Author Topic: Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion?  (Read 13261 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Kdintranet & Scizau

• Binary Master
  • Sentret Fan
  • 01001011, 01000100
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion?
« on: October 25, 2013, 14:17 »
So these images have sprung up all over the internet.

Who or what is Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion? You can apparently request them in the GTS and are recognised Pokemon?
Avid Poster On Pokemon Academy

There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Offline Alpha Fenrir

• The Dark Side of the Sun
  • Rob Fan
  • Anybody got some spare enthusiasm?
    • View Profile
Re: Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 14:58 »
I'm glad I wasn't the only one to see these. I've seen Volcanion requested quite few times when I've been looking for various alternate language pokemon on the GTS. I guess that they're the event pokemon that have yet to be announced yet - I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.
Curse my memory... Formerly Avalanche Absol 137

...Something tells me no one will care about who I used to be. Or who I am now for that matter.

Offline Kdintranet & Scizau

• Binary Master
  • Sentret Fan
  • 01001011, 01000100
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 15:02 »
Yes by the looks of it they will be event Pokemon, and apparently 3DS games have the capabilities to update like any PS3 and Xbox game does.

I don't see the three legendary Pokemon yet either. Like

Zapdos, Articuno, and Moltres
Raikou, Entei, and Suicune
Regice, Registeel, and Regirock
Azelf, Mesprit, and Uxie
Tornadus, Landorus and Thundurus

Where are Gen 6's 3 Legendary Pokemon...

Also some other points of interest to ponder on

« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 15:05 by Kdintranet & Scizau »
Avid Poster On Pokemon Academy

There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Offline DragonOfTheDepths

• Dragon Tamer
  • Psythor Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2013, 18:32 »
Ive already gotten an Yveltal, just caught a Zygarde, and i have encountered a Moltres in Pokemon Y. What legendary bird you get depends on your starter, and you can only find them (Zygarde and legendary bird) after beating the champion.

I would guess that they aren't available on GTS because of an event or update that we havent heard of yet.

EDIT: Ok, I just found Moltres on my GTS. I'm guessing that they will only appear on your GTS after you've encountered them.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 18:36 by DragonOfTheDepths »
Live Fearless, or fear for your life.
-D.O.D

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2013, 21:20 »
But if they are real, what types could they be, judging by their names?

Volcanion could easily be a Fire-type of course, but any secondary typing? I've seen Water speculated for it. Diancie sounds like a Fairy type, but Hoopa...hmm?

quack98

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2013, 21:21 »
Everywhere seems to be saying:
Diancie - Rock/Fairy
Volcanion - Fire/Water (YESS!!!)
Hoopa - Psychic/Ghost (I think, I can't remember properly)

Offline sans the skeleton

• they/them pronouns please
  • Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2013, 23:46 »
wait, isn't there a massive GTS bug going around? maybe this is it - it's known to wipe your game like the luminose city one.

otherwise, no idea.

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid

Offline DragonOfTheDepths

• Dragon Tamer
  • Psythor Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2013, 01:31 »
wait, isn't there a massive GTS bug going around? maybe this is it - it's known to wipe your game like the luminose city one.

otherwise, no idea.

was this bug fixed by version 1.1 of both games or was the update what caused the issue? anybody know? I know that the update included something about improving the GTS search system.

And I think Volcanion being fire/ water is nice, but I kind of hope that it's OP but then again hope it's not OP at the same time... idk.
Live Fearless, or fear for your life.
-D.O.D

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2013, 03:13 »
Actually, to avoid some misinformation here. I'm gonna provide info of this rumor/leak and how it all went down and the proof you guys can see for yourselves with Pokemon X/Y:

-Back in July (I think) before the games were in anybodies hands, we had a list of Pokemon names in Japanese that had been trademarked. As more info came out a few of those names were starting to be confirmed but by this point leakers had gotten the names, fresh info was out and the list was forgotten.

-A little bit later on, the first few reports of Zygarde came out and then pictures followed a few hours later. In the earliest moments of Zygarde being mentioned, there was doubt of Zygarde's legitimacy and the list re-emerged with people citing that 'Jigarude' was probably Zygarde.

-The list was again forgotten as the games were released and people explored things for themselves.

-Then, the list came back and people questioned the 3 remaining names on the list which had no Japanese equivalent. Here's where it gets juicy.

-A Spanish Pokemon website reveals that an extremely well-known English Pokemon fansite (I won't mention the name) had created entries for 3 Pokemon along with their English and Japanese names and their typing. Their names? Hoopa (Ghost/Psychic), Diancie (Rock/Fairy) and Volcanion (Fire/Water). The Japanese names matched the names on the Trademark list from July.

-This Spanish site then updates with screenshots of said fansite, now claiming that these pages have been removed.

-Owner of the fansite in question denies the claims and calls the screenshots fake.

-At about 2PM that day, someone told me that if you tried to access images of the removed Pokemon, you'd find that the URLs "pokemon/719.png", "pokemon/720.png" and "pokemon/721.png" would return blank placeholder images with "pokemon/722.png" returning a 404 error instead. I tried this for myself and can confirm it as true.

-At about 4-6PM the same day, word of this placeholder image is spreading fast and soon enough there are placeholder images for Pokemon all the way up to "pokemon/800.png" - Implying serious damage control.

-With that in mind, I can understand why the fansite owner would want to remove/deny these claims given TPCi's reputation for Cease and Desist orders. So I don't blame them for doing so. I do wonder though, where on earth the English names came from and where the types came from - because there seems to be no origin for this information and the fansite is normally very careful of such things before posting info..

Anyway, here's the part about the GTS:

-If you go into the GTS, you can actually put your 'looking for' text as anything - including fake Pokemon, so the screenshots above don't actually prove anything.

-However, if you go into the GTS and look for a fake Pokemon or input absolutely any text, you'll see a loading icon appear for about 3 seconds while it searches before being prompted with a 'nothing found' message. If you input the names 'Diancie', 'Hoopa' or 'Volcanion' you'll be given 'nothing found' immediately with no loading or searching. You can try this for yourselves.

So with this info, I'd say it's 95% true for sure. But the screenshots that have been circulating can easily be faked with any Pokemon name, it seems like the loading icon test is a much better way of confirming any future rumors for yourself. I'm also pretty sure the GTS patch had nothing to do with what you're able to search, though I imagine if you can literally put ANY text in there it won't be long before they remove that feature to avoid abuse.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 03:17 by Turner »

Offline Liam

• 1337 Donator
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2013, 10:19 »
They better look cool or I won't be pleased with all the hype.

quack98

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2013, 10:22 »
I think Diancie will be the 'mew' of this generation (like Celebi, Jirachi, Shaymin & Victini)

Volcanion sounds like the main event one, you know, like Genesect and Arceus in the last two gens?

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2013, 11:48 »
I think Diancie will be the 'mew' of this generation (like Celebi, Jirachi, Shaymin & Victini)

However, rumours have been going around that Diancie learns a move calle "Light of Ruin", which takes power from the flower weapon and fires it at the opponent. This could be connected to AZ and the Floette, in some way.

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2013, 22:03 »
I'll just leave this here...

Mr. Apple

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2013, 22:06 »
I'll just leave this here...

oh wow thats really cool!
whats with the low levels though? is it because theyre in santalune forest? (thats what it looks like, what with the forest-y background)

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2013, 22:24 »
Apparently someone has been hacking away at the 3DS and found this.

I'm not going to go into methods obviously (not that it would be any use to us) but I guess these are not the natural environment for these Pokemon. Word is also that Mew, Celebi and Jirachi are able to be randomly encountered too but at a 1/8000 chance.