Author Topic: Football/Soccer 2012/2013 Season Thread  (Read 32758 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Laprabi

• hehehehehehehe
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Football/Soccer 2012/2013 Season Thread
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2012, 21:10 »
Seems like Green and Ivan Ramis both had terrible first games. What do they both have in common? West Ham. Green left because he wanted more money and Ivan abandoned us for Wigan. They'll have fun in the Championship next season won't they. :)

But yeah, West Ham supporter here and even thogh the game was a bit meh, at least we opened the season with a win. And Liverpool lost, which is funny.
hahahahahahaha

OVOxo

« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2012, 21:12 »
Ivan abandoned us for Wigan.

From what I can gather, you abandoned Ivan Ramis for James Collins.

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2012, 22:15 »
I heard James McCarthy clattered Hazard in a way that said "Welcome to English football"
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel

Offline K.I.O.S

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2012, 23:12 »
^It was Gary Caldwell he got booked for it, still didn't stop Hazard from diving though new Ashley Young? In all honesty I'm happy with a 2-0 loss to the European Champions we pretty much dominated the whole match, just couldn't find the net, but if Arona Kone starts against Southampton I reckon he'll do some damage.
Follow our Wayward Journey here!

OVOxo

« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2012, 23:15 »
still didn't stop Hazard from diving though new Ashley Young?

Hazard didn't dive to win a penalty. Ashley Young does. Therefore, different leagues in the Tom Daley Division. Can't say on the rest of the match but there were quite a few fouls on Hazard where he was taken down blatantly.

Offline f3raligatr

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2012, 23:33 »
Hazard went for the penalty, but there was definite contact as opposed to Ashley Young's famous two. Unfortunately for the defender, he'd already committed himself and, whilst not in a directly threatening position, fouled inside the box. Penalty, whether you think it's deserving or not. Anywhere else on the pitch and you'd have just shrugged it off as a foul. I don't get why people treat the penalty area as demanding a higher/harder 'price' for a foul than anywhere else on the pitch.

/2cents

09-07-2013 & 12-08-2013
beyond the suffering you've known
i hope you find your way
may you never be broken again

OVOxo

« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2012, 23:49 »
I don't get why people treat the penalty area as demanding a higher/harder 'price' for a foul than anywhere else on the pitch.

This. Hazard's penalty reminds me of the fouls that kept on happening to Ben Arfa for us yesterday. All fouls no matter where they were.

EDIT: If only this was the FIFA cover...

There's a rumour going around that this is the proper UK cover; Messi and St. James Park have already been confirmed and the Ox was rumoured to be on the UK cover for some time.

EDIT: lol
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 18:36 by Gurren Lagann »

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2012, 23:42 »
^ EA confirmed this was the cover today, in a live stream plus live stream interview with Ox and Hart. Can't wait now.

And apparently Arsene Wenger has just been arrested by Greater Manchester Police, for allegedly conning £24m from a pensioner in Stretford.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 23:46 by Milsap »
[Three Word Rule]

OVOxo

« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2012, 23:44 »
Apparently Alex Ferguson has phoned the Police tonight. He claims that he's been the victim of a Fellaini

=]

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2012, 23:46 »
That's a good one ^_^
[Three Word Rule]

Offline K.I.O.S

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2012, 00:15 »
Hazard didn't dive to win a penalty. Ashley Young does. Therefore, different leagues in the Tom Daley Division. Can't say on the rest of the match but there were quite a few fouls on Hazard where he was taken down blatantly.
+

I never said he dived to win the penalty it was a blatant penalty that i'll agree with, but some of the fouls on him he went down way to easily. I'm not sure McCarthy I think it was got tackled and lost his footing and accidently caught Hazard in the face, Hazard then dived to the floor holding the opposite side.
Follow our Wayward Journey here!

OVOxo

« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2012, 00:27 »
I never said he dived to win the penalty it was a blatant penalty that i'll agree with, but some of the fouls on him he went down way to easily. I'm not sure McCarthy I think it was got tackled and lost his footing and accidently caught Hazard in the face, Hazard then dived to the floor holding the opposite side.

Ah, well in that case, that's modern football for you. Most players do it. Only the slightest bit of contact leads to a free kick because of momentums and players knowing that going down will most likely win them free kicks. Last season Jonas Guiterrez was fouled the most in the Premier League but he goes down very easily (I wouldn't say he dives but he does react to contact more than most in our team). It's just the way it is.

Statistics like this are really interesting btw. Who'd have thought that Moussa Dembele would have the second most tackles made in the Premier League last season! (Behind Yohan Cabaye who I think also had joint top interceptions too. Yohan Cabaye <3)

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2012, 01:17 »
Another reason why Balotelli is the most entertaining sportsman in the world today

Enjoy =]

Ah, Balotelli =].

I showed the missus this and it was like the beginning of a TV documentary:

"This week, Mario steals the lens off the City photographer..."

Well, as football fans, we know that this happens regularly enough to begin the story with "This week, Mario..."

[Three Word Rule]

OVOxo

« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2012, 02:08 »
I've been saying for a long time that they need to do a weekly Balotelli show! It'd be amazing =O