Poll

Who do you think is the best doctor who of all time?

William Hartnell
2 (2.6%)
Patrick Troughton
1 (1.3%)
Jon Pertwee
1 (1.3%)
Tom Baker
4 (5.2%)
Peter Davison
0 (0%)
Colin Baker
1 (1.3%)
Sylvester McCoy
2 (2.6%)
Paul McGann
2 (2.6%)
Christopher Eccleston
15 (19.5%)
David Tennant
32 (41.6%)
Matt Smith
17 (22.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 279433 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Clennell4Life

• YU-GI-OH! Trainee, Big Panda Lover
  • Rex Fan
  • I love Pandas!
    • View Profile
    • My Bebo Homepage
Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #345 on: June 28, 2007, 14:58 »
I am a big fan of doctor who it is getting very exciting at the moment i cant stop watching it lol i cant wait until the cartoon version comes out on bbc two that will be wicked to watch does any one know if this is the last episode of doctor who this Saturday or is it going to becoming back later on in the year? please let me know Doctor Who fans thanks xx
I love LAClennell 4Life :D

Offline Turtlejosh

• Yay Turtles!
  • Joeno Fan
  • I don't care if it's a tortoise, it's still mine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 28, 2007, 16:53 »
I just thought, you know how the toclafane were saying about the oncoming storm and the darkness, isn't the Doctor described as those things by the daleks?

Offline The Librarian

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 28, 2007, 16:59 »
Hes described as the Oncoming Storm in The Parting of Ways. But not the darkness. In some spin-offs however he is called the Ka Faraq, which apparently means Bringer of Darkness or Destroyer of Worlds, in Dalek language.
"SOME PEOPLE WILL DO ANYTHING FOR THE SHEER FASCINATION OF DOING IT, said Death. OR FOR FAME. OR BECAUSE THEY SHOULDN'T."

Offline Enigma

• Here to train for the Kanto League 8]
  • Elite Four Member
  • Joeno Fan
  • Back for a bit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 28, 2007, 18:17 »
I am a big fan of doctor who it is getting very exciting at the moment i cant stop watching it lol i cant wait until the cartoon version comes out on bbc two that will be wicked to watch does any one know if this is the last episode of doctor who this Saturday or is it going to becoming back later on in the year? please let me know Doctor Who fans thanks xx

The cartoon version looks awful, and I doubt it will be taken as real canonicity within the programme, or at least, that's what I'm hoping...:P

As for the odd time lord's dress, I wasn't around when they were on television (or if I was, I was exceedingly young) and take back that part (same with the Gallifrey comment) but I'm still...annoyed with it. :P

Oh, and there's this whole thing at my school saying that the Toclaphane are the Daleks or something. I think not. Why would the Master be in an alliance with the Daleks? o.o

Anyway, roll on Saturday...

Offline FaFniR

• Sentret Fan
  • You maybe got lucky for a few good years
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 28, 2007, 20:01 »
The cartoon version looks awful, and I doubt it will be taken as real canonicity within the programme, or at least, that's what I'm hoping...:P

If you're referring to "Invasion" and the like, well, they are canon. They're cartoons dubbed over by the original voices of the old episodes. The reason they're doing this is because, if I remember correctly, the video footage was ruined or broken, but the sound was still intact.

"Footloose and fancy-free, we set off among the adventure towns, seeking the next place, rather than our fortunes."

Role Play Riffs

LOL JOHTO REMAKE

Offline The Librarian

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 28, 2007, 20:12 »
He may have been refering to The Infinite Quest. That cartoon thing that is being broadcast on Totaly Doctor Who. Its not been stated if it is part of the main Doctor Who continuity or not.
"SOME PEOPLE WILL DO ANYTHING FOR THE SHEER FASCINATION OF DOING IT, said Death. OR FOR FAME. OR BECAUSE THEY SHOULDN'T."

Offline Latias Tamer

• WOCNWORBWONWO
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 28, 2007, 20:31 »
I doubt theToclaphane are types of Dalek. The master is a Time Lord, and as we know, they are sworn enemies. The master would want to form an allience with them.

As we know the whole Dalek race has been destroyed, but one. My guess is the Daleks from the time war were split...

One half trapped by the Time Lords in the Genesis Ark, and the other half hidden in space by the Emporer, finally destroyed by Rose. Then there was the Cult of Skaro who located the Ark, now gone but 1.
Yes.

Offline The Penguin Vampire

• Hello there :)
  • Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
    • My facebook, thats if you wish to know me more
« Reply #352 on: June 28, 2007, 21:31 »
What makes you say that?
i read it somewhere (cant remember where) and more importantly it was on an episode of futurama  (the episode could of been named something to do with paradoxs but not necessarily) and in the episodes i think the professor said that a paradox is an alternate universe  as they kept going from one universe to another parrale one
"If too live, we have to be numb, I'd rather know the pain, I'd rather know"
"We are made Imperfect and we must guard against our flaws lest they destroy us"

Offline LB

• Norwegian Wood
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • TournĂ©e du Chat Noir
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 28, 2007, 23:13 »
i read it somewhere (cant remember where) and more importantly it was on an episode of futurama  (the episode could of been named something to do with paradoxs but not necessarily) and in the episodes i think the professor said that a paradox is an alternate universe  as they kept going from one universe to another parrale one

Well, Futurama was incorrect. A paradox is simply a statement or situation which cannot possibly be the case because of two opposing states of affairs - for example the statement "I am lying" is a paradox. Nothing necessarily to do with alternate universes.
"It occurred to me that this was what you might get if Walt Disney did an animated version of a Munch painting."

"It seemed to me that the longest imaginable distance separated irregular German verb forms from this kitchen table."

Offline Xagor

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 29, 2007, 16:05 »
Wasn't there quite a lot of mention of the coming darkness in Torchwood?
3DS Friend Code:1676 3937 3524
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
http://tcgshiyo.wordpress.com/

Offline Angelic Lapras King

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Angel Wings! Please Guide Me And The Lapras!
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery of Maddness
« Reply #355 on: June 29, 2007, 16:06 »
Place your bets now! What do you think will happen to the Master? Will he:

A) Get defeated and get captured/destroyed by the Doctor
B) Get defeated and escape for a future episode.

"What did I say would happen if you got onto my back Oak?"

Offline FaFniR

• Sentret Fan
  • You maybe got lucky for a few good years
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 29, 2007, 16:11 »

Oh yes, B please. If RTD kills him off, I'll be... annoyed. Quite a lot. Yes.

"Footloose and fancy-free, we set off among the adventure towns, seeking the next place, rather than our fortunes."

Role Play Riffs

LOL JOHTO REMAKE

Offline .Wolfie-kun.

• A dark warrior with an even darker past....
  • Joeno Fan
  • Forever trapped in eternal darkness...
    • View Profile
    • My FF forum - Frantic Fantasy
« Reply #357 on: June 29, 2007, 16:15 »
Place your bets now! What do you think will happen to the Master? Will he:

A) Get defeated and get captured/destroyed by the Doctor

How about:
C) Get defeated and get captured but escapes in a future episode

Credit to Jessu for the awesome Lugia pic <3

"And I can't love you, anymore than I do.
People die, but real love is forever."

Xbox Gamertag: HJ Blaze

Offline The Penguin Vampire

• Hello there :)
  • Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
    • My facebook, thats if you wish to know me more
« Reply #358 on: June 29, 2007, 17:01 »
Well right now (5:00-5:30) on BBC2 is total doctor who which has some infomation on tomorrows episode

Well, Futurama was incorrect. A paradox is simply a statement or situation which cannot possibly be the case because of two opposing states of affairs - for example the statement "I am lying" is a paradox. Nothing necessarily to do with alternate universes.
Ok i'm wrong but then that means does the cannibalized tardis has the power to break the laws of time and space then
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 17:11 by The Penguin Master »
"If too live, we have to be numb, I'd rather know the pain, I'd rather know"
"We are made Imperfect and we must guard against our flaws lest they destroy us"

pokeguru V2

« Reply #359 on: June 29, 2007, 17:36 »
How about:
C) Get defeated and get captured but escapes in a future episode

C. defendtly.

Hang about. What if Martha uses the key to hide then would the Toclaphane be able to see her??? or not????

My Dad was wathing it and he wanted to know what the word  Toclaphane is when it's typed backwords like this ==>darwkacb

So here we go! (i didn't know what it was before this post.)
Enahpalcot.
^^^^^^
What? did it make sence? what's it mean????

That's ends for Pokeguru V2 Interesting/Useless Things to Know post!