Poll

Who do you think is the best doctor who of all time?

William Hartnell
2 (2.6%)
Patrick Troughton
1 (1.3%)
Jon Pertwee
1 (1.3%)
Tom Baker
4 (5.2%)
Peter Davison
0 (0%)
Colin Baker
1 (1.3%)
Sylvester McCoy
2 (2.6%)
Paul McGann
2 (2.6%)
Christopher Eccleston
15 (19.5%)
David Tennant
32 (41.6%)
Matt Smith
17 (22.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 279673 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline LB

• Norwegian Wood
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • Tournée du Chat Noir
    • View Profile
Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #270 on: June 17, 2007, 10:50 »
I thought the episode as a whole did quite well, as it was essentially simply a vehicle for the return of both Captain Jack AND The Master. I think perhaps an episode each, say, might have been better - get rid of something unnecessary and dull like 42 to make room.

But yes, it was incredibly enjoyable, Jack was on top form, Derek Jacobi was brilliant as both The Professor and The Master, and Simm's brief moment as the manic, New Who Master - Well, I'm certainly looking forward to next week!

The conversation between Jack and The Doctor when Jack was in that radiation chamber... Inspired writing by RTD.

If I say... 4.75/5... Leaving the Finale room to be even better!
"It occurred to me that this was what you might get if Walt Disney did an animated version of a Munch painting."

"It seemed to me that the longest imaginable distance separated irregular German verb forms from this kitchen table."

Offline Enigma

• Here to train for the Kanto League 8]
  • Elite Four Member
  • Joeno Fan
  • Back for a bit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 17, 2007, 21:33 »
Indeed, that episode was excellent. However, ChanTho really did get on my nerves...

And the Master had his own TARDIS in the old series; couldn't the Doctor and co. find that one and take it back to present day?

And yes, this Jack is much more fun than the Torchwood Jack; but then again, that's how it's meant to be: This is where Jack wants to be, hence his happiness. He was moody in Torchwood because that's why fangirls love him so he wasn't with the Doctor.

Offline ARCADE

• Typhlosion Fan
  • Who put the ball in the mackems net, oh Ryan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 17, 2007, 21:39 »
Terry Nation, also the creator of the brilliant Blakes 7 (I have all four series on Dvd <3) created the Daleks, much against the creator of Doctor Who's ideas.

haw haw hhhaaawww very funny but seriously in the past davros was known as the creator of all daleks.
Posted on: June 17, 2007, 09:36:40 PM
It's over!

That was one good episode.

Is this the first three-parter?

Actually no its not at one point Peter Davison have 3 companions abord: Tigan, Patrick(who perished aboard a ship he refused to leave even when it was plummiting towards a meteor and the other one i keep forgetting.)

Offline Darkphoenix

• Sentret Fan
  • Theres a hole in the soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 17, 2007, 21:54 »
This is one of the only episodes I like in this new series, par the first 2. I think this three parter is going to be my favourite of all =D
In the dark all the screams have stories / and they all end here

Offline Voltorb2005

• I need anger management! ARRRRRGGGHHH! *Breaks your computer in half*
  • Joeno Fan
  • Sooo.... Bored....
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 17, 2007, 21:56 »
The master came back! *Jaw Drops* YEEEEEEY! It was inevitable for the master to return at some point, and its even better that the life on mars bloke is playing him.

But here's a tricky question for you big doctor who fans out there *Points at Phil*:

How come the master regenerated if he used up his 12 regenerations in the old series?

hmmmm...

Name: Charmander
I luv voltorbs!

Offline Angelic Lapras King

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Angel Wings! Please Guide Me And The Lapras!
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery of Maddness
« Reply #275 on: June 17, 2007, 22:12 »
Time travel my dear friend, time travel.

"What did I say would happen if you got onto my back Oak?"

Offline ARCADE

• Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 17, 2007, 22:14 »
The master has gone through alot over the years... well not as bad as the doctor.

He disguised himself in a concrete body Tom Baker's Keeper of Trekken.

In the same episode he ditched his concrete form to reveal a scary freak of nature.

Then he took his hood off (in the same episode and his face sort of peeled off to reveal this.

Then he took off but not before revealing his true form.

We then saw him again in the movie made in 2000.

[The Master is on the left]

Then we saw him on saturday as this old fella.

And got killed by misses 'shin and do' and became a reborn master played by John Simm.

And the master hasn't reincarnated 12 times and i don't think it stops at 12 anyway.

Offline Nathan WV10

• Mulholland Fan
  • Thanks Koto for the Evil Houndoom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 17, 2007, 22:15 »
Can't wait for part two.I wonder what happens to the rocket as their is a future kind on it.The master is cool and I wonder how the Face of BO knew about him.Look's like The Doctor has a rival and Martha seems jealous of Rose.

Offline ARCADE

• Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 17, 2007, 22:21 »
Nothing happens to the ship its just focusing on the master becoming PM and how the doctor is goin to stop him.

Oh and and there is a part 3.

Offline Nathan WV10

• Mulholland Fan
  • Thanks Koto for the Evil Houndoom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 17, 2007, 22:23 »
Cool but i'm waiting to see how the Doctor is going to get his Tardis back when it is over the other side of the universe.

Offline ARCADE

• Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 17, 2007, 22:41 »
LOL. Dude its soooo obvious that The Doctor gets Jack's little time traveling watch working again.

Offline LB

• Norwegian Wood
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • Tournée du Chat Noir
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 17, 2007, 23:48 »

And the master hasn't reincarnated 12 times and i don't think it stops at 12 anyway.

He has, when he was that 'scary freak of nature' as you put it, it was stated that this was his final regeneration. Of 13.
"It occurred to me that this was what you might get if Walt Disney did an animated version of a Munch painting."

"It seemed to me that the longest imaginable distance separated irregular German verb forms from this kitchen table."

Offline Latias Tamer

• WOCNWORBWONWO
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 18, 2007, 16:23 »
LOL. Dude its soooo obvious that The Doctor gets Jack's little time traveling watch working again.
Also, if you were listening at the end, you hear Martha shouting "Wait! I recognise that voice!" so thats how they know what time line to 'hop' over to.
Yes.

Offline Pinsir24

• 21st October 2007, the day I became accepted as a
  • Joeno Fan
  • Credit to Sappy for this loyal avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 18, 2007, 18:36 »
The Master always seems to find a way to cheat death, often by stealing other people's bodies, but he shouldn't be able to regenerate. My theory- This is an earlier incarnation of the Master, and the 1996 movie was his final demise.

At last I'm a Forum Addict, you all must now... oh, oh darn. How long ago did that happen?

Offline LB

• Norwegian Wood
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • Tournée du Chat Noir
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 18, 2007, 18:44 »
I think it's more likely that either:

A) He stole another Timelord's body in the Time War,

Or

B) RTD quite rightly isn't getting bogged down in obscure continuity.

It's not people like us who bump up the ratings. It's the rest of the country, who watch Doctor Who, go "Oh, that was good", then get on with their lives.