Author Topic: what's saddening you right now?  (Read 342645 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Liam

• 1337 Donator
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
Re: what's saddening you right now?
« Reply #3600 on: April 06, 2013, 00:26 »
Just went to go check on my pets and change their water. One of my snakes is stiff as a board. Dead. I have no idea what has gone on, but I'm in shock. I've had him going on three years and he's suddenly just kicked the bucket.

I don't know what to do.

I'm so pissed off with myself right now. Aaah. :(

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #3601 on: April 11, 2013, 17:45 »
oh haha i guess my parents were arguing because my sisters cancer has spread

fantastic awesome im just

yeah wow

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #3602 on: April 12, 2013, 17:34 »
i post in this thread too much but w/e
so i got a big fat no from gray's and unless dundee accept me i won't be going to uni
I feel like such a failure with everything
Art is pretty much been my backup my whole life but to be told you aren't good at it? I'm good at pretty much nothing else. always average. never straight As always Bs and Cs. And anyways who am I kidding my art sucks and is just bland and terrible.
the only other thing i've vaugley considered is teaching or nursing but i'd probably be crap at those too.
sick of this sick of everything

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #3603 on: April 12, 2013, 19:12 »
idk youre not gonna get anywhere with telling everyone + yourself your art sucks

its real easy to but its really unattractive to future employers/schools/commissioners kinda thing

nobodys gonna buy or appreciate art from someone who tells them the art sucks before showing them it lol

you wouldnt go to get a new car and say 'yeah go ahead lets see it i wanna buy it' if the dealer told you the car sucked...

i just really dislike people publicly putting themselves down, its really sort of a turn off from anyone lol

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #3604 on: April 12, 2013, 21:43 »
Yeah i guess i shouldn't say it but i've not felt like this for a while. It's the first time in ages i've put my art down, probably due to the way i feel in general just needed to vent and feel sorry for myself ha.

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #3605 on: April 13, 2013, 20:45 »
Yeah i guess i shouldn't say it but i've not felt like this for a while. It's the first time in ages i've put my art down, probably due to the way i feel in general just needed to vent and feel sorry for myself ha.

rejections hurt and they do leave you sort of floating about the academic world w/ white eyes and all "why.................................lets the mystery man........." and whatnot and its ok to throw things at the wall for a bit because the unis were not so good this year
but failure is the mother of success and just cos you're having iffy chances this year it means if you have to do it next year you're more likely to succeed
i think my uni appreciated me applying twice and saying "yeah i didn't do so well last year due to Considerations but im not giving up just like a real chemist" in a sort of more whimsical way than that obvs cos what kind of tiny personal statement would that be

like its ok to be constantly critical about your art but only if it gets something done i.e. if you're constructively critical about it like "oh my anatomy is crap i'll browse through physiology books tommorow but tonight im having gin and scowling at awful people on come dine w/ me"

like of course you're allowed a little bit of tantruming about your art too where you go "I CANT DRAW TODAY" and you throw your drawing pad on the floor because you're only human like the rest of us but just dont make it a habit like 80% of deviantart does like it will pass

on the whole i find unis for art to be a bit of an Awkward experience unless you've done a lot of prepwork beforehand
i am not sure exactly where it is or what you're in the stage of right now but have you considered looking for Foundation Year art courses instead???? unless you've just done one in which case der der der me
or possibly picking out a BA with a foundation year so that student finance covers it unless you got the Cash Money for paying upfront for it

the thing about getting into a uni for sure is you have to be v distincitve like when they ask for your portfolio if you present it in an innovative way rather than just flipping through a sketchbook  and its v. hard to do this w/o thinking about it a lot beforehand
if you don't get in this year then i can honestly say its not the end of the world - - just try again next year and keep trying until you get in if its what you want to do
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 00:51 by well then we'll have a tonic water party »
           

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #3606 on: April 14, 2013, 14:37 »

rejections hurt and they do leave you sort of floating about the academic world w/ white eyes and all "why.................................lets the mystery man........." and whatnot and its ok to throw things at the wall for a bit because the unis were not so good this year
but failure is the mother of success and just cos you're having iffy chances this year it means if you have to do it next year you're more likely to succeed
i think my uni appreciated me applying twice and saying "yeah i didn't do so well last year due to Considerations but im not giving up just like a real chemist" in a sort of more whimsical way than that obvs cos what kind of tiny personal statement would that be

like its ok to be constantly critical about your art but only if it gets something done i.e. if you're constructively critical about it like "oh my anatomy is crap i'll browse through physiology books tommorow but tonight im having gin and scowling at awful people on come dine w/ me"

like of course you're allowed a little bit of tantruming about your art too where you go "I CANT DRAW TODAY" and you throw your drawing pad on the floor because you're only human like the rest of us but just dont make it a habit like 80% of deviantart does like it will pass

on the whole i find unis for art to be a bit of an Awkward experience unless you've done a lot of prepwork beforehand
i am not sure exactly where it is or what you're in the stage of right now but have you considered looking for Foundation Year art courses instead???? unless you've just done one in which case der der der me
or possibly picking out a BA with a foundation year so that student finance covers it unless you got the Cash Money for paying upfront for it

the thing about getting into a uni for sure is you have to be v distincitve like when they ask for your portfolio if you present it in an innovative way rather than just flipping through a sketchbook  and its v. hard to do this w/o thinking about it a lot beforehand
if you don't get in this year then i can honestly say its not the end of the world - - just try again next year and keep trying until you get in if its what you want to do

I think what's putting me off doing another year is that I won't get in again. I really don't want to have to apply 3 times :u. I'm doing an NC just now, I have no idea what the english equivalent is? After that you can do a HNC/D and if you do a HND it usually gets you onto the 2nd/3rd year of a uni course. A foundation course here is like part of a degree i think and dundee is the only place that does that.
It didn't help that my interview was just really weird and awkward either. Just 3 people coming round to talk to you in 5 minute bursts and one of them was just like 'okay.. cool, yes, mmh,' and it put me off a bit. I don't think I showed enough ~development~ but eh.
I don't usually put myself down that much these days unless it's warranted haha. Yeah I'm not one of those people on dA that constantly posts 'b'aww my art sucks i'm going to leave goodbye'.
Plus my course just now ugh. It was really fun the first semester, lots of drawing and painting and fun things. Now my timetable is terrible and everyone is generally feeling crap.
I've got a conditional for a visual communications hnc so i'm probably going to accept that and try and decide what to do by june.
idk i've been looking at teaching and there are a few courses i can apply for so all is not lost!

Offline That Girl in the 'Roo Suit

• "You'll go far with your compassion. But unless you have the tenacity, you'll never make it to the top"
  • Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • WE ROXOR U THEN U AM CRY
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #3607 on: April 14, 2013, 17:04 »
Rossco and Karen are moving out today =[
-~-
Well did she make you cry? Make you break down?
Shatter your illusions of love?
And is it over now? Do you know how
To pick up the pieces and go home?
-~-

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #3608 on: April 15, 2013, 20:41 »
Boston Marathon bombing :< I hope everyone is safe

Offline Shaymin

• Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #3609 on: April 18, 2013, 19:33 »
i miss my role play partner so much
reading over old messages ust
made me start crying

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
Re: what's depressing you right now?
« Reply #3610 on: April 18, 2013, 21:08 »
The fact that alot of my friends don't like me anymore. ;;

Join the club.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Silverwing Bloodsplash

• Hey bros, since when I was a
  • Rob Fan
  • Sexy Smooth Silver Swagger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3611 on: April 19, 2013, 02:57 »
How no one's on when I'm on. It makes my face sad.
.-v-.

Offline Moon Chaser

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3612 on: April 21, 2013, 00:04 »
Chocolate may make problems better until you eat too much and get stomach ache.

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #3613 on: April 24, 2013, 14:29 »
My great granny died yesterday ugh it was out of the blue and completely unexpected. I just can't believe it at all :(

Offline Shaymin

• Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #3614 on: April 24, 2013, 15:54 »
My great granny died yesterday ugh it was out of the blue and completely unexpected. I just can't believe it at all :(
*hugs* :c

i'm halfway through eating my ninth milky way crispy rolls
and earlier i had an entire pack of cadbury fingers to myself

i should stop eating so much junk