Poll

Why is using not very used Pokémon important?

Because they need love ♥
8 (53.3%)
Because they can be a nasty surprise for the opponent.
5 (33.3%)
They aren't lol.
1 (6.7%)
↑ I think the one who voted for that has no idea on Pokémon.
1 (6.7%)
I am doubting more than Descartes. Give me some more time to think, please.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Unsuspected, "unviable" Niche Pokémon of the Day  (Read 39822 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MonsterMon64

Re: Unsuspected, "unviable" Niche Pokémon of the Day
« Reply #240 on: November 18, 2014, 20:59 »
It's always fun to have my Zoroark pose as a Crobat in the PWT when up against Sabrina. It's practically a free turn, since she'll almost always run a Psychic attack.

I've always wanted to try having it pose as a physically offensive Fire-type to lull people into thinking there's something wrong with me with running Flamethrower, but the thought occurs the ruse doesn't last long, anyway, and Zoroark doesn't really benefit from posing as a Fire-type. Ah well, Zoroark's still one of my faves.

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 18, 2014, 21:18 »
I hate facing Zoroark because I always get confused xD

I mean... I think it was Will that posted a replay in the showdown thread and I was completely baffled at how mega banette was holding a life orb >_>

DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline Delicious_Scout

• Pokémon Breeder (For Petz, ask Petzbreeder ;3)
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Buttébutt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 19, 2014, 00:24 »
«Funny» - King Harkinian, 20th Century Doge.

Finally the OOP (Original Original Poster) can see one of his faovurite Pokémon covered, and it is a versatile one. Yes, I am talking about Scrafty.

Gimme your MetaSprite or your life, you punk!

Scrafty has never been an easy Pokémon to use, as, despite its good bulk and decent Attack, is outsped by many different threats, is weak to Fighting and Flying, and now has gained a quadruple weakness to Fairy. Do not let this discourage you, though, as Scrafty is versatile and threatening enough to be part of your team; its stats work quite well, and its typing, without counting its weaknesses, is offensively great, as it hits for neutral damage everything barring Fairies, Heracross, and Toxicroak -while having access to important coverage moves to eliminate these threats-; whilst the icing of the cake is (or are) its three abilities, all of them highly viable: Shed Skin, Moxie, and Intimidate.

Scrafty
HP: 65 | Attack: 90 | Defence: 115 | Special Attack: 45 | Special Defence: 115 | Speed: 58

Basically, two is the number of sets that are most frequently used due to their efficiency. Let's check them out.

Muscles

Scrafty @ Leftovers
Careful nature (+SpD, -SpA)
EV: 252 HP/224 SpD/32 Spe
Ability: Shed Skin/Intimidate

Bulk Up
Knock Off
Drain Punch
Poison Jab/Ice Punch/Stone Edge

A Bulk Up set in OU? Yes, committing suicide can be rather enjoyable. Nevertheless, Scrafty is one of the few users of the move that can actually force a switch due to its excellent abilities in Shed Skin and Intimidate; the former discouraging status and the later forcing a switch immediately. Do not try to set up right off the bat, since you could be negatively surprised; fortunately, Knock Off, Drain Punch, and the filler are quite spammable, especially Knock Off. The last move, along 32 EV in Speed, allow Scrafty to outspeed and 2HKO most Choice Specs Sylveon at +1, but the other moves can be found as useful as Poison Jab; Ice Punch eliminates Dragons, Thundurus, Landorus, and Gliscor, while Stone Edge is very effective at luring and annihilating Talonflame.

Crafty Dancing

Scrafty @ Life Orb/Lum Berry/Leftovers
Jolly nature (+Spe, -SpA)
EV: 252 Att/4 Def/252 Spe
Ability: Moxie/Shed Skin

Dragon Dance
Knock Off
High Jump Kick/Drain Punch
Stone Edge/Poison Jab/Ice Punch

Yes, the moves and playstyles are quite similar (regarding the other set), but only at the beginning, as once it gets rolling it will hardly stop; this, then, forces the fourth mvoe to be somewhat irrelevant unless for luring Talonflame, and this is why Stone Edge is the primary option here. With the given EV spread, Scrafty can outspeed Timid Thundurus by one point provided Scrafty has used a Dragon Dance. If using Moxie, then either Life Orb or Lum Berry are the options to consider, along High Jump Kick. If Shed Skin is chosen, then Leftovers is the item of choice along Drain Punch. Honourable mention to an Adamant set with Assault vest and a fourth damaging move instead of a boosting move.

Scrafty, the gangstachav Pokémon. Gimme your cash.

Yes, what do you think about Scrafty? Next? Next.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 00:42 by Delicious_Scout »
Click on that smexy Tyranaggronigroking to visit my our IV Shop. And possibly buy something.

Offline Delicious_Scout

• Typhlosion Fan
  • Buttébutt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 20, 2014, 00:49 »
Good.

Today, in o(r)der to grant you a WIP, I will dispose my Leftovers here:

EA Gardobor despicted by MetaSprite

No, Gardobor does not deserve garbage-like jokes; it is one of the few Pokémon that can learn Spikes and Toxic Spikes at the same time, and that is a role that some stall teams require in just one Pokémon; while Forretress is sturdier and Roserade more offensive, Gardobor can stand a hit (unlike Roserade) and abosorb Toxic Spikes (unlike Forretress). On top of that, pure Poison Typing is far from a curse, as it is neutral to Fire unlike the other two Pokémon. If looking for just a Toxic Spikes setter, Gardobor has better physical defence than Tentacruel and better Special Defence than Forretress, not to say it is hit by Super Effective hits less frequently. Check the stats if you do not believe me, considering Gardobor's abilities are Stench, Aftermath, and Weak Armor.

Gardobor
HP: 80 | Attack: 95 | Defence: 82 | Special Attack: 60 | Special Defence: 82 | Speed: 75

Let's check it out.

Garbage day!

Gardobor @ Black Sludge/Focus Sash
Impish/Jolly nature (+Def/Spe, -SpA)
EV: 252 HP/252 Att/4 Spe or 252 HP/4 Att/252 Spe or 252HP/Split between defences
Ability: Aftermath/Weak Armor

Toxic Spikes
Spikes
Gunk Shot/Pain Split
Payback/Explosion

In theory, Gardobor should be able to perform well as a balanced double spiker, and it can be unpredictable; give it Black Sludge and it will abuse resisted hits with Gunk Shot and Payback (the bad news is that Payback's power does not double if a Pokémon has switched out), give it a Focus Sash and it will work wonders if used properly setting at least one layer of hazards (two if Weak Armor is chosen and has an effect) and blow itself up with Explosion. Although the first moves are easy to understand, neither the abilities nor the last two moves are going to succeed given any circumstance. To put it easy, Focus Sash should be used with maximum Speed, and even a Jolly nature, to outspeed Jolly Bisharp (for example), and then Pain Split and Explosion should be used; in fact, Gardobor can force Bisharp to make a lot of mistakes, since it might run Life Orb, its energy can be drained with Pain Split, and it will probably take a lot of damage due to Aftermath if it decides to eliminate it, causing, with Life Orb recoil, a bit less of half of its total HP (factoring two rounds of Life Orb recoil and Aftermath).

Gardobor, the discriminated Pokémon. I do mean it, really! "Oh, I hate Generation V because Gardobor, Klang, and Vanilluxe are in it". Dang it!

Now it is the time to test Gardobor! If you want, go for the next article!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 23:47 by Delicious_Scout »
Click on that smexy Tyranaggronigroking to visit my our IV Shop. And possibly buy something.

Offline the bread dragon

• my furniture has come alive
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 20, 2014, 01:32 »
op is trashier than garbodor y/y

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 20, 2014, 01:42 »
I always call a female Garbodor Marjory after the talking trash heap from Fraggle Rock!
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Offline Delicious_Scout

• Typhlosion Fan
  • Buttébutt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 20, 2014, 23:57 »
So much to do, so much to see.

Today, because Alice "said" so, one of the rapidest Pokémon of the game will be featured: I am talking about Accelgor.

Accelgor has been able not to go fast for a moment in order to be sprited by MetaSprite

Accelgor's role has always been discussed; not due to the fact it is able to learn Spikes Accelgor's main set should be a Spiker one (look at Greninja, for example), although it does accomplish that role quite well. It can attack, yes, but it is quite frail, its STAB is not excellent, and lacks a bit of Special Attack. So, what does it do? All of these things and more, in fact. A Pokémon with Hydration, Sticky Hold, and Unburden should work, and these stats back this theory up:

Accelgor
HP: 80 | Attack: 70 | Defence: 40 | Special Attack: 100 | Special Defence: 60 | Speed: 145

Finally, I can present some calculations with respect to the debate "Modest versus Timid".

Standard Sanic Striker

Accelgor @ Focus Sash/Red Card/Life Orb
Modest/Timid Nature (+SpA/Spe, -Att)
EV: 252 SpA/4 SpD/252 Spe
Ability: Unburden/Sticky Hold/Hydration

Bug Buzz
Focus Blast
Hidden Power Fire/Rock/Ice
Giga Drain/Acid Spray

Quite simple to understand and use: just hit hat and fast (very fast, indeed). However, the item used, along the nature, will be crucial, as Accelgor's Speed and damage output are in risk. For example, Unburden with Focus Sash or Red Card and Modest nature is very helpful if Accelgor does not want to take indirect damage, but its Speed is vastly reduced after switching; with Timid, recoil damage is assumed, but its Speed will be very high, easily outspeeding Modest Mega Alakazam. If going that way, either Sticky Hold or Hydration work.

Inspiktia

Accelgor @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Att)
EV: 248 HP/8 SpA/252 Spe
Ability: Unburden/Sticky Hold/Hydration

Spikes
Encore
Bug Buzz
Knock Off/Final Gambit/Focus Blast

Instead of directly attacking, Accelgor can be the fastest Spiker in the tier and lay two layers of hazards most of the times. This is achieved due to Focus Sash + Unburden and an occasional Encore, which can force a lot of switches. Encore can be also used with Knock Off, thus creating a disruptive situation for the opponent, which will be taking hazard damage and losing its items. Encore can also be used to predict a switch and hit with either Final Gambit or Focus Blast.

Gotta go Marginalazam!

Accelgor @ Lum Berry
EV: 136 HP/216 SpA/156 Spe
Ability: Hydration/Sticky Hold

Bug Buzz
Encore
Hidden Power Rock/Fire
Final Gambit

As its name suggests, this set is made to specifically check Mega Alazakam (Modest); in fact, 216 EV in SpA guarantee the OHKO 100% of the times with Bug Buzz, while 156 Speed (due to Hidden Power Rock or Fire) reach 400 Speed, enough to outsmart Mega Alakazam.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 23:21 by Delicious_Scout »

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 21, 2014, 15:51 »
he's lying

i wanted roserade and i am feeling very betrayed </3

thanks gl <3

Offline Delicious_Scout

• Typhlosion Fan
  • Buttébutt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 22, 2014, 00:04 »
DAMAGE CALCULATOR IS NO UP YET; THIS MEANS I WILL HAVE TO ANNOUNCE A GOOD SPREAD FOR ACCELGOR IN ANOTHER MOMENT

he's lying

i wanted roserade and i am feeling very betrayed </3

Then you will have your "crimson" Roserade.

Today… I don't even know why I am presenting it, since I have already told you its name: Roserade.

Let MetaSprite go.

Roserade is one of the few offensive-based Pokémon that can actually fulfill a big array of roles: from Spiker to Specially Defensive, not forgetting the classic all-out attaker and even Scarf sets. This is not today's case, as Grass/Poison is not one of the best combinations in standard (unless you've got Thick Fat, and Roserade does not seem willing to accept that destiny) and its physical defence is quite low, as seen below.

Roserade
HP: 60 | Attack: 75 | Defence: 65 | Special Attack: 125 | Special Defence: 105 | Speed: 90

However, Roserade does have access to some very interesting abilities: Poison Point is marginally useful, but Roserade can set up Toxic Spikes alredy, Natural Cure is a blessing for the defensive set, and Technician is excellent if Hidden Power is run, as it has the same base power as Flamethrower.

Sets, please. Keep in mind that due to lack of calculator I must rely in Smogon.

Spikes Peak

Roserade @ Focus Sash/Black Sludge
Ability: Natural Cure

Spikes
Toxic Spikes/Sludge Bomb
Sleep Powder
Giga Drain/Leaf Storm

The goal of this set is not difficult to grasp: se up as many layers of hazards as you can. In order to achieve this, Roserade can use a vast number of shenanigans in form of offensive presence and tricky status moves. If the opponent switches out, a layer of any kind of Spikes can be set, and so on until either the Focus Sash is broken or Roserade has enough hazards set up. This sounds very prediction-relying, but Sleep Power actually decreases the number of guesses one person has to think of, easily causing confusion. Moreover, Roserade can actually represent a threat, as Sludge Bomb and Giga Drain/Leaf Storm hit quite hard coming off 125 Base SpA and STAB. The EV and nature are meant to outspeed as many Pokémon as possible, while Natural Cure is useful in case Roserade is obligued to stomach a burn or paralysis.

La Rosa

Roserade @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician/Natural Cure

Leaf Storm
Sludge Bomb
Hidden Power Fire/Sleep Powder
Giga Drain/Sleep Powder

Offensive Roserade is useful in the regard some of the key Pokémon in OU are weak or neutral to Grass and Poison, thus leading to an offensive set. Leaf Storm is the first option, as it can OHKO or 2HKO most Pokémon that do not resist it (barring the blobs, for example); Slugde Bomb does not drop any stat and has a chance of poisoning the rival, while Hidden Power Fire, with 90 Base Power due to Technician, can fry Scizor and Skarmory. Giga Drain is a safer option than Leaf Storm that also recovers some life taken away by Life Orb. If none of the two last options have convinced you, Sleep Powder is handy enough to force switches. Once again, hitting as hard and fast as possible is Roserade's best option with this set, so the classic spread, Nature, and item are present. If not using Technician, Natural Cure is great for absorbing Paralysis.

Roserade, the anti-Charlie Pokémon. Its delicate appearance should not lead to the hasty conclusion of "this one will be easy to take down), as doing so will result in problems for you.

So, what do you think about Roserade? Is it as beautiful as you remember it in 2D Pokémon games? More during the next issue!

E.C.A.M.B.S.

« Reply #249 on: November 22, 2014, 17:17 »
So you might be wondering "Scout/Martí, what user will you cover today? Most girls present in IRC have already been written about, and the others are just avoiding you". Yes, this is true, both in the virtual and the physical world; nevertheless, I've got a resource.

Nope, I am doing you instead.

Credit to the Pokémon Company

E.K.A.N.S.' name would be longer, but it seems we have been lucky because she decided some time ago that it would be like today's. Nothing else is known about her and her short data, but, at any rate, what is not short is her set of stats, as well as her excellent Dark/Fairy Type.

E.K.A.N.S.
HP: 115 | Attack: 89 | Defence: 113 | Special Attack: 120 | Special Defence: 113 | Speed: 130

Settings are important, or else extensive questions to either Lewis or me shall be asked.

Is this relevant?

E.K.A.N.S. @ Weakness Policy
Naïve Nature (+Hope, -Seniority)
EV: 4 Att/252 SpA/252 Spe
Ability: Oblivious

Nasty Plot
Mooblast
Hyper Beam
Explosion

Due to her big load of homework, E.K.A.N.S. has no time to read these articles (if she had time she would not read them anyway), and thus has doubts about Hyper Beam and Giga Impact. Nonetheless, they should be exploited, and this set capitalises on this. Nasty Plot ensures that E.K.A.N.S. will think of an even more painful way to punish the rival for daring fight her, and from that point, two things might happen: either the rival is squashed like a bug via Moonblast, or gets demolished by Hyper Beam, being this a remembrance of Porygon-Z's former days. If the rival is too shamrock, Explosion is useful for attacking it on the physical side, at the cost of no more battles and gg wp.

No other nature and ability other than Naïve and Oblivious can be used, unless E.K.A.N.S. cheats on us and enhances her battling knowledge by defeating Richard using an Infernape. As such, Weakness Policy is an ideal item, as it grants a possibility to do some damage if her n00b-ness strikes back. The EV spread is the basic for a specially-based attacker.

Have you ever wished for a cookie?

E.K.A.N.S. @ Honey
Modest Nature (+Intelligence, -Cookies)
EV: 4 Def/252 SpA/252 Spe
Ability: Pickup

Calm Mind
Confuse Ray
Fire Blast
Moonblast

In forums, E.K.A.N.S. is known for asking a lot of questions. "Will you cover Tropius?", "Why is my Pokémon too overpowered in your game?" are a few examples of such attitude, and this set is the pinnacle of being Descartes. Calm Mind, unlike Nasty Plot, improves her trolling capacity because she also gets her Special Defence (counterarguments) reinforced, a vital point in the world of trolling. Up there, Confuse Ray is a necessity to confuse, for example, Sappy, so that he can answer any question in a wrong manner. Now that he is unable to do anything right, Blasting questions to him is the key to victory, and Fire Blast and Moonblast are great to take care of him; Fire Blast by burning him, and Moonblast by lowering his Special Attack or argument capacity. By this point, Sappy will grant you a lot of cookies, no matter what you say.

Although trolling is often associated with being Naugty, a Modest nature is chosen instead in order not to harm, as E.K.A.N.S. is good (not like the writer of this article). The EV is designed to hit as hard and fast as possible, whilst 4 EV are put into Def just in case any random user uses Download and gets a SpA rise. In order to properly receive Sappy's presents, Pickup is the ability of choice, and Honey is the preferred item, as Cookies with Honey make an outstanding combination.

Why are exams and family arguments so easy?

E.K.A.N.S. @ Lava Cookie
Mild Nature (+Smart, -Clear)
EV: 252 SpA/56 SpD/200 Spe
Ability: Illuminate

Baby-Doll Eyes
Dark Pulse
Moonblast
Protect

As read before, little is known about E.K.A.N.S.' physical world's life, but one thing is sure: she enjoys laughing, as any other human (?) does. To force this chain of events, E.K.A.N.S. should first use Baby-Doll Eyes, thus decreasing the rival's Attack. Why is this important? Because aggressive rivals are serious business, of course. Due to her natural appeal, everyone should be lol-ing by then, but some rivals just want to watch the world burn: in those cases, either Dark Pulse or Moonblast may compel them, eventually causing a trauma on them, hence making them think for the first time in their lives how beautiful laughing with E.K.A.N.S. shoud have been. For her mis(s)fortune, the burning desire to watch the world burn can even outperform our wonderful E.K.A.N.S.' will, but thankfully for her, Protect exists, and because all of these rivals use a locking-to-confusion move, she is either immune to them (Outrage) or has enough defence to survive some hits, Protect, and cause them confusion, and, as read on the other set, confusion means her wishes come true, thus lols become rofls.

Mild is the essential of this set, as without it, most thugs would just roll over her, and that is unacceptable. With the given EV spread, E.K.A.N.S. can hit as hard as possible while outspeeding most silly humans out there. Not investing in physical defence might seem a suicide, but "the laughter is mightier than the sword" is the idiom applied here, and most intelligent detractors will, of course, use their SpA to try to annihilate her noble objectives. Illuminate is used in order to find brilliant jokes, and, because Sappy is not there, E.K.A.N.S. is already equiped with a Lava Cookie in case no one has this kind of food.

E.K.A.N.S., the "Luggy" user. Unlike "Supra Mayro Kratt", she has "question", and is not broken. Despite this, treating her like garbage will break your arguments and self-esteem.

So, what do you think about E.K.A.N.S.? Should she be more popular around here? Are you wondering why some of her questions are in your head as well? More during next week!

Schedule: What is a schedule? (I am running out of Pokémon as well!)

I think Scout just used Flatter on me and it's super effective.

Roserade always creeped me out with that sly mouth and white hair. I always thought of it as a flirty kind of Pokemon... in a creepy way. Well, I still trained it in Pokemon Diamond. Can't beat nostalgia.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 23, 2014, 00:13 »
Guys, one of these days, we'll have to cover mega sappy. We need to know what makes him op so we can nerf it.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Delicious_Scout

• Typhlosion Fan
  • Buttébutt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 23, 2014, 02:36 »
Nope, I just wrote what I thought of you. And Mega Sappy has already been covered, ShinyBaka. However, dire times have come.

Today, because it is the 13th week, just one user can be reviewed, and that is me, Delicious_Scout/Martí.

That sprite is mine, now move up.

I am not very proud of this user; he is told and thought to be imbecile, unhelpful, abrasive, satanic, and not funny. Well, perhaps this is due to the fact he has been a zombie (or maybe he still is, I don't know). He has also developed prosopagnosia, been poisoned a couple of times, never had a girlfriend (or kissed), and defends every Pokémon up to the point of actually liking Infernape, but his favourite Pokémon remains being Registeel. Nevertheless, because he has been writing all these articles, his name and sets have to be forcibly written here. To begin with, he is a Dark/Fighting user, and these are his stats:

Delicious_Scout
HP: 80 | Attack: 169 | Defence: 100 | Special Attack: 169 | Special Defence: 74 | Speed: 108

Let's move on with some useless sets.

Shake-shake-shenanigans

Delicious_Scout @ Life Orb
Rash Nature (+Mindgames, -Victory)
EV: 128 Att/128 SpA/252 Spe
Ability: Illusion

Substitute
Focus Punch
Will-O-Wisp
Dark Pulse

Martí is known for his stupid strategies consisting of surprise factor and shenanigans, and this set can not get any trickier. Given Illusion and a good chance of causing a switch, Martí can use Substitute to protect himself from status and any Attack, thus maintaining his Illusion up until he is hit when Substitute is not up. It would be a shame not to use that precious Substitute, though, so Focus Punch acts as a very powerful STAB move that will decimate anything not immune to it, especially when backed up by Life Orb. If one is not sure about using that move, Will-O-Wisp often softens most hits and deals more flaming damage; last, but not least, Dark Pulse acts as a secondary STAB, and with the given investment, it is guaranteed to deal plenty of damage to most opponents due to Martí's Speed and good combination that is Fighting + Dark. Life Orb is the item of choice at it destroys Martí little by little, especially when abusing Substitute, while helping him defeating his enemies.

Grave of firebaka

Delicious_Scout @ Flame Orb
Modest Nature (+Violence, -Cows)
EV: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 SpD
Ability: Stench

Torment
Dark Pulse
Fire Blast
Explosion

If Martí is known for something in IRC is for flaming and, in general, being useless. With the given ability and EV spread such a task can be easily accomplished. For instance, Torment causes headaches to most pacific and righteous users, thus making them want to start a war; if this is not enough, further flaming can be used in form of Dark Pulse, incentivising the use of Dark thoughts. If this is not enough, Fire Blast provides a literal flame to the forums as well whilst causing great amounts of damage and deception. Last, Explosion, given the nature, and the item, will not hurt very much the other users, and will terminate the disgrace of having talked to Martí; if Damp is present, due to 4 EV in HP, Flame Orb will burn and kill him quicker, in comparison with the case he had 4 EV in Def. Although contradictory at first, Modest should be the nature of choice because, although he tends to flame, he also hates other flamers, and will fight them with modesty and courage. Stench is there because he sucks.

I denied, I came, I ded

Delicious_Scout @ Toxic Orb
Lonely Nature (+Oneself, -Face)
EV: 12 Att/252 SpA/244 Spe
Ability: Dark Aura

Focus Blast
Fire Blast
Sucker Punch
Explosion

Martí is an actor; it is not known whether he is a good or a bad one, but it is thought that this line of work has enhanced his dark capabilities, up to the point of developing a Dark Aura, his ability of choice. In any case, because of his prosopagnosia, he must focus in details from people in order to identify them, but since he is highly destructive and not nice, he "accidentally" released a Focus Blast, which happens to be his STAB move. Angry with the "accidental" attack, Martí is likely to spam Fire Blast because there is no way of expressing one's ire other than spamming fire from one's inners. Martí, desperate enough, will feel he has betrayed most people, and, as a consequence, he will keep with his evil actions, this time aware of that and spamming Aura and STAB boosted Sucker Punches, causing mayhem to those who dare attacking him. Eventually, given the item, Martí will realise he has been Toxic to society, and will Explode to let the others live in peace.

Martí, the "no" user. He is not anti-bad either, and I wonder what's wrong with him, really.

So, what do you think about Delicious_Scout? Should he go to Hell or is it being too generous? More articles coming soon!

Shcedule: There is no way it can be determined.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 22:54 by Delicious_Scout »

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 23, 2014, 02:40 »
So i'm not getting covered by your awesome (not kidding) article? I'm kinda disappointed.

And great work as usual.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Delicious_Scout

• Typhlosion Fan
  • Buttébutt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 24, 2014, 23:23 »
Accelgor's calculations are done; they require explanations, though.

Yesterday, due to the fact Smogon and everybody else hate me, I had to postpone Walrein's article, but here it is (under construction):

Obey "the" MetaSprite.

Walrein has been depicted as a fat walrus. This, of course, has its advantages and disadvantages. The most obvious one is that it appears to resist hits quite well, and, in return, it does enough damage not to be laughed at (not to say its cry is one of the best discoveries ever made by human race). Abilities in Thick Fat, Ice Body, and Oblivious are not bad at all, and Walrein has, moreover, been known for two generations straight as "Stallrein" due to ice Body combined with Toxic Spikes, which made it almost impossible for the rival to defeat it swiftly. Nonetheless to say, Walrein is an Ice/Water Pokémon, and, due to Ice, its defensive capabilities are significantly nerfed. At least it has great defences at the cost of low Speed.

Walrein
HP: 110 | Attack: 80 | Defence: 90 | Special Attack: 95 | Special Defence: 90 | Speed: 65

Sets? What are those?

Stallrein

Wallrein @ Leftovers/Chesto Berry
Bold Nature (+Def, -Att)
EV: 232 HP/252 Def/24 SpD
Ability: Thick Fat

Surf
Ice Beam
Rest
Stockpile/Sleep Talk

Stallrein

Wallrein @ Leftovers
Bold Nature (+Def, -Att)
EV: 232 HP/252 Def/24 SpD
Ability: Ice Body

Substitute
Protect
Blizzard
Roar/Hail
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 23:32 by Delicious_Scout »

Offline Delicious_Scout

• Typhlosion Fan
  • Buttébutt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 25, 2014, 23:28 »
And here I go again.

Today, as wished upon a shamrock by most IRC users from our channel, our star will be Wailord.

"Moby Robin", by MetaSprite.

If I have to be honest, I am a contrarian most of the times; no one likes Walrein but me, and vice versa with Wailord. It is meant to be a hard-hitting Pokémon by both sides, but its special one is the option that usually is taken into account due to Wailord's better special movepool, including Water Spout, one of the most devastating offensive moves ever developed. The problem with Wailord is that it needs speed and defences to abuse that move, and, unfortunately, it lacks both. at least abilities in Oblivious, Pressure, and especially Water Veil help our pure Water type friend to survive a bit longer.

Wailord Smithers
HP: 170 | Attack: 90 | Defence: 45 | Special Attack: 90 | Special Defence: 45 | Speed: 60

I have no choice, sets must be done.

Blue Whale-y

Wailord @ Choice Scarf/Specs
Modest/Timid Nature (+SpA/Spe, -Att)
Ability: Water Veil

Water Spout
Hydro Pump/Surf
Ice Beam
Hidden Power Grass/Electric
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 23:37 by Delicious_Scout »