Author Topic: what's saddening you right now?  (Read 342691 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
Re: what's saddening you right now?
« Reply #3990 on: May 21, 2014, 22:38 »
Yeah, we get an unseen, and I've always struggle with them because I overanalyse when the mark scheme only asks for really obvious things =/

And I don't like Animal Farm much either, but I actually prefered it to OMAM xD Had that exam on Tuesday, and it was half easy half /impossible/, which unfortunately doesn't give a brilliant grade xD

I did too on Tuesday...I liked the OMAM exam (haha totally thinking of a different thing when I use OMAM instead xD) to be honest. Thankfully I knew a lot about context, which helped a tonne. Animal Farm is horrible though, there is context but it's horrible to remember what each character represents. Good luck with your exams though and don't worry too much.

(and back to sadness D:)

I prefer creative writing though so hmph. *shrugs*

Offline Awkward Squirtle

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3991 on: May 21, 2014, 23:05 »
I think Animal Farm's more interesting. I wish we'd had that over OMAM. OMAM is just like let's kill the nice guy and the moral of the story is that you'll never achieve your dreams.

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #3992 on: May 22, 2014, 09:00 »
It's not the end of the world if you fail your exams, just do the best you can. Yes it's horrible come August to see the result you didn't want but you can always resit next year.
I kinda miss doing exams, instead of just having one deadline for all your work -_-

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3993 on: May 22, 2014, 11:24 »
we're stuck doing lord of the flies and uuuuggggghh i read it in year 8 and hated it but i love to kill a mockingbird so i guess you win some and you lose some

i loved animal farm so much that i read 1984 right afterwards though and yeah they were p disturbing and yeah i thought i was the cleverest 'i read orwell books so i know everything there is to know about marxism and communism' person ever, but all of that aside - they were pretty interesting books and idk maybe it's because we did animal farm in year 9 for some reason so there wasn't as much in the way of pressure

thanks gl <3

Wolstenholme

« Reply #3994 on: May 22, 2014, 15:39 »
You were all doing Orwell and crap and I was there with the second most boring play ever (after Abigail's Party) - the Crucible, OMAM and War Poetry and I still like Lit more than you guys. Although War Poetry was fantastic.

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3995 on: May 22, 2014, 16:07 »
lol no i'm doing the crucible as well but what's abigail's party is it about abigail throwing a party?

thanks gl <3

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3996 on: May 22, 2014, 16:11 »
You were all doing Orwell and crap and I was there with the second most boring play ever (after Abigail's Party) - the Crucible, OMAM and War Poetry and I still like Lit more than you guys. Although War Poetry was fantastic.

Hey, the only thing I don't really like is doing AF and poetry...isn't too bad really, but some of the poems are annoying. I like Literature otherwise :P

In general I did War Poems / Animal Farm / OMAM / An Inspector Calls (which was pretty fun to do honestly) and a few other things during GCSE English (I say I did because I'm virtually finished after today's exam).

I'm starting to get close to leaving and well...it might be hard to see others leave, but I'm ok with that for now.

inb4 tears on last day

Wolstenholme

« Reply #3997 on: May 22, 2014, 16:28 »
I wish we'd done An Inspector Calls, I've seen it, it's really good!

Abigail's Party is about a group of adults who throw a party whilst Abigail (one of the character's daughters) has another party, which we never see, down the road. Basically everyone gets drunk and then one of them dies and it's supposed to be a comedy or a comedy/drama but it isn't comedic or dramatic and I had to write like 1500 words about how funny it is. I hate that play.

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3998 on: May 22, 2014, 16:30 »
Hey, the only thing I don't really like is doing AF and poetry...isn't too bad really, but some of the poems are annoying. I like Literature otherwise :P

In general I did War Poems / Animal Farm / OMAM / An Inspector Calls (which was pretty fun to do honestly) and a few other things during GCSE English (I say I did because I'm virtually finished after today's exam).

I'm starting to get close to leaving and well...it might be hard to see others leave, but I'm ok with that for now.

inb4 tears on last day

They're the exact things I did in English, which is odd when there's about 20 books to choose from and 4 poetry anthologies xD

And I'm sad because my friend answered the wrong question on the geography paper and now she's really worried she's going to fail horribly =/
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline Liam

• 1337 Donator
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #3999 on: May 22, 2014, 16:31 »
of mice and men was jokes lenny got blazed up

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4000 on: May 22, 2014, 17:53 »
I wish I got to do Animal Farm in school. Then again Of Mice and Men led to some pretty special accents from my teacher lol

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #4001 on: May 22, 2014, 18:07 »
When I did English we did To Kill a Mockingbird, Chocolat, the Shawshank Redemption, Macbeth and a bunch of sad poems, one was the war photographer and another about Marilyn Monroe. Obviously not all in the same year!

the english department in my school liked picking depressing stuff, i'm pretty sure in first year we studied Edgar Allan Poe's the black cat?? Also Skellig and the Tulip Touch.

On the flipside we watched this amazing film in second year:

(props if you know what it is from lmao)

Wolstenholme

« Reply #4002 on: May 22, 2014, 18:13 »
Well my school's English department was a little messed up because the head of English had to have a triple heart bypass and then decided he'd cut down on teaching and did another job in the school so they started changing everything and then one night I stayed in the English department for an open evening and now the school runs my syllabus for English up until year 9.

I suggested:
Year 7 - Holes by Louis Sachar (love it love it love it)
Year 8 - The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde (fabbby book)
Year 9 - Start OMAM early but chuck in some Macbeth too.

guess which books turned up in the delivery bay a couple of weeks later? all those listed.

I pretty much ran that school last year.

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #4003 on: May 22, 2014, 18:17 »
for gcse i recall doing an inspector calls and of mice and men. my brother did an inspector calls and about a boy

also i'm sad that anyone would vote ukip. why. why would you do that.

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4004 on: May 22, 2014, 20:07 »
I also had to do Educating Rita. Not even Michael Caine could salvage that one.