Author Topic: what's saddening you right now?  (Read 342634 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 11 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
  • ask your local askljdlaskjd
    • View Profile
Re: what's saddening you right now?
« Reply #3975 on: May 11, 2014, 23:26 »
Google just reminded me today was mothers day and now I'm just depressed. Mothers day really sucks if you don't have a mother. Or, at least, she's never around and you haven't actually seen her in years... don't mind me, I'm just going to sit over here and be upset for a while. I'll be fine.
When it comes down to it, the difference between healing and necromancy is timing.

Offline the bread dragon

• my furniture has come alive
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3976 on: May 13, 2014, 02:36 »
my friends getting bullied and its like
bAd
and unfortunately
95% of its my fault
how do i get myself into these situations gaH

Wolstenholme

« Reply #3977 on: May 14, 2014, 20:03 »
Exam stress *sighs*

I had an English Language and a History exam today and though the English Language one went well I just have this horrible feeling that I've failed this exam (although I do have another one next week too) but I've got my Literature exam on Friday and I don't feel good about it at all.

This is really upsetting me because I know that I'm gonna do better in my least favourite subject (Media) than I am in my two favourites which means that I might have to continue doing Media next year and drop History or Lit and I just wanna cry because I don't want to have to drop things I like because I've failed them.

It's times like these when I believe God might be real and is telling me that I'm not cut out for Lit and History and that I shouldn't be doing them by making me fail my exams idk I just don't feel cut out for A-Levels at all. I feel too young for this amount of pressure. I feel like Year 6 SATs may still be too much for me. Absolutely no confidence in my own knowledge but what else can I even do.

The future looks dark, my friends.

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3978 on: May 14, 2014, 20:45 »
In a similar vein to you in terms of exams, I feel like I've failed my Biology exam. Chemistry is absolutely horrible (says something when I mistype it easily), but Physics is actually pretty good. Physics might have to be an A to pull up the overall grade for additional science.

I am taking Biology at A-level, which isn't going to happen if I completely mess up my science. My A in core Biology wouldn't be enough to get me into the course without a decent additional Biology grade :(

I'm not concerned about getting 5 GCSEs A*-C, I'm confident I'll get the grades...just not in additional science. Fortunate that French / Sociology / English / Maths are easy to pass due to my skillset (not being cocky trying to be positive here!), and core science is a GCSE on its own.

I'd really really love an additional science grade too though :(

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3979 on: May 14, 2014, 20:49 »
Exam stress *sighs*

I had an English Language and a History exam today and though the English Language one went well I just have this horrible feeling that I've failed this exam (although I do have another one next week too) but I've got my Literature exam on Friday and I don't feel good about it at all.

This is really upsetting me because I know that I'm gonna do better in my least favourite subject (Media) than I am in my two favourites which means that I might have to continue doing Media next year and drop History or Lit and I just wanna cry because I don't want to have to drop things I like because I've failed them.

It's times like these when I believe God might be real and is telling me that I'm not cut out for Lit and History and that I shouldn't be doing them by making me fail my exams idk I just don't feel cut out for A-Levels at all. I feel too young for this amount of pressure. I feel like Year 6 SATs may still be too much for me. Absolutely no confidence in my own knowledge but what else can I even do.

The future looks dark, my friends.

the future's definitely not dark, if you're finding this year tough they you can talk with the people at 6th Form and they should let you retake the year so you feel more comfortable about doing your A Levels. It's what I should have done but instead I just crammed all the work into summer of Y13. Failing isn't a bad thing, if anything it allows you to build and learn from this. If History and English Lit are the two you want to focus on then despite the grades you should be allowed to carry on with them too. A Level is more of a process to determine what you really want to do in life and if you're so determined on those two subjects then you make it clear you want to do them otherwise you will end up not doing what you enjoy and it'll make higher education feel a waste.

I know exams and stuff are stressful but it's okay. I'm not saying take it easy by any means but don't overly stress about them. There are alternatives which may take longer to get what you want but they will get the same end result. That's the great thing about being Y12 because it doesn't have to be so easy immediately. Taking longer is not a bad thing =]

Wolstenholme

« Reply #3980 on: May 14, 2014, 21:01 »
I'm not really sure what to say other than that this has cheered me up a lot. I know there's the possibility of retaking exams to get better grades although I'd much rather be safe in the knowledge that I'd done well this year and then just focus on my actual A2s next year but this stuff has made me reconsider. I've definitely gotten the kick up the back side I well and truly deserved this year but to be fair. I think the only reason that I'm so stressed over these exams is because I have a lot to live up to. Both my parents and my bother did A levels and they all did unbelievably well and I feel like I have to match their grades which were like all As whereas I'm finding it hard to even get Cs and even though my family are being really supportive I just feel that if I don't even meet my targets (Cs) I'll be letting them down because they're all like prodigies and then I'm just... not at all. idk. Thanks for cheering me up though  :)

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3981 on: May 14, 2014, 21:08 »
I'm not really sure what to say other than that this has cheered me up a lot. I know there's the possibility of retaking exams to get better grades although I'd much rather be safe in the knowledge that I'd done well this year and then just focus on my actual A2s next year but this stuff has made me reconsider. I've definitely gotten the kick up the back side I well and truly deserved this year but to be fair. I think the only reason that I'm so stressed over these exams is because I have a lot to live up to. Both my parents and my bother did A levels and they all did unbelievably well and I feel like I have to match their grades which were like all As whereas I'm finding it hard to even get Cs and even though my family are being really supportive I just feel that if I don't even meet my targets (Cs) I'll be letting them down because they're all like prodigies and then I'm just... not at all. idk. Thanks for cheering me up though  :)

That mentality really isn't the best way to approach it though, the only comparisons you should be making is with yourself. There's no point trying to compare it to family or whoever else because  it's ultimately how you perform that dictates your grades and everyone's natural intelligence, academic intelligence and retention of information is different. I always used to compare myself to family and friends and that ultimately caused me to underachieve massively. You should set your own targets based on your own ability as that's the best way to constantly improve. Your family being supportive shows that what they did isn't relevant and they just want to see you do the best you can =]

Just thought I'd be helpful since I made a lot of mistakes and I'd rather not see anyone make the same ones ^^;

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #3982 on: May 14, 2014, 23:44 »
 Just this sociology exam tomorrow. I'm personally confident but I'm fully aware of the fact that this might be the first test that I outright fail.

The only way I can describe it is playing an RPG and fully upgrading all your equipment and weapons, magic, whatever and going into a cave and finding the boss you wanted to fight was still 10 levels higher than you.

It's sort of... I'm as prepared as I can be and I'll look through my booklet in the morning for last minute concepts but there's a high chance that I will fail and I would have wasted a year doing so. It's not bad considering that I don't like sociology but A2 sociology is all about ethnic groups and crime and stuff and I really want to do it.

I suppose, I'll try and do my best with this and revise like crazy for the ethnicity paper next week.

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #3983 on: May 15, 2014, 04:18 »
just wanna talk about my feelings to one person without them making it about them and trying to one up me

"i doubt theyd care much if i left anyway"
"theyd care even less if i left"

thanks but consider this: shut up about yourself and listen to me like you never do for like 5 minutes please lol

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #3984 on: May 15, 2014, 09:38 »
^ one of my friends does that as well its so annoying. "My problems/life are worse than yours waaaa because xyz"
hope you're okay though!

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #3985 on: May 17, 2014, 11:41 »
sat here in my jammies cause it's, y'know, hot as heck, and only one of my windows open and the motorway is really loud today and there is no wind
why god why

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3986 on: May 21, 2014, 21:59 »
I've got my two least favourite exams tomorrow, and on the same day too :(

Like.... English Poetry is the most stupid thing on any curriculum ever, what does it matter if we can understand poetry? The English course is way too full of analysis and not enough creativeness imo =/

And Human Geography is just evil in every sense of the word =/ I can't do it at all, like in my mock I got a really high A in physical geography and an A in my coursework but then a D in human geography =/

And they're both like 1h30m - 1h45m >_>
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3987 on: May 21, 2014, 22:27 »
Like.... English Poetry is the most stupid thing on any curriculum ever, what does it matter if we can understand poetry? The English course is way too full of analysis and not enough creativeness imo =/

I don't particularly like poetry either. Do you get an unseen poem question? They're pretty easy apparently.

Animal Farm is a book I can't stand, and that's an exam tomorrow :( It's fine if you throw Of Mice and Men at me but not Animal Farm :/

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3988 on: May 21, 2014, 22:30 »
I don't particularly like poetry either. Do you get an unseen poem question? They're pretty easy apparently.

Animal Farm is a book I can't stand, and that's an exam tomorrow :( It's fine if you throw Of Mice and Men at me but not Animal Farm :/

Yeah, we get an unseen, and I've always struggle with them because I overanalyse when the mark scheme only asks for really obvious things =/

And I don't like Animal Farm much either, but I actually prefered it to OMAM xD Had that exam on Tuesday, and it was half easy half /impossible/, which unfortunately doesn't give a brilliant grade xD
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝