Author Topic: My Top 5 Hopes for Pokemon X and Y  (Read 2008 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Meowstic Royalty

• Cats.
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • WARNING: DORK
    • View Profile
My Top 5 Hopes for Pokemon X and Y
« on: July 30, 2013, 12:55 »
Pokemon X and Y is only a couple of months away, and so far, it seems to be really bringing in features that fans have requested for a long time. There are probably more they haven't releases information about yet, and every fan has their wants. Here are my top 5 hopes for the next generation.

5: Something OTHER than another fire/fighting type starter. I mean, seriously, the Fire/Fighting combo was something new and original when it was introduced with Blaziken. Infernape was bought in afterwards, okay. Two in a row, that isn't so bad. Then Emboar is bought in... I'm all in favor of Emboar, of course, but having three fire/fighting starters is getting old now...

4: Evolutions for past generation Pokemon
Generation four took a huge risk. About thirty of the new Pokemon were introduced to be in the same evolution line as past Pokemon. I hope is Gen 6 we get a few more of those. A couple of examples are Sharpedo and Scizor. I just hope we don't get more fiascoes like Lickilicky...

3: The return of Pokemon that walk behind you.
In an earlier generation, Pokemon that were at the front of your party walked behind you in the field. I would like to see this return, because, well, who doesn't want a Giratina, Arceus or Kyurem walking behind them, making the trainer look like a God?

2: A non-noob option.
An option that can be changed in the menu for the more exprrienced players who have played before. With this, they can skip tutorials and no longer have Nurse Joy going through tons of dialogue just to heal your Pokemon, as you get so impatient you just mash the A button and accidentally heal them again.

1: More than one save file.
Many have wanted this from generation one... If you want to start a new game, you have to delete all of your progress and Pokemon so far. More than one save file would be you could have one file for battling your friends with all of the strong Pokemon and legendaries in, then you could have another file for something like Nuzlocke challenges.

Thanks for reading, let's hope these new features make their debut in the next generation.

Needs more Gengar

quack98

Re: My Top 5 Hopes for Pokemon X and Y
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 13:11 »
I hope all of these happen as well; although I don't think  1&3 will. In gameplay trailers, we haven't seen any 'mon walk behind, and more than one save file seems unlikely, as the games is (probably) going to be bigger in file size rather than smaller.

I think what I really want is more new type combinations, and they've been doing that well so far (I love the Psychic/Dark squid thing).

I'd love some evolutions as well, but mainly for Hoenn mon. Castform could do with a boost.

And the thing I want most: Hyper beam (and others like it) to go back to if they faint you don't recharge rules. Mainly because Richard and I realised how broken Porygon-Z would be with it ;D

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 13:18 »
Scizor really doesn't need an evolution, from a competitive standpoint, and they've confirmed that multiple save files are a thing that will more than likely never happen. I think they'd have showcased Pokemon following you by now if it were to happen, unfortunately.

As for me, I'd like:

-Fairy is resistant/immune to Dragon. Seriously. Being SE is not enough to balance the metagame.

-Many new type combinations, and it seems that so far, they have been listening to fan suggestions, revealing Ghost/Steel and Psychic/Dark so far.

-LOTS of Trainer customization. Like, tons of it. Maybe even added DLC later. I cannot understate how much I want this to be integrated.

-Easier IV, Nature and ability breeding. I shouldn't have to marry my 3DS to get a goddamn competitive Vaporeon.

-Possibly most importantly... make several Pokemon with an ability that completely clears weather off the field. We need like 8 of them, of varying types and stat layouts, that completely clear weather off the field. As of now, removing weather means using another weather move and waiting 5 turns for the skies to clear. I'm so damn sick of every battle being Rain or Sand, with the occasional Sun. Game Freak, for the love of God, if nothing else on this list is approved, MAKE AN ABILITY THAT CLEARS WEATHER.

Edit: Sniped. Hyper Beam being broken again would not be in the best interest of the metagame, so we should really be happy that it'll never be broken again.
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 14:15 »
5. More odd type combos, maybe like Electric/Fighting or Bug/Ice, maybe even Fighting/Flying.

4. Fairy to balance the metagame out with a resistance/immunity to dragons

3. Evolutions for pokemon that need them, like luvdisc, or carnivine

2. The return of the contests and/or game corner. (Game corner isn't gonna happen.)

1. Say it with me... NO fire/fighting starter final evo!
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

quack98

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 14:24 »
(Game corner isn't gonna happen.)

It's not solid evidence, but the age rating has gone up to PEGI 7, possibly because gambling is in, aka the game corner.

As for fairy being immune to dragon, I wouldn't want that, but resisting is fine. Dragons are supposed to be brilliant!

Offline Meowstic Royalty

• Cats.
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • WARNING: DORK
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 14:25 »
One thing massively wrong with the new fairy type though... Jigglypuff will soon become a fairy type, so Jigglypuff, the balloon Pokemon, will be the Dragon Slayer...

Needs more Gengar

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2013, 14:28 »
Yeah, can you imagine a big bad salamence afraid of the tiny balloon called jigglypuff.

Offline Joeno

• WebMaster
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
  • "It's only love, what is everyone so scared of?"
    • View Profile
    • PKMN.NET
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2013, 14:43 »
It's not solid evidence, but the age rating has gone up to PEGI 7, possibly because gambling is in, aka the game corner.

PEGI 7 just means some scarier scenes that might scare the really young ones - gambling is a separate classification that has not shown up with the game as far as I know.

Besides, all the Game Corner was were some tedious minigames I always bypassed by just buying the coins anyway, its removal just saves time.
Peter <3<3<3<3

Pong And Beyond - Playing through 1001 video games before we die...

P-O-K-accent-E Balls!

quack98

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2013, 14:46 »
Gambling wasn't in Gen V because the EU demanded classifications were changed, Nintendo/GF decided they wanted PEGI 3 over the game corner, so got rid of it in HGSS/Gen V. However, you may be right in that gen VI is just PEGI 7 based on scarier scenes, but if its already PEGI 7, they might include the game corner.

Actually, I never used it either, well, once I'd got the Porygon anyway ;D

Edit: also, I forgot, they would have to put the gambling symbol on, which might stop them...
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 14:49 by Робин »

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2013, 14:47 »
I'd use it if i was bored

Offline Joeno

• WebMaster
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
  • "It's only love, what is everyone so scared of?"
    • View Profile
    • PKMN.NET
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2013, 15:28 »
Games rated PEG-7 do not allow gambling.
Peter <3<3<3<3

Pong And Beyond - Playing through 1001 video games before we die...

P-O-K-accent-E Balls!

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2013, 15:29 »
Rumor has it that the water starter will be part fighting and the fire starter will be part psychic

Pretty reputable source too, he's been right about most other leaks
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2013, 15:42 »
Thanks for the info, Raven.

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2013, 15:47 »
Pokemon won't follow you (though there are a few riding parts) and there isn't more than one save file, I'm pretty sure there isn't a difficulty setting either.

I do hope we will see some evos though. We got Sylveon I guess but I'd definitely like to see more.

My number one wish at this point is another Porygon/Porygon2 evo. I always thought the dubious disk was supposed to be like a pirate program or a virus or something IE: Not official. It'd be nice if there was an official upgrade that somehow tied-in 3D and it's red/blue colour scheme.

I also hope the map is huge this time, bigger than any region we've seen before. I always need the ability to really explore, a small linear map is not what I want at all.

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2013, 18:20 »
Rumor has it that the water starter will be part fighting and the fire starter will be part psychic

Pretty reputable source too, he's been right about most other leaks

This leaker has reported a ton of stuff too, and so far he's right. Fennekin learns Psychic apparently, so it looks set to be Fire/Psychic.

All I want, in my opinion, is no more free shinies! They devalued some awesome ones in BW2.