Author Topic: RULES: Addition  (Read 5210 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Joeno

• WebMaster
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
  • "It's only love, what is everyone so scared of?"
    • View Profile
    • PKMN.NET
RULES: Addition
« on: April 04, 2009, 00:38 »
In the light of some recent discussions, the staff has agreed to amend the rules slightly to hopefully ease communication. The rule that has been added reads as follows:

21. Remember that the staff is human. Be kind enough to treat them as such, keeping in mind that they have emotions, feelings and might not always respond as robots. A little bit of generosity and attention to the work they are doing goes a long way in keeping the site fun for them as well as you. This doesn't require constant agreement, but does ask for a bit of courtesy and respect.

The rules are, as always, available at http://pkmn.net/rules/.
Peter <3<3<3<3

Pong And Beyond - Playing through 1001 video games before we die...

P-O-K-accent-E Balls!

Webby2

Re: RULES: Addition
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 00:48 »
A great rule to add, because that was a major point made in one of the topics. I'm sure that everyone will follow that and consider it when posting from now on.

Offline Mulholland

• Senior Staff Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • Poyo?
    • View Profile
    • Before I Kick
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 00:50 »
Amen to that.

Hope this is an end to it :)

Offline Dragonpika

• Call me Kay~
  • Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • blub!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 00:51 »
Woop, I've been trying to get this point across for a while =D nice one~

wake up, kids
    we've got the dreamers disease

Offline OpalRhea

• PUK's unofficial psycho writing steampunked Charizard
  • Sentret Fan
  • Credit goes to meta spriters. Shiny Chary is smexy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 00:58 »
I'm glad that was made into a rule. The admins need respect.

They look out for us when we need it. That's a great service on i's own. But with the amount of effort that goes into keeping this site fun and avalible to all..
Well I just wanna say thanks to all ofthe admins, and that I trust all of you with my online security...

So again, Thnk you Admins
OpalRhea.

Offline Riel Vortex

• Typhlosion Fan
  • I'm 1 of the 2 guardian of the Vortex Dimension
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2009, 07:43 »
Now the missing piece of the puzzle has been retrieved. Thanks for the new rules. I love it.

Regards,
Riel

Sarah, Keziah, Riel, Danna, Miel (project SKY)

Offline Liam

• 1337 Donator
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2009, 08:35 »
Great to know that you're going to get more respect now. You deserve it.

Offline Deoxys2

• Sentret Fan
  • In Arsène Wenger we trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2009, 08:40 »
Nice one there. Lets hope you get all the respect you guys deserve.

Offline Enigma

• Here to train for the Kanto League 8]
  • Elite Four Member
  • Joeno Fan
  • Back for a bit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2009, 10:49 »
Any chance of a rule 22:

22. Remember that the community consists of human people. Regardless of how 'small minded' some people of the community can be, they are just that - the community, and no amount of admittedly fantastic coding (for which we all give thanks, yadda yadda) can hide the fact that without the community (and yes, that does include the 4chan followers,) there would be no point in any of this.

Remember that they have feelings too and are not all robots who are going to look past insults coming from those in power. This doesn't require constant pandering to their needs, but does ask for a bit of courtesy and respect for those who actually make up the forum.

Yes, this was tongue in cheek.

If I hadn't seen the whole April Fool's Topic, I would have thought this was a fantastic addition to the rules, safeguarding abuse aimed at the mods and admins.

However, having contributed to the topic, I now see that it's just a way of ensuring that the members understand it's either "you either agree with us, or you break the rules." The part about "constant agreement" is all very well and good, but I've never seen it put into practice. If you don't agree, then you've made an enemy of the staff.

Offline Latias Tamer

• WOCNWORBWONWO
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2009, 11:05 »
Yeah, good rule to add. Maybe people will stop expect too much from the admins in everything they do. As long as the admins don't use it as an excuse to always be right, things will be fine. ^^
Yes.

Offline Dragonpika

• Call me Kay~
  • Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • blub!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2009, 12:13 »
^ There is a reason that Rule 1 was changed from "The admins and mods are always right" to "The admins and mods make the final decisions".

We don't expect everyone to always agree with us - we just ask that, if they disagree with us, they tell us so without biting our heads of.

And Tim, whether or not that has happened in the past, we're going to make more of an effort to do so in the future. After all, it's only just become a rule set in stone.

wake up, kids
    we've got the dreamers disease

Offline TSOL

• Doctor
  • Joeno Fan
  • ''wwhatevver!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2009, 12:37 »
I firmly agree with this new rule. In light of recent events, this is probably the best way to make sure the situation never happens again.
Hey baby, give it a try
I can find an answer if you wanna know why
I know I'm a nerd but give another play to the song

Offline Joeno

• WebMaster
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
  • "It's only love, what is everyone so scared of?"
    • View Profile
    • PKMN.NET
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2009, 14:00 »
If I hadn't seen the whole April Fool's Topic,

In agreement with a number of other active participants in that topic, it was agreed that this matter would be dropped. I am going to publically state this here and now, and will ask that everyone stays on the same level.

I am not interested in opening this debate again, but if others feel they need to continue the debate, I am not interested in letting everything being thrown at me again. I'd appreciate some clarity in this regard, as I was under the impression both sides felt this was over now.
Peter <3<3<3<3

Pong And Beyond - Playing through 1001 video games before we die...

P-O-K-accent-E Balls!

Offline Enigma

• Here to train for the Kanto League 8]
  • Elite Four Member
  • Joeno Fan
  • Back for a bit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2009, 14:10 »
Just to make it clear, there weren't two seperate war rooms, you saying one thing, with us plotting and planning against you. I have made no comments in collaboration with other people, so you can forgive me for not realising that 'everyone' felt it was 'over.'

And sure, I'll drop it. Nice addition to the rules. I had always assumed people followed this rule anyway...though I do understand that the staff can be exempt from some rules:

From Rule 2:

That includes that people should be able to participate without the fear of being insulted needlessly.

I love the inference that there can be sometimes be a 'need' to insult people. xD

But yeah, okay, I'll drop it. Not to comply might be in direct conflict with the new Rule 21, so :x

~

Offline Ledyba

• Judge, Jury, and Executioner | <3 Kelly!!
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2009, 14:26 »
I'd like everyone to understand this rule wasn't pulled from the thin air, it was after days of debates at varied heat, of questions on the site's policy and how to apply this, that we considered this and then agreed to set a new approach in how the staff are treated.

I'd like everyone to recall the wording of the rule, 'staff' this isn't for the protection of one, but for the entire staff.  While sometimes attacks against me did ruffle my feathers to speak, it didn't effect me as much as it would do others, perhaps because my time invested wasn't as great as others or my own tolerance, other people take needless attacks that coat criticism when itself on its own is sufficient enough more personally.

We're not disencrouging criticism.

We're not asking you to build statues of us in your back garden.

We are not asking you reffer to us as sir, ma'am, or boss.

We are not asking you to pussyfoot around.

We are asking you to consider and then acted like you have, that behind the code, the content, the moderation, the help you receive is a human being who does this on a voluntary bases.  Sure they are enjoying it, but once it ceases to  become enjoyable, what reason do they have to keep doing it?

We just want courtesy.

The admins are people who invite you to their playground, but ask you to keep some respect to the facilities that you enjoy.

22. Remember that the community consists of human people.

The staff would be doing very badly if they forget this, they'd be repealing people away from their own site. :P

We have worked hard to resolve the conflicts and as they say its best to move on.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 17:11 by Ledyba »