Rock
Ice
Bug
Dragon
Ghost
Dark
Steel
Fairy

Author Topic: Pokemon Types!  (Read 1496 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Toxiferous

• Pokemon Fan
    • View Profile
Pokemon Types!
« on: January 13, 2016, 23:23 »
I'm working on a Fakemon generation and I want to see what the general favorites are; this will help me with figuring out the typing for the fakes and the result designs.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Types!
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 23:29 »
Just so you know, this is under the wrong board, but i'l help you out anyways. I personally am a fire fan.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Petzbreeder

• Also known as Brally
  • Joeno Fan
  • I play my games in French sometimes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 00:21 »
I've always been a fan of water types.

E.C.A.M.B.S.

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 00:43 »
I like Poison types the best

Offline Clairefable

• worst jobby
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
    • abandon hope all ye who enter here
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2016, 21:34 »
I've always loved Ground types but I'm also really taken with Fairy types these days as well...

MonsterMon64

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2016, 13:25 »
Water-types are my fave, followed closely by Fighting-types. Still waiting for a Water/Fighting starter, myself; between Poliwrath and Keldeo, it's a very rare dual typing to begin with...

E.C.A.M.B.S.

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2016, 01:36 »
^ I was hoping that would be Greninja when X and Y hadn't yet been out.

Oh... and I thought that the Dragon type would surely get the most votes. I wonder if it has anything to do with the nerf that came with the introduction of Fairy types in Gen 6..

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2016, 02:08 »
I like Dragon the best but the typing I still can't believe doesn't exist yet and am waiting for is Fire/Poison.
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

MonsterMon64

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2016, 00:04 »
^Fire/Poison might be cool. Granted it'd probably want Levitate, but slap Limber on it and it's immune to three major status ailments. Not bad if you ask me =P

I was hoping that would be Greninja when X and Y hadn't yet been out.
I wasn't thinking Froakie would honestly end up being Water/Fighting, even back when all we had to go off of was Froakie itself. (early guesses of mine were Water/Poison and Water/Flying, to be fair)  As neat as it'd have been, though, I also feel like a Water/Fighting frog would just be blatantly stealing Poliwrath's thunder,* So I don't really mind what we got.

*Say what you will about three Fire/Fighting starter lines in a row, at least Infernape and Emboar aren't chickens.

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2016, 00:25 »
I was thinking Fire/Poison as the Mega of Weezing. It makes sense since Weezing is based off of smog which is produced from smoke and pollution. I was picturing Weezing surrounded by a thick black cloud around its entire body and flames occasionally bursting out from the sides. So yeah it'd get Levitate as the Ability.

The tables were turned.

Plz Click!

E.C.A.M.B.S.

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2016, 02:49 »
I wasn't thinking Froakie would honestly end up being Water/Fighting, even back when all we had to go off of was Froakie itself. (early guesses of mine were Water/Poison and Water/Flying, to be fair)  As neat as it'd have been, though, I also feel like a Water/Fighting frog would just be blatantly stealing Poliwrath's thunder,* So I don't really mind what we got.

Kind of like how Gen 5 stole Gen 1's thunder and how the cute electric types of each gen stole Pikachu's thunder (no pun intended). Anyway Poliwrath is often overlooked so I wouldn't have minded a better Water/Fighting frog, especially when one is a starter and the other isn't

I was thinking Fire/Poison as the Mega of Weezing. It makes sense since Weezing is based off of smog which is produced from smoke and pollution. I was picturing Weezing surrounded by a thick black cloud around its entire body and flames occasionally bursting out from the sides. So yeah it'd get Levitate as the Ability.

That's a first because I don't know of any Mega Evolution that has the same ability as the Pokémon itself.

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2016, 09:38 »
Kind of like how Gen 5 stole Gen 1's thunder and how the cute electric types of each gen stole Pikachu's thunder (no pun intended). Anyway Poliwrath is often overlooked so I wouldn't have minded a better Water/Fighting frog, especially when one is a starter and the other isn't

That's a first because I don't know of any Mega Evolution that has the same ability as the Pokémon itself.

The Lati, Abomasnow, Medicham, Tyranitar, Audino, and Scizor have the same Abilities as their regular counterparts. In Scizor's and Audino's case it is one of their regular Abilities but the Megas still have a chance of not changing Abilities.

The tables were turned.

Plz Click!

Offline Meowstic

• Pokemon Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2016, 14:21 »
Water is the best.