D models into the overworld, considering you can see Pokémon like Espurr, Furfrou, Litleo and that small bird I can't remember the name of outside in areas like the Daycare and in random places in Lumiose. Considering all the extra work that went into the overworld sprites in HGSS (unless they just ported in the ones from PMD), it wouldn't take much besides coding them to be the right size and all, would it? :S

Offline Hahex and Oshawott

• Number 500 of the PUK crew. Who started this anyway?
  • Joeno Fan
  • Holding on to what I haven't got.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2014, 19:16 »
Well, I honestly thought they'd keep it in xy - wouldn't be TOO difficult to port the 3D models into the overworld, considering you can see Pokémon like Espurr, Furfrou, Litleo and that small bird I can't remember the name of outside in areas like the Daycare and in random places in Lumiose. Considering all the extra work that went into the overworld sprites in HGSS (unless they just ported in the ones from PMD), it wouldn't take much besides coding them to be the right size and all, would it? :S
I'd wager that the overworld models of pokemon are as different from the ones in battle as the overworld sprites in older games and their in battle sprites. Maybe not coding, but modeling would be a pain.

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2014, 22:22 »
I'd wager that the overworld models of pokemon are as different from the ones in battle as the overworld sprites in older games and their in battle sprites. Maybe not coding, but modeling would be a pain.
I'd wager that they're the same. Why would they create two models for the few Pokémon who are viewed in the overworld? The only ones they DO show are "human" sized or smaller, meaning they wouldn't have to factor in size or anything much. The 3D models would be the same cause there are little differences, and if you go look at them in Lumiose and the Daycare, they're literally just the battle models

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2014, 23:53 »
I think it's definitely possible that the feature could happen. There's more than enough space on the 3DS carts and there are indeed a handful of overworld sprites already made (with pretty simple animations if you study them) but I personally just don't think we'll see it for a while. I always thought of it as a feature designed to encourage people to use the Pokewalker so there was some continuity between the game itself and the element of walking around with your Pokemon in the Pokewalker. The next Generation Pokemon game probably won't come out on a new console so I think they'll pull out all the stops and try and include as much from previous DS games before we eventually move on to new hardware.

Offline Ya-Yah

• I'm told I'm a
  • Mulholland Fan
  • Apparently aka YY now ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2014, 16:11 »
In regards to the whole pokemon-following you thing, I would love to see that again, although I agree that it probably would involve different models or coding and considering this is only the second set of main 3DS games I doubt it will happen. Maybe they could do something along the lines of Amity Square as a starting point though.

And I'm looking forward to the return of Pokemon Contests! The Hoenn ones were better than the Sinnoh super contests and the Gen 5 musical thing just seemed a bit pointless to me. I wanna make some pokeblocks too!  :laugh:

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2014, 11:29 »
Well, here's food for thought:

"A new trademark has been discovered as being registered by Nintendo, GameFreak and Creatures Inc. in Japan. This trademark is for デルタエメラルド Delta Emerald. In addition to this, in the US, at the same time as the Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire domains were registered, one was registered for Pokémon Delta Emerald. This trademark registration is not likely to be indicative of a game release, but rather covering bases in a similar manner to the registration of Pokémon Water Blue back in 2004 and numerous other Pokémon names over the past 10 years including Pokémon Grey."

Possible third remake, anyone?

(probably the wrong thread, but hey it counts as speculation)

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2014, 14:22 »
^ it'd be cool but i doubt it tbh. I don't see why (apart from money lol) it would be feasible to remake a remake!

i hope they re-introduce the following pokemon thing, although a small feature it was so cute. I liked getting the photographer to take pictures of your team and going through them to see how it had changed.

Another thing I hope they scrap is the feebas thing, I never caught a legit feebas back in the day it was far too tedious -_- maybe if they give you more than 6 tiles it might be slightly better!

« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 14:24 by Inferna »

Offline Ya-Yah

• I'm told I'm a
  • Mulholland Fan
  • Apparently aka YY now ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2014, 16:35 »
Another thing I hope they scrap is the feebas thing, I never caught a legit feebas back in the day it was far too tedious -_- maybe if they give you more than 6 tiles it might be slightly better!

Urgh I couldn't stand the feebas-only-on-6-tiles thing. I did manage to get one eventually but the amount of effort it took hardly seemed worth it.

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
  • ask your local askljdlaskjd
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2014, 17:47 »
Urgh I couldn't stand the feebas-only-on-6-tiles thing. I did manage to get one eventually but the amount of effort it took hardly seemed worth it.

Ugh, I know the feeling. I never found a feebas before gen 5... actually, I didn't know how easy it was to find them in gen 5 until my friend (who never played Pokemon before b2/w2) fished one up, which I was amazed at and was about to congratulate her, and then she hit 'run'.

There's a sort of sadistic part of me that wants the six tile thing to be in the new game just so she'll know what it's like, haha. But it's only a small part.
When it comes down to it, the difference between healing and necromancy is timing.

Offline Angelic Lapras King

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Angel Wings! Please Guide Me And The Lapras!
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery of Maddness
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2014, 13:45 »
Well who knows, the RPG series has become an annual entry series since either HGSS or Platinum. Maybe a 3rd version for both the current entries and remake might be their way of releasing another game every year till the 7th gen.

Then again, they did register "Sea Blue" back around FRLG, so it might just be saving the trademarks for themselves and whatnot....

"What did I say would happen if you got onto my back Oak?"

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2014, 14:30 »
I never even bothered finding feebas in Black and white or in gen 3. I went right for the milotic, it took a month.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2014, 23:20 »
 Awh man imagine if, depending on which version you get, Kyrogue or Groudon would occasionally drain riverbeds or flood paths.

Obviously it could be a massive hindrance but it would be neat to see how powerful they are. Actually, I think this happens during the story line? There's a cave and loads of magicarp are just flopping about because the river has been drained.

Offline Awkward Squirtle

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2014, 23:57 »
are you thinking of DPPt when Galactic blew up the lake?