Author Topic: OR/AS Speculation Thread  (Read 13395 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Ya-Yah

• I'm told I'm a
  • Mulholland Fan
  • Apparently aka YY now ;)
    • View Profile
Re: OR/AS Speculation Thread
« Reply #105 on: July 22, 2014, 17:50 »
But surely if Rayquaza has to calm them down, he would need to be Primal too. Are Primal Kyogre and Groudon really gonna listen to some average Rayquaza? Na  v_v

Offline Joe_Pokemon2015- MEGA RAYQUAZA!

• Gen. Giratina: Leader of the Pokemon International Movement. Ternyata semuanya lupa negera Korea...
  • Joeno Fan
  • Giratina: Giygogagohgwooh! to QC for this avatar
    • View Profile
    • Check out my deviantART page! It has Pokemon!
« Reply #106 on: August 25, 2014, 13:53 »
But surely if Rayquaza has to calm them down, he would need to be Primal too. Are Primal Kyogre and Groudon really gonna listen to some average Rayquaza? Na  v_v

Surely they should intertwine the events in Ruby and Sapphire with that of Emerald....

Offline Raphetty

• Streetpasser Extraordinaire
  • Name Rater Hater
  • 54 Mii Plaza Accomplishments; 924 Plaza Population
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 25, 2014, 15:44 »
Surely they should intertwine the events in Ruby and Sapphire with that of Emerald....

That makes sense since some elements of Crystal were incorporated into HeartGold and SoulSilver.

3DS FC: 3067 - 6449 - 6265 ... Sun trainer name: Rafipi ... X trainer name: Brennica
Omega Ruby trainer name: Moga ... Alpha Sapphire trainer name: Rosella

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 26, 2014, 02:20 »
^I was pretty much thinking the same thing. I believe that the Safari Zone will have its expansion, Liza and Tate would have at least two more Pokemon on their team, the Space Center is hijacked by each version's team, and the Battle Frontier will make another appearance.
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Offline Raphetty

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 26, 2014, 09:17 »
Another reason is that OR/AS will need to fill the role of the "third game", such as including move tutors and a Battle Frontier or similar.

3DS FC: 3067 - 6449 - 6265 ... Sun trainer name: Rafipi ... X trainer name: Brennica

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 26, 2014, 09:19 »
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but I've just had a thought. At the end of Emerald, once you filled the Hoenn Pokedex, you were offered a choice of one of the three Johto starters. At the time, this was because they were only possible to obtain via breeding Colosseum's Johto Pokemon, and not everyone had access to the game and GCN <-> GBA Link Cable.

However, there's another reason for them to bring this back in OR/AS... they could give them with their Hidden Ability! Only Johto and Unova starters currently lack their HA's, of the starter Pokemon, and this would be an easy way to give them their HA.

Unlikely, sure, but it would be pretty neat if they did.
Discord - richardblaziken

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 26, 2014, 09:53 »
^You maybe right! And we may also get the Sinnoh starters as well if the games follow the pattern HGSS did. I've noticed this is how the remakes have been doing this as a trend. FRLG gave you only the Kanto starters but back then there were only three gens and Emerald helped players get the remaining Pokemon not found in either RSE or FRLG. HGSS gave you the Johto starters of course but also the Kanto and Hoenn ones as well. So it'd make sense that ORAS would give you the Hoenn, Johto, Sinnoh, and Unova ones as well. The Sinnoh starters are hard to come by without transferring or breeding for one and not everyone got to do the promo to get the HA Sinnoh starters. I know I didn't because when the promo was announced, I had already purchased both BW games and didn't want to buy another copy just to get a Sinnoh starter.

The tables were turned.

Plz Click!

Offline Joe_Pokemon2015- MEGA RAYQUAZA!

• Gen. Giratina: Leader of the Pokemon International Movement. Ternyata semuanya lupa negera Korea...
  • Joeno Fan
  • Giratina: Giygogagohgwooh! to QC for this avatar
    • View Profile
    • Check out my deviantART page! It has Pokemon!
Re: ΩR/αS Speculation Thread
« Reply #112 on: September 21, 2014, 12:24 »
I was thinking, you know in the recent Pokémon games where the antagonists controlled a legendary Pokémon? Perhaps Team Magma and Team Aqua will summon and control Groudon and Kyogre respectively, then you have to find and wake up Rayquaza to put an end to them (gotta have to be Primal Rayquaza).

That makes sense since some elements of Crystal were incorporated into HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Which elements of Crystal were used in HG/SS?

Also guys, the Japanese call OR/AS as ΩR/αS. Why not we start using this instead- oh wait, we don't have such letters on the keyboard.

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 21, 2014, 12:58 »
The entirety of the Suicune plot was ripped from Crystal, as was Eusine's presence (wasn't even a character to be found in G/S), mostly. I'm sure some Gym Leader rosters were changed in Crystal that were probably carried over to HGSS as well.

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 21, 2014, 13:01 »

Which elements of Crystal were used in HG/SS?

Hey, Eusine called.

Aside from that, the implementation of both Kanto and Johto stands out as another element from Crystal.

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 21, 2014, 13:05 »
Gold and Silver had Kanto as well, so it's not so much an element of Crystal as it is just a thing all Johto games have had.

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 25, 2014, 00:48 »
Crystal also had the first version of the Battle Tower and the Platinum Battle Frontier was put in the exact same spot the Battle Tower was in Crystal. Other implements from Crystal found in HGSS are Buena's Password (surprised no one mentioned it yet) and Suicune not being randomly found in the wild and fleeing like in GS.

The tables were turned.

Plz Click!

Offline Raphetty

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 26, 2014, 00:32 »
The entirety of the Suicune plot was ripped from Crystal, as was Eusine's presence (wasn't even a character to be found in G/S), mostly. I'm sure some Gym Leader rosters were changed in Crystal that were probably carried over to HGSS as well.

I was actually thinking of the extra bits they put in the Ruins of Alph.

One of my sources tells me "Rayquaza is also said to hold a secret to Mega Evolution.". Sounds like something story related though.

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 30, 2014, 21:06 »
your source is probably everyone else's source

I think there'll be two mega evolutionss for Rayquaza I suppose, one with 180-200 attack and the other with the same for SAtk and then different stat boosts corresponding to Kyogre / Groudon.

[oh yay post #3000!]

Offline Specstile

• The Hoenn and Grass type fanatic!
  • Poképprentice Runner-up
  • Sentret Fan
  • Come At Me Bro
    • View Profile
    • FaceBook, only addy if i know you D:
« Reply #119 on: October 02, 2014, 16:18 »
Mega Rayquaza looks deadly :0!

Y FC:0344-9270-9498