Author Topic: Buffalo Chicken  (Read 6392 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
Buffalo Chicken
« on: February 03, 2015, 14:55 »
Buffalo chicken, often prepared as wings, tenders, or even nuggets, are pretty much one of the best options American cuisine has to offer. While they're often used in conjunction with 'merican sporting events like football, they also have plenty of use in sandwiches or served as is.

If you haven't tried buffalo chicken before, you should make them as soon as possible. For a simple way to make them, first cook your chicken part of choice. Make sure the chicken either has skin attached, or its fried. Melt a half of a cup of butter or so, and then add that and about a third a cup of your favorite cayenne hot sauce into a bowl you can use for mixing. Some people at this point add salt or other seasonings, but it's not really needed. Mix the chicken and sauce together, and voila - spicy buffalo chicken wings. Depending on which kind of hot sauce and how much you use is what makes them anywhere from mild spiciness to hot enough to force tears from your eyes.

If you make them too hot, you'd likely enjoy dousing them in Bleu cheese dressing or ranch dressing.

So, what are your opinions on buffalo chicken? How hot do you like them? Do you have any spices you would recommend when making them? Are you a wings person or a tenders person?

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
Re: Buffalo Chicken
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 15:06 »
I'd give it a go, but it's got to do something special to get past Nando's.
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 15:37 »
sounds like nandos yeah

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 15:41 »
ive never been to nandos? it seems overrated and i think one direction sang for them once or something???????

also what is a good cayenne pepper sauce? we dont got much sense of them in the uk so i don't really know much bout it, would i be Forcibly Irradiated for using schriacha????

also!!!!!!!!!! petition to make this vid the official February Puk vid
(i luv harold i want to marry him and wendyvainity and randys133 in a poly wedding)
           

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 15:45 »
ive never been to nandos? it seems overrated and i think one direction sang for them once or something???????

Nah that was Ed Sheeran, and yeah Nando's is very overrated. Better off buying your own piri piri sauce and cooking all the other stuff yourself =]

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2015, 15:50 »
I looked up Nandos and it seems like it's a similar thing. I actually got curious (it looks good) and it looks like while it is still hot wings, they're prepared with a bit more complexity. Also served in a different style. Now I really wanna try some, but the closest ones to me are in Maryland which is still like 4 hours away.

I'm not sure what's available in the UK, but my family loves to use Texas Pete's. I have friends that use Frank's Red Hot too. And my brother and I have tried it with Sriracha, and it was pretty good in my opinion, but it's not as good as the hot sauce. I blame the difference in consistentency.

Offline Clairefable

• worst jobby
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
    • abandon hope all ye who enter here
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2015, 15:51 »
Buffalo chicken (especially wings) is the nuts. One day I'll make it to the US and get the proper gear rather than the junk we get here. Though there's a pub in town that does buffalo wings and dipping them into the blue cheese dip and then the pepper sauce is like omg so amazing. I need to have them soon! Nandos isn't even in the same league.

Frank's Red Hot sauce is pretty good but I find Cholula to be a good choice too.

I really like food.

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2015, 15:52 »
off for a cheeky nandos now  8)

I went to nandos before i'd heard of it and was so confused as to why all you could get was chicken and some form of potatoes??? i left and went somewhere else instead lol but i'd prob like it i guess

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2015, 15:55 »
we should set up a uk/us trade liason cos goddamn if i dont want all ur varieties of chilli peppers you got over there like mexican food in the uk is a couple packets and a couple tins of horrid sauce and thats it. sigh.

we could give you british cuisine like "sprouts boiled in cabbage water for 10 hours"

really gotta get me some proper US supplies like claire says and try it out
cos altho it was a Weird Appropriation like i very much approved of the pulled pork i tried in the slowcooker once (can you believe how hard it is to get bone-in pork shoulder over here holy christ) and i think i really need to expand my American Food abilities

for real though we're thinking of growing our own chillis cos the one good mexican style product u could get here (pickled red jalapeños) have stopped bein made so with any luck we could try makin our own hot sauce????? id call it beth's blistered anus sauce and no-one would buy it

edit: the one American place i have tried was in Spain, strangley enough. it was this place called Fosters Hollywood and u could get a burger medium-rare ohhhhhhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHH my god it was so good
they legit dont do medium rare beef here cos of the mad cow

edit: this post doesn't make a lot of sense but im ill for the first time this winter so
           

Offline Clairefable

• worst jobby
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2015, 15:59 »
they legit dont do medium rare beef here cos of the mad cow

OH MAN THE STRUGGLE. I like my steak to be still mooing on the plate but when you ask for rare steak they're like "lol ok medium? " and I'm like "No don't even waste the electricity heating the thing up I want it RAW" and they're still like "Ok one medium steak coming up!!"

Luckily I'm not a fussy eater so I still devour it but it's the principle!

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2015, 16:02 »
You can definitely make your own hot sauce, yeah! Peppers are also really easy to grow, preserve well via freezing, and you can make salsa with them. Another cool pepper dish if you're gonna grow them is to cut them open, cook them, and then put cream cheese or cheese in them. You can fry them too and that's hella good too.

And you poor people live your lives without cooking your burgers rare? You guys do rare steaks, right? Is there such a dip in quality between burger and steak there?

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2015, 16:08 »
You can definitely make your own hot sauce, yeah! Peppers are also really easy to grow, preserve well via freezing, and you can make salsa with them. Another cool pepper dish if you're gonna grow them is to cut them open, cook them, and then put cream cheese or cheese in them. You can fry them too and that's hella good too.

is this that Poppers thing people keep talking about

(no not THOSE sorts of poppers)

And you poor people live your lives without cooking your burgers rare? You guys do rare steaks, right? Is there such a dip in quality between burger and steak there?

basically in the uk there was this thing in the 90s where we had this big scare about a neurodegenaritive disease you might be able to catch from beef

and it led to what people literally called "The Beef War" in the media but basically the result of it was that every british person went off beef and no-one cooked their burgers anything outside of "charred lump of charcoal" cos they were all worried they'd get the BSE

as you can tell we british people aint got anything better to do than be paranoid and overreactive abotu everything in the agricultural sector, see also "foot and mouth disease"

edit: its ironic cos we're meant to have the better milk standards than the US yet we cant manage to keep beef in order at all
win some lose some i guess
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 16:11 by LOOK AROUND YOG. »
           

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2015, 16:14 »
Medium rare beef >>>>>>>>>>>>

man I just want to eat crap loads of American foods and stuff now

Offline Clairefable

• worst jobby
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2015, 16:35 »

Well, the menus say rare, but... D: Like Beth said, most people are too scared of meat that hasn't been incinerated. But I mean for Christ's sake, I'm Scottish and our most famous food is sheeps innards boiled in it's own stomach (also delicious btw), so I don't get why people are so squeamish about a little bit of pink meat. Mmmmmm rare steak.

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2015, 16:53 »
Well, the menus say rare, but... D: Like Beth said, most people are too scared of meat that hasn't been incinerated. But I mean for Christ's sake, I'm Scottish and our most famous food is sheeps innards boiled in it's own stomach (also delicious btw), so I don't get why people are so squeamish about a little bit of pink meat. Mmmmmm rare steak.

would you believe i never got to try haggis yet either????? i hear its a real treat
like all herby and like a really nice sausagemeat type thing and stuff???? hell yeh give me a nice big hunk o meatiness in me mouf