Author Topic: More news tomorrow!  (Read 7103 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline RocketMember002

• Joy Incarnate
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
Re: More news tomorrow!
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2013, 13:51 »
Well that's crap. They could do the dream world for free but not this?

Offline Joeno

• WebMaster
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
  • "It's only love, what is everyone so scared of?"
    • View Profile
    • PKMN.NET
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2013, 13:54 »
There's a reason this feels cheap.

(For the record - average cost per user - $0.01 per year server storage cost max, double that possible to include access. Add a handful of server technicians and you're looking at a cost, to them, of about $0.10 per user. Everything else would be pure profit.)

(And if it's anything like their other online services, it will flat out refuse to work for a day per week due to 'maintenance'. Never mind that with any halfway decent server architecture, you should easily swap out servers to do it on while increasing service robustness at the same time.)

(No, I don't have much faith in this being value for money in the first place)
Peter <3<3<3<3

Pong And Beyond - Playing through 1001 video games before we die...

P-O-K-accent-E Balls!

Offline Sappy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2013, 14:05 »
I also thought an interesting thing is Pokemon Bank is out till December 25th in Japan, I'm assuming it'll be announced same time globally. However, this means you can't transfer till that time. What's everyone's thoughts on that? It also gives people a chance to get good teams on X and Y, before putting their favorites on. Something which I appreciate since you get a feel of the new Pokemon on X and Y.

I think people wouldn't mind the fee if Pokemon Bank was a separate feature that you only use for storage. It's more the fact PokeTransporter comes with it too.
Slowly an old member..

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2013, 14:35 »
I think the news is pretty awesome. Can't say I'm surprised by the Kanto mega evolutions, but it's good to know that yet again - the leak was correct. So I think this confirms Fairy's Dragon immunity and another Mewtwo form.

The annual fee doesn't bother me too much, it's super cheap and there's a free trial up until the 31st of January which should be more than enough time to transfer across any Pokemon from previous games I want to keep.

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2013, 17:01 »
So I will apparently have about 3 months to gather all Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova Pokemon and prepare to send them over to XY en masse? Challenge accepted.

This irks me that we have to pay to transfer. It may well end up being more money to do something so I don't cut off my 5th/4th/3rd Gen games from the current gen. Hopefully this will be a one off until they move to a new console.

But what? We can use TWO starters plus Torchic?!? That'll be Froakie, MegaVenu and Torchic. Right, Mudkip/Treecko events next, and then we have a 3 sets to pick FWG cores from...*rubs hands*

Offline RocketMember002

• Joy Incarnate
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2013, 19:35 »
This does raise the issue of overlapping starters. I mean, I love Froakie but Squirtle was my first ever! But then I've chose Squirtle many times now so maybe it'd be wise to go for Froakie and Bulba.

I very much want to see what mega-typhlosion looks like.

Offline Utack and Swampy

• "Generally, anything in the 31-28 range is fantastic, 27-24 is ok, 23-lower is no."
  • Fan Fan
  • Smooth as a Silcoon~
    • View Profile
    • My Art
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2013, 02:41 »
Concerning Pokemon Bank, Joeno's hit all the major points, but it is worth it to note that a 'Free-Trial' is a marketing technique. Humans tend to have a difficult time giving up something they possess, even if the item doesn't have much value, or they would gain more by giving up the item than by holding onto it.

So, the free trial method introduces prospective customers to a product, and then once you've become accustom to it, you're more willing to pay for the product to avoid losing the product. It's gonna be hard to completely give up transferring your Pokemon, even more so if your introduced to the Bank for a short period of time.

Thank's to Blake... for the awesome sig!

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2013, 02:49 »
I think it's worth mentioning that a completely new Pokemon was spotted briefly in the video:

Utack and I agree that it seems to be an alpaca.
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2013, 04:18 »
That's awesome, looks nice. Electric Absol almost.

I personally wouldn't be surprised if they did not want to introduce paid DLC at all. Every interview I have read Masuda and co have stated that they would like to avoid it and did not agree with players paying for DLC. They said they weren't sure but were exploring their options in the roundtable and said they hoped nobody was going to ask them about it.

My guess is that either financial push has come to shove or there is some kind of deal going on with Nintendo. As far as I'm aware Nintendo have been losing a lot of money lately. It might be a requirement for GameFreak to include some kind of paid DLC and this is their method to do so. For such a 'money grabbing' technique they sure are offering it for the bare minimum - it's a very small amount PER YEAR, it's not going to be much use to most people once they've transferred within the free-trial period so there is a huge loss in userbase there, not to mention that the feature isn't even necessary, not to mention they know this will be exploited by people who set up their own servers. Honestly I think they're doing the community a service by not allowing people to transfer over their hacked Pokemon.

I don't know, I just don't really believe these 'OMGZ GAME FREAK WANTS TO STEAL OUR $$$' comments, all evidence has pointed towards the fact that this is not something they particularly care about. I think if they were that greedy they wouldn't be providing free apps that allow you to watch all of the Pokemon TV anime episodes for nothing.

Offline Liam

• 1337 Donator
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2013, 13:08 »
Mega Blastoise is looking kinda sweet

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2013, 13:29 »
It really is! It's my favorite of the three, but it's a shame it gets such a crap ability. At least, with the current moves it has. I can't imagine it'd boost Water Pulse enough to make it viable over Scald or Hydro Pump.

I've decided to go Mega Blaziken, Venusaur, Froakie when I get Y. :3
Discord - richardblaziken

MonsterMon64

« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2013, 16:33 »
I've always felt that (with maybe a few exceptions I don't recall) my final team/bros feel like a part of the game in which I've raised them, so I'd have no use for Pokemon Bank.* If I did, though, I really don't think the fee is that big a deal, and some people are jumping to some pretty heavy conclusions that might not even happen.

*Until I get Wi-Fi to work again, I wouldn't be able to use it even if I wanted to. Not sure if I'll be able to get that Torchic in time either :c

As for the Mega starters, I like them all, but Blastoise is clearly the coolest(looking). It seems like Froakie and Bulbasaur is a popular combo, and that's what I'm going for too. Everything else, I'll just have to wing it like always.

Offline Specstile

• The Hoenn and Grass type fanatic!
  • Poképprentice Runner-up
  • Sentret Fan
  • Come At Me Bro
    • View Profile
    • FaceBook, only addy if i know you D:
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2013, 19:10 »
Interesting that charizard gets drought. Definitely choosing Chespin and sorry bulba but i already have a grass type so i will choose squirtle. He has the coolest mega evolution too

Y FC:0344-9270-9498

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2013, 23:35 »
I'm gonna be choosing Froakie and Bulbasaur. I never did use Bulbasaur in R/B or FR/LG so now is the time.

MonsterMon64

« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2013, 08:40 »
^That's basically my situation, too. Well okay, an old acquaintance did trade me a Bulbasaur which I raised to Venusaur, but after that I never really used it, so I hope to change that with my own Bulbasaur.