Author Topic: Hi!  (Read 1361 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline FlameWingzz

• Pokemon Fan
    • View Profile
Hi!
« on: October 22, 2015, 18:54 »
Just wanted to say hello. I only got Pokemon X a month or two ago so I'm relatively new, but I have aquired quite a lot of knowledge about the game since then.
My username is originally from Minecraft and I found this forum looking for what to name my Pokemon. I am 14 years old and female. :D
(Fun fact: I made a mod for Minecraft that got noticed by some famous youtubers who proceeded to make mod showcases about it. I estimate that around 22 million people have heard about it in total. That was back in January and the excitement has died down since then.)

The reason I joined this forum was to contribute my Pokemon nicknames. I like to put a lot of thought into what I name my Pokemon and I have some great ideas for others. My usual method is to translate words relating to the Pokemon into Latin and use different combinations and tricks to form a fitting name.

Also, here is my current Pokemon team (I like to give them personalities; it makes the game a little more amusing):

Giratina - "Female", shiny, generously gifted to me by a friend, I sometimes call "her" Tina
Personality - FABULOUS

Lunix - Male Lucario
Personality - Strong, brave, playful

Pyrrhus - Male Charizard*
Personality - A little too proud of himself

Fluffindor - Male Delphox* (First Pokemon <3) His name is supposed to sound like a wizard's.
Personality - Scaredy-cat, loves to read, shy

Gigawatt - Female Raichu*
Personality - Takes risks, daring

Latias - Also generously gifted to me by a friend
Personality - Cute
Note - I was so new to Pokemon I had no idea it was legendary and I used it for HMs... and I still do today because none of the other pokemon in my team can learn fly or surf -.-

Other Pokemon of mine that hold a special place in my heart:

Xervus - "Male" Xerneas* (Cervus = deer in Latin, replaced first letter with X. Also first legendary I caught myself)
Personality - Calm, wise

Zarpensus - Zygarde* (The name is from the Latin words for snake and green combined together, with the first letter charged to Z)
Personality - This guy was recently caught so I haven't made one up yet

Imitor - Mewtwo* (Imitor = imitate or copy in Latin, referencing how it's a second version of Mew)
Personality - Also recently caught.
Note - He took like two hours to catch because he'd either heal before I tried to catch him, escape what I threw at him, kill my Raichu, or be killed instantly by Tina. Thank God for timer balls.

*Named myself :)

Edit: Aww, it seems I can't submit any nicknames right now.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 18:58 by FlameWingzz »

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
Re: Hi!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 04:43 »
Yeah, sorry, the name rater has been absent recently so submissions were closed :( I noticed someone else made a rating thread so you could probably post the names there!

Welcome to the forum though, and I love the name Lunix for a Lucario!

Offline The name master

• The name rater's rival!
  • Joeno Fan
  • I rate your nicknames (unofficially)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 12:13 »
Yeah, sorry, the name rater has been absent recently so submissions were closed :( I noticed someone else made a rating thread so you could probably post the names there!

Welcome to the forum though, and I love the name Lunix for a Lucario!
I'm that person! Thanks for mentioning me!
Thanks to Inferna for one of the many reasons why I love Dragonite!

Offline Petzbreeder

• Also known as Brally
  • Joeno Fan
  • I play my games in French sometimes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 16:01 »
Xervus - "Male" Xerneas* (Cervus = deer in Latin, replaced first letter with X. Also first legendary I caught myself)
Personality - Calm, wise

I like this one.

Offline Tahmid ishraque

• Rob Fan
  • Be a pokemon lover!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2015, 08:04 »
Good idea! Keep it up.....