Author Topic: The 'try and keep up with ridiculous counting rules' game  (Read 151674 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
Re: The 'try and keep up with ridiculous counting rules' game
« Reply #4560 on: April 26, 2014, 13:29 »
You're correct.

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4561 on: April 26, 2014, 13:31 »
it's funny, the only two exams for GCSEs I revised I underachieved, was expected both As in English Lit and PE and I got a B and a C. English Lit was like a mark off but still.

I did exactly the same in English Language (we did it early in November because the curriculum would have changed if we'd done it in summer) - was predicted A and got a B. But tbh, with English I'm not bothered as long as it's above a C (to get into 6th form)

DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4562 on: April 26, 2014, 13:34 »
I did exactly the same in English Language (we did it early in November because the curriculum would have changed if we'd done it in summer) - was predicted A and got a B. But tbh, with English I'm not bothered as long as it's above a C (to get into 6th form)

See, we did Language early too and I was expected a B and ended up with an A so I was subsequently expected to get an A in Lit. Always preferred Language too.

oh, I also revised for a Maths GCSE exam that I ended up not being allowed to do. That was annoying, stopped me from getting an A* in it too :(

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4563 on: April 26, 2014, 14:14 »
That sucks - why couldn't you do it? =/

...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4564 on: April 26, 2014, 14:38 »
In our school for Maths it was based on (can't even remember what it was properly called, was so long ago lol) levels and that would dictate what grade you could get, so you had to get a good mark in Level 7 to get a C, 8 to get B, 9 to get A and 10 to get A*. They'd put your two highest levels scores together and average it out. I'd taken both 9 and 10 before and ended up with a low A but I wanted to retake to get A* but because my Level 9 wasn't great I asked to retake both. Revised for 10 mainly (since I'd been doing 9 stuff all in the class) because I really wanted to get an A*, turned up on the day for the exams but they wouldn't let me do both and decided for me that because my 9 needed improving the most I'd be doing that. Didn't tell me before the day of exams which made it worse.

Ended up getting a really high A but I was ready to get an A*.

oh well lol.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #4565 on: April 26, 2014, 14:48 »

Well, congrats to you man.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Delicious_Scout

• Pokémon Breeder (For Petz, ask Petzbreeder ;3)
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Buttébutt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4566 on: April 26, 2014, 14:59 »

I, for one, say that I, as the only regular user of the minigames found in Pokémon Global Link, find useful the regular prizes
-Friendship berries- in order to breed Pikachus.
Click on that smexy Tyranaggronigroking to visit my our IV Shop. And possibly buy something.

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4567 on: April 26, 2014, 15:03 »

In our school for Maths it was based on (can't even remember what it was properly called, was so long ago lol) levels and that would dictate what grade you could get, so you had to get a good mark in Level 7 to get a C, 8 to get B, 9 to get A and 10 to get A*. They'd put your two highest levels scores together and average it out. I'd taken both 9 and 10 before and ended up with a low A but I wanted to retake to get A* but because my Level 9 wasn't great I asked to retake both. Revised for 10 mainly (since I'd been doing 9 stuff all in the class) because I really wanted to get an A*, turned up on the day for the exams but they wouldn't let me do both and decided for me that because my 9 needed improving the most I'd be doing that. Didn't tell me before the day of exams which made it worse.

Ended up getting a really high A but I was ready to get an A*.

oh well lol.

That's stupid =/

I don't even know what the rules on re-doing the exams are now, I'm just hoping I don't need to.

Also seems like maths has changed a bit, assuming you're UK, now it's just two exams out of 100 and it's around 85-95%+ to get an A* (depends on the year) and about 75%+ to get an A.

I, for one, say that I, as the only regular user of the minigames found in Pokémon Global Link, find useful the regular prizes
-Friendship berries- in order to breed Pikachus.

I've never used GL, I can never be bothered to try it xD
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4568 on: April 26, 2014, 15:06 »
That's stupid =/

I don't even know what the rules on re-doing the exams are now, I'm just hoping I don't need to.

Also seems like maths has changed a bit, assuming you're UK, now it's just two exams out of 100 and it's around 85-95%+ to get an A* (depends on the year) and about 75%+ to get an A.

Yeah I'm UK, it was only AQA or OCR (can't even remember which it was) that did it that way, every other did it that way. I presume whichever board it was has changed it too since it's a bit of a flawed system.

Our school allowed you to do it, same for A Levels but you had to pay for the retakes yourself if you didn't improve lol

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4569 on: April 26, 2014, 15:14 »
Yeah I'm UK, it was only AQA or OCR (can't even remember which it was) that did it that way, every other did it that way. I presume whichever board it was has changed it too since it's a bit of a flawed system.

Our school allowed you to do it, same for A Levels but you had to pay for the retakes yourself if you didn't improve lol

Ah, we're on Edexcel I believe anyway, so that'd be why.

And our school always did allow resits, but the governments changed loads of laws and the school never seems to know what the current stance is xD

Like, I'd imagine when you were in GSCE year it was still coursework, right? And Everytime something was wrong the teacher could hand it back and it could be improved and stuff. They've got rid of that and now it's done in controlled conditions and once you hand it in no improvements can be made =/

...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4570 on: April 26, 2014, 16:21 »
Ohhh right
I haven't followed anything to do with legislation since I did A Level Law lol

Yeah had coursework for ICT and Business, ICT is another one where the school screwed me, you'd get the qualification based on how much work you provided and how much detail. Was on track to get 3 As and then they lost my folder (since it had to be printed out), ended up losing 2 years of work and for some reason I couldn't access any of my screenshots so I had to do it all again. Ended up just getting 2 Cs because of it =/ would have much preferred controlled conditions (we had that for one of the courseworks for A Level Business, I was the most productive in the class 8) )

Do miss school though haha

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4571 on: April 26, 2014, 16:42 »
That's annoying =/ With IT now it's almost all on the computer, so nothing can be lost (unless like the schools servers wiped or whatever xD), but it's all pretty boring stuff like databases and word processing (who DOESN'T know how to use word???). Wish they'd teach something like... Idk, Java or Flash, at least they're marginally interesting xD

And I do Business too, got an A in the Controlled Assessment I think. The grade boundaries are absurdly high for the exam though, it's like 39/40 for an A* and 38/40 to get an A >_>

...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4572 on: April 26, 2014, 16:45 »
Yeah we had to show we could send an email, open an email and crap like that for a C. Plus all Excel, Word and Access stuff. Really ICT should be used to teach coding and Flash at this point, it's why other countries are ahead on that perspective.

Ahh, at GCSE level I did Business as a BTEC so it was all coursework, 6 different units, went from a B to an A* in like two hours since I spent most of the time in lessons just messing around on games haha
if I'd done it properly I could have got all that coursework done by year 10 and done A Level coursework in Year 11. Oh well!

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4573 on: April 26, 2014, 17:28 »

That's what I always think too - countries like Japan are massively ahead in technology and stuff and then the UKs stuck teaching how to open emails till you're 16 and then you get to open attachments xD

And yeah, IT tends to be messing about on games for us, but our business teacher is way to strict to do it in her lesson =/ It's a shame really, because business is one of those lessons you can afford to mess about in xD
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline Delicious_Scout

• Pokémon Breeder (For Petz, ask Petzbreeder ;3)
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Buttébutt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4574 on: April 26, 2014, 17:34 »

We should learn how to discreetly touch butts.
Click on that smexy Tyranaggronigroking to visit my our IV Shop. And possibly buy something.