Author Topic: Now that the dust has settled...what do you think of X/Y?  (Read 3915 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Now that the dust has settled...what do you think of X/Y?
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2014, 23:06 »

The Bad:

The largest complain I have is Post-game... There's nothing to do. I mean, yeah, you can go to their Battle Maison, but after two games of just one battle frontier facility (BW&BW2), I find myself sighing and wishing I had something a little more unique than just 'Battle Trainer, earn BP, buy TM/CB item.' I already did that in Unova, where's the cool facilities where I wander around in the dark avoiding trainers, or test my luck by picking curtains? Perhaps they might be saving the full Battle Frontier for Z, but it still leaves me wanting.

Post game battles; You either go to the Chateau, raise your rank, and eventually you get to kill Earls with level 25 pokemon, and occasionally run into a gym leader/elite 4 member/champion, or you grind on the pokemon league, who still have the same teams as your first time beating them, meaning you really have to cycle through it to get some decent leveling at the higher levels. The 4 restaurants in Lumiose city could count for post-game battles... But if you don't try and win in the number of turns specified, your dessert reward goes down... And since I have to pay an obscene amount just to get into the higher level restaurants, I usually find that even using amulet coin and max O power, I'm only around breaking even whenever I try my luck.

Otherwise, baring the random 'One Pokemon at level 35ish' trainers you encounter in Lumiose city, I haven't found anyone else to battle... Which is a major pain because unlike previous games, there is actually something to spend your money on post-game... Clothing! Just like pokemon, I feel the need to 'collect them all', but clothing is super-expensive, and can clean out your wallet faster than a Linoone with Covet. So, while grinding wasn't really required during initial playthrough, it becomes a real drag post-game, with there simply being a lack of higher level trainers to grind against.

Did you do the Looker quests?

There's an empty house in Lumiose with Looker the detective (From Gen V) who gives you a bunch of missions to complete, some people said they're even more fun than the main story.

Offline Awkward Squirtle

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2014, 23:13 »
(From Gen V)
I think you mean gen IV, he was in Platinum

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2014, 02:35 »
I think you mean gen IV, he was in Platinum

Yeah you're right, but he's in Gen V too

Offline Utack and Swampy

• "Generally, anything in the 31-28 range is fantastic, 27-24 is ok, 23-lower is no."
  • Fan Fan
  • Smooth as a Silcoon~
    • View Profile
    • My Art
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2014, 05:36 »
Did you do the Looker quests?

There's an empty house in Lumiose with Looker the detective (From Gen V) who gives you a bunch of missions to complete, some people said they're even more fun than the main story.

I completed Looker's quests fairly quickly, and while they were enjoyable, they were also only completable once. After all the quests have been completed, you're still faced with only the options of the Pokemon league, Battle Chateau, daily rival battle, and possibly restaurants for post-game battles.

Thank's to Blake... for the awesome sig!