Poll

Who do you think is the best doctor who of all time?

William Hartnell
2 (2.6%)
Patrick Troughton
1 (1.3%)
Jon Pertwee
1 (1.3%)
Tom Baker
4 (5.2%)
Peter Davison
0 (0%)
Colin Baker
1 (1.3%)
Sylvester McCoy
2 (2.6%)
Paul McGann
2 (2.6%)
Christopher Eccleston
15 (19.5%)
David Tennant
32 (41.6%)
Matt Smith
17 (22.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 279739 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline FaFniR

• Sentret Fan
  • You maybe got lucky for a few good years
    • View Profile
Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #420 on: July 01, 2007, 19:22 »
Quote from: Wikipedia
Jack speculates how long he may live and how he may look after millions of years, before mentioning that he was the first person to join the Time Agency and a poster boy for his native Boeshane Peninsula; there, his good looks earned him the nickname "the Face of Boe".

There we go.

Jack is meant to be invincible. 'a point in time', a 'fact'. So he cannot die. But the face of boe (who we now know is jack) dies

liek....how o.O

He apparently finds a way eventually.

"Footloose and fancy-free, we set off among the adventure towns, seeking the next place, rather than our fortunes."

Role Play Riffs

LOL JOHTO REMAKE

Offline Latias Tamer

• WOCNWORBWONWO
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
I just went on the bbc website and there was information about series 4. It appears that Martha will be joining the Torchwood gang with Captain Jack for 3 episodes. But this doesn't cut her out of Doctor Who. She will be joining half way through Series 4 and return to the Tardis.

But this means for the period that she isn't around, there will be a new companion for the whole of series 4, so expect news on the new companion!!

Here's the link... http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/news/cult/news/drwho/2007/07/02/46692.shtml
Yes.

Offline The Librarian

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: July 02, 2007, 12:33 »
I knew she wouldn't be gone for long. I wonder who the new companion will be. Should find out soon though. I mean, it was around this time last year that we found out about Martha.

I wonder what she'll be doing at Torchwood though. Hmm
"SOME PEOPLE WILL DO ANYTHING FOR THE SHEER FASCINATION OF DOING IT, said Death. OR FOR FAME. OR BECAUSE THEY SHOULDN'T."

Offline MM|Spectreon

• Clappy clappy clappy~
  • Rex Fan
  • Ship out, kid! I said MOVE IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: July 02, 2007, 12:58 »
Just a thought: in 'The End Of The World', the Doctor says he 'ended up clinging to an iceberg', thereby implying that he had already been to 1912. Wouldn't that be crossing his own timeline?
Really needs HeartGold >.<
W:48 L:23

Offline LB

• Norwegian Wood
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • Tournée du Chat Noir
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: July 02, 2007, 14:52 »
Just a thought: in 'The End Of The World', the Doctor says he 'ended up clinging to an iceberg', thereby implying that he had already been to 1912. Wouldn't that be crossing his own timeline?

Well he's done that often enough so far!
"It occurred to me that this was what you might get if Walt Disney did an animated version of a Munch painting."

"It seemed to me that the longest imaginable distance separated irregular German verb forms from this kitchen table."

Offline Latias Tamer

• WOCNWORBWONWO
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: July 02, 2007, 15:57 »
Well it does say that he stopped a family from going on the Titanic, in the first episode. And that the next day it crashed. Maybe he left the day before the Titanic crashed, meaning he wouldn't be crossing timelines...
Yes.

Offline LAClennell

• Playstation Network and Xbox Live gamer
  • Joeno Fan
  • Mirage of Deceit
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: July 02, 2007, 17:40 »
Well it does say that he stopped a family from going on the Titanic, in the first episode. And that the next day it crashed. Maybe he left the day before the Titanic crashed, meaning he wouldn't be crossing timelines...
Do you not mean sunk? The Titanic sunk, not crashed
I only use original Pokéballs to catch Pokémon, nothing else. This is the sign of a true Pokémon Expert

Offline Pinsir24

• 21st October 2007, the day I became accepted as a
  • Joeno Fan
  • Credit to Sappy for this loyal avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: July 02, 2007, 18:28 »
...After crashing itself into an iceberg TARDIS iceberg.

So Timelords can resurrect themselves now? How on Earth did the Daleks wipe them out?

At last I'm a Forum Addict, you all must now... oh, oh darn. How long ago did that happen?

Offline Xagor

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: July 02, 2007, 18:40 »
I'm pretty sure the events at the end of the time war haven't actually been revealed yet, so we don't know how everyone died off.
3DS Friend Code:1676 3937 3524
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
http://tcgshiyo.wordpress.com/

Offline Pinsir24

• 21st October 2007, the day I became accepted as a
  • Joeno Fan
  • Credit to Sappy for this loyal avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: July 02, 2007, 18:53 »
I suspect that the Timelords wiped out both sides, but it has to be explained how the Daleks managed to get into, survive and tie a war with a timid species that could have just scooped them out of space and time, tied them up and left them somewhere if they wanted.

At last I'm a Forum Addict, you all must now... oh, oh darn. How long ago did that happen?

Offline LAClennell

• Playstation Network and Xbox Live gamer
  • Joeno Fan
  • Mirage of Deceit
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: July 02, 2007, 20:28 »
There is only one left. Maybe it will be in the Christmas Special with the Titanic.
I only use original Pokéballs to catch Pokémon, nothing else. This is the sign of a true Pokémon Expert

Offline FaFniR

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: July 02, 2007, 21:07 »
There is only one left. Maybe it will be in the Christmas Special with the Titanic.

No, Christmas Specials usually just involve some random generic aliens with some stupid generic motives whom the Doctor owns with ease after spending the episode sleeping/talking to a stupid guest star who can't make me laugh/etc.

I say Davros will bring back the Dalek Empire after helping Caan. Screw all these Caan = [insert ridiculous character theory here] ideas I've been hearing around the net.

"Footloose and fancy-free, we set off among the adventure towns, seeking the next place, rather than our fortunes."

Role Play Riffs

LOL JOHTO REMAKE

Offline Angelic Lapras King

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Angel Wings! Please Guide Me And The Lapras!
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery of Maddness
« Reply #432 on: July 02, 2007, 21:11 »
I'm pretty sure the events at the end of the time war haven't actually been revealed yet, so we don't know how everyone died off.

They re all stuck in Watches I tell ya! XP

"What did I say would happen if you got onto my back Oak?"

Offline LB

• Norwegian Wood
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • Tournée du Chat Noir
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: July 03, 2007, 00:39 »
Well, I've said nothing on the final part of this epic finale so far... so I shall now.

I thoroughly enjoyed the episode, highpoints being the Scissor Sisters song at the beginning, practically everything Martha Jones did, the Doctor's Jesus moment, and the Master's death scene. As well as the Jack = FOB conversation. And the Doctor and Martha's farewell. And the Titanic bit.

Oh, okay, I loved it all.

But there was something missing all the way through... that made it not quite Doomsday or The Parting of The Ways. It wasn't quite so heart-wrenching a season finale as they were - though perhaps that isn't a bad thing. I just remember crying buckets when the Doctor and Rose were trapped on opposite sides of the breach, and I suppose on some level I was hoping for something similar. But, emotionally charged though the Master's death and the various farewells were, none quite matched that.

However, on the whole, it was an excellent episode which pushed all the buttons, was epic, powerfully written, moving and entertaining. 4.5/5.

In other news... It's just been confirmed that Kylie Minogue is most certainly in this year's Christmas Special! So... let's speculate away, shall we?
"It occurred to me that this was what you might get if Walt Disney did an animated version of a Munch painting."

"It seemed to me that the longest imaginable distance separated irregular German verb forms from this kitchen table."

Offline FaFniR

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: July 03, 2007, 00:56 »
Here we go, Celebrity-To-Grab-Your-Attention Special again. Sigh... Sylvester McCoy is gonna be in it, so I'm happy about that.

And I really found most of this season boring. Too much Martha "Are you in love with the Doctor?" moments. Every. Freakin'. Episode. Except 'Blink', since it was written by a competent person/Martha wasn't in it much.

My opinions on season 3:

Smith and Jones - 1/5
The Shakespeare Code - 3.5/5
Gridlock - 2/5
Daleks in Manhattan - 4/5
Evolution of the Daleks - 2.5/5
The Lazarus Experiment - 4/5
42 - 2.5/5
Human Nature - 3.5/5
The Family of Blood - 4/5
Blink - 5/5
Utopia - 3.5/5
The Sound of Drums - 3/5
The Last of the Timelords - 2/5

Once RTD leaves, or gets it into his head that he isn't writing a lovey-dovey soap opera, I'll be happy. Hell, better yet, Steven Moffat needs to be head writer.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 01:10 by Ryuzaki »

Role Play Riffs

LOL JOHTO REMAKE