Poll

Who do you think is the best doctor who of all time?

William Hartnell
2 (2.6%)
Patrick Troughton
1 (1.3%)
Jon Pertwee
1 (1.3%)
Tom Baker
4 (5.2%)
Peter Davison
0 (0%)
Colin Baker
1 (1.3%)
Sylvester McCoy
2 (2.6%)
Paul McGann
2 (2.6%)
Christopher Eccleston
15 (19.5%)
David Tennant
32 (41.6%)
Matt Smith
17 (22.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 280264 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Sir Eggs and Toast

• I can be your fanboy too!
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • m00@j00t00
    • View Profile
Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #330 on: June 25, 2007, 23:14 »
The word is Grits, and it's not a drink.... I don't know what it is though....

It does bad things, it's your basic doomsday device sort of thing.

Meh..  I wish we got the episodes here... I feel like I'm missing out.  I'm going to watch Episode 1 of Season 2 tonight, tho.  Finally got the first disc.

And grits is a hot cereal, quite popular in the southern part of the US.  I've never had them, though.

As for people who like to stereotype Americans.  You couldn't be further from the truth when you do.  Not everyone is the same.  Good thing I don't attach negatives to people because of where they are born.  You can't really help your place of birth, any more than you can help the color of your skin.  Stop being so judgmental.  Open your mind and realize the endless possibilities instead of living in a fishbowl.  Hating me because I'm an American is unfair and immature.  Grow up.
<Joeno> Moo I say
<Chani> indeed.. mooo
<Chani> o.O

I be #116 - Horsea in the PUK crew.

Offline Winston Payne

• A Real Nowhere Man
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • There I will go.
    • View Profile
    • Covered Wars, Allegedly.
« Reply #331 on: June 26, 2007, 15:50 »
Okay people, lets get away from this frenetic stereotyping and back to the matter at hand... Doctor Who!

John Simm is awesome as the Master. I love his insanity and franticness. I mean, he's so different from his role as Sam Tyler from Life on Mars!
He comes out with even better one liners than the Doctor!
"And the good thing is, he’s not dead for long. I get to kill him again!"
 Got to love the Voodoo Child part. It's so random and funny.

One thing though... Has he hypnotised his wife? she looks a bit... comatose.

Offline LAClennell

• Playstation Network and Xbox Live gamer
  • Joeno Fan
  • Mirage of Deceit
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 26, 2007, 18:59 »
What does comatose mean?
I only use original Pokéballs to catch Pokémon, nothing else. This is the sign of a true Pokémon Expert

Offline Sebastian Moran

• ᕦ(ಠ益ಠ)ᕤ Tries too hard
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Fan
  • the pride of roast britain
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 26, 2007, 19:03 »
What does comatose mean?

... like a coma... well, not really. It just means... lacking energy... as though brainwashed... glazed over... unable to respond... that sort of thing o.o 
Methinks. 

be humble,
for you are
made of earth.

be noble,
for you are
made of stars.

Offline Latias Tamer

• WOCNWORBWONWO
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 26, 2007, 19:15 »
Meh..  I wish we got the episodes here... I feel like I'm missing out. 
Chani, check out youtube. They sometimes have the whole episodes on there.
Yes.

Offline Winston Payne

• A Real Nowhere Man
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • There I will go.
    • View Profile
    • Covered Wars, Allegedly.
« Reply #335 on: June 26, 2007, 20:17 »
What does comatose mean?

Comatose- In the context I'm using is describing how she looks very lulled... unreal...sort of as if someone was in a coma but awake and suffering from the drowsy effects of it.

So yeah, Mr. Saxon Rocks out loud.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 20:25 by Colonel Olrik »

Offline Deathmore

• Must reach 1 post a day rate
  • Joeno Fan
  • Volkner-The 4th Hokage?
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 26, 2007, 20:54 »
BBC haven't put end of series teasers like in series 1 and 2

Offline Enigma

• Here to train for the Kanto League 8]
  • Elite Four Member
  • Joeno Fan
  • Back for a bit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 27, 2007, 08:18 »
BBC haven't put end of series teasers like in series 1 and 2

They haven't? How do you know?

And I was actually a little dissapointed with the Master episode.

Don't get me wrong, John Simm is a truly excellent Master; on par with David Tennant in regards to his acting abilities. However, there was a sense of unoriginality about the whole thing. Like they took a load of already existing ideas both from Dr. Who and from other places, and shoved them into an episode.

For example: The "heart of time" idea is pretty cool, sending the Master mad and all that, but the thing is that the heart of time itself just looked like a smaller Stargate thing.

The people surrounding the stargate rip off looked like those awful costumes you see in the first generation of star trek, and it looked more satirical rather than impressive.

The shot of Gallifray was...disheartening. I mean, I always had this idea that the Time Lords didn't actually have a physical being and that they merely took on the form of whatever random species their regeneration chose for them. Having seen this stereo-typical sci fi city-in-a-bubble, I was pretty pissed off. I mean, come on, you've just ruined a load of hardcore fan's idea of what the Time Lord Planet looked like. That's basic in film making. Don't show more than you can actually afford to show.

Oh, and the whole drum thing was pretty cool. I loved that, but there is a little bit of an echo with the Cybermen, no? What with the earpieces just being replaced by a drumminess. Still, it is catchy. :P

And, like the Doctor turning into a human arc, I hope the second episode redeems the first. The one liners, though, were still as excellent as ever.

Offline LB

• Norwegian Wood
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • Tournée du Chat Noir
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 27, 2007, 10:03 »
The shot of Gallifray was...disheartening. I mean, I always had this idea that the Time Lords didn't actually have a physical being and that they merely took on the form of whatever random species their regeneration chose for them. Having seen this stereo-typical sci fi city-in-a-bubble, I was pretty p***ed off. I mean, come on, you've just ruined a load of hardcore fan's idea of what the Time Lord Planet looked like. That's basic in film making. Don't show more than you can actually afford to show.

But, we've already seen many timelords and lots of bits of Gallifrey in the Classic Series.
"It occurred to me that this was what you might get if Walt Disney did an animated version of a Munch painting."

"It seemed to me that the longest imaginable distance separated irregular German verb forms from this kitchen table."

Offline Latias Tamer

• WOCNWORBWONWO
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 27, 2007, 16:00 »
The website has been updated, although there's nothing new really...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/
Yes.

Offline Deathmore

• Must reach 1 post a day rate
  • Joeno Fan
  • Volkner-The 4th Hokage?
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 27, 2007, 17:35 »
They haven't? How do you know?
it's not on the site, that's so obvious. no count down

pokeguru V2

« Reply #341 on: June 27, 2007, 17:49 »
What would Martha do? (I'm a big fan of Doctor who!) The Time Lords costumes was used in the classic series.

The drumming.... The endless drumming..... I couldn't stop myself from tapping the computer desk when I'm typing this!
VOODO CHILD!
Sing with me People!

"Here comes the Drums, Here comes the drums,"

Offline The Penguin Vampire

• Hello there :)
  • Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
    • My facebook, thats if you wish to know me more
« Reply #342 on: June 27, 2007, 19:21 »
surprising how nobody commented about the paradox machine (not that i saw anyway) because if i am correct it is meant to  be connected to a parallel universe most probally parale earth or the void
"If too live, we have to be numb, I'd rather know the pain, I'd rather know"
"We are made Imperfect and we must guard against our flaws lest they destroy us"

Offline LB

• Norwegian Wood
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • Tournée du Chat Noir
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 28, 2007, 00:22 »
surprising how nobody commented about the paradox machine (not that i saw anyway) because if i am correct it is meant to  be connected to a parallel universe most probally parale earth or the void

What makes you say that?
"It occurred to me that this was what you might get if Walt Disney did an animated version of a Munch painting."

"It seemed to me that the longest imaginable distance separated irregular German verb forms from this kitchen table."

pokeguru V2

« Reply #344 on: June 28, 2007, 09:41 »
You know when Rose saved her Dad? that was a paradox. The Reapers appeared and started to eat everything in the whole universe! (I thought that's was going to happen when the paradox thing got turned on.) It was very interesting with the way people reacted with the those drones when they went into their homes... (dumb president! He should have let The Master talk to them.)