Author Topic: MTP USB driver isn't installing  (Read 876 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Petzbreeder

• Also known as Brally
  • Joeno Fan
  • I play my games in French sometimes.
    • View Profile
MTP USB driver isn't installing
« on: November 09, 2016, 21:41 »
I'm having a little issue with my 6th gen iPod Touch. I discovered earlier today that I can't import pictures from my iPod to my pc. I've tried troubleshooting the issue with Windows support websites and Windows 7 itself, but I can't seem to fix it.

I get an error saying that the MTP USB driver didn't install properly. I've uninstalled the iPod driver, but when I try to reinstall it, the MTP driver didn't install with it like it is supposed to.

My iPod shows up perfectly fine when I view it in Itunes, I just can't import pictures.

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr

Offline Petzbreeder

• Also known as Brally
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
Re: MTP USB driver isn't installing
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 12:31 »
google is ur friend

Obviously, Google doesn't want to be my friend, as I've searched everywhere and I still have the problem. I've followed all sorts of tutorials and I can't seem to get any of them to work.

I looked in the device manager and the MTP USB device is there, it just says This device cannot start (code 10). Would uninstalling the device and reinstalling it from scratch work?

Many of the tutorials say to click the update driver button in the MTP USB device properties, but it's greyed out and I can't click it.

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2016, 12:43 »
did you do anything involving installing/uninstalling/reinstalling something related to "usbaapl" at any point when going thru tutorials? and are you using a usb port on the front of the computer or the back?

the most promising/informational topic i managed to find on this is here, you ran thru all those steps first?

edit: an annoying "HI CAN I HELP U" box pops up on that site apparently and i didn't notice this cos of my paranoid infosec NoScript stuff so i guess just be prepared to click X on it or w/e.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 12:47 by Lord Thistlewick Flanders »
           

Offline Petzbreeder

• Also known as Brally
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2016, 15:28 »
I had a little chat with someone on the website in the chat window that popped up and explained my problem. Now they expect me to pay them? To heck with that!

The problem isn't that I can't connect to Itunes, I'm able to connect there just fine. I just can't access the folder where the photos are stored by opening the iPod directly.

I go to My Computer, where the iPod should show up, but it doesn't, so I can't access the folder.

Offline Del

• yo
  • Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2016, 21:43 »
That's not an issue with the USB, that's just how iPod's work unless you set iTunes to not automatically sync no? Try disabling auto-sync or whatever the option for the iPod is and you should be able to access the iPod's file storage then I think? I don't know I stopped using Apple devices a while ago but that's how I remember it working however long ago it was I had an iPod Touch.
My mom bought me this new laptop and it gets really hot when the chat is being spammed. Now my leg is starting to hurt because it is getting so hot. Please, if you don't want me to get burned, then don't spam the chat.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Petzbreeder

• Also known as Brally
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2016, 23:07 »
I discovered that I can e-mail the picture from my iPod to my pc. I didn't know iPods could do that!

I guess I don't need to access the pictures folder directly anymore. The picture I wanted to transfer is going to be for a project I'm working on. I'm glad I managed to get it transferred in the end.