Author Topic: College/Uni!  (Read 5678 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
College/Uni!
« on: August 16, 2015, 02:55 »
I saw a discussion of first world problems about this and I think that this is something where if a lot of our members aren't of age yet, they're quickly coming of age and hopefully we can all impart some wisdom on each other and talk about stupid college stresses and all panic together during the last couple weeks of school when everything comes crashing down on us.

So, talk about where you're going or hope to go, if you're comfortable sharing that, what goals you wanna accomplish this year, etc.

This year I have two main goals: I really wanna get my GPA up, and I also wanna make some solid friendships. Although I gotta admit, the friends part almost seems like a waste, since I'm planning to transfer out of my university and to somewhere else. But, after I had a pretty massive falling out last year with my friends, I really need to get out there and be proactive with friendships. I'll probably swing by a few gaming club meetings and see what gamer friends I can pick up, but that kind of sucks because gaming club is on friday nights which... if there's one night i wanna dedicate not to gaming, it's friday night. The GPA part should be easy enough. My GPA just took a real dip because first semester I cut a bit too much class, and second semester I got into that car accident which really threw me for a loop.

I'm really glad my college FINALLY got a good green space! I think it's exactly what my school was missing last year. We used to have to literally play frisbee and stuff in the streets and parking lots and now i'll be able to just set up a towel and study out in the sun hopefully  8) and of course staying on track so i can hopefully go to italy is an objective haha

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
Re: College/Uni!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 03:35 »
I want to finish my second year of graduate school, be done with qualifying exams, and get a goddamn RA so i don't have to TA ever again.  Also, smoke less.
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 04:32 »
Also, smoke less.

Are you still just smoking hookah? Stop partying so hard, that will help.

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2015, 07:31 »
if i party harder it'll keep me away from the demon shisha

Offline That Girl in the 'Roo Suit

• "You'll go far with your compassion. But unless you have the tenacity, you'll never make it to the top"
  • Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • WE ROXOR U THEN U AM CRY
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2015, 12:35 »
Muhed you naughty boy! (Although chuck some hookah my way yo)

Also if anyone has anything they want to ask about university, feel free to ask away. I'm not a student any more, and unless I do a PhD I don't plan on being one any more, but I'm still very much a part of that community, so I'm not completely out of the loop yet =]
-~-
Well did she make you cry? Make you break down?
Shatter your illusions of love?
And is it over now? Do you know how
To pick up the pieces and go home?
-~-

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2015, 12:43 »
I wish I could actually stick to one course rather than 1) dropping out in the first semester or 2) failing at the end of the year rip

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2015, 16:42 »
if i party harder it'll keep me away from the demon shisha

not sure what demon shisha is, my friends and i started smoking dokha and i had no idea tobacco could mess you up that much. we actually stopped smoking hookah for a few weeks because our tolerance built up to the dokha REALLY quickly and regular hookah would legit do nothing which sucks because going to hookah bars is usually like a bi-weekly occurrence and they don't carry it.

i need to pick up a minifridge for my room still pretty badly. i also saw this idea for making an at-home projector setup and there's this area just off campus that's railroad tracks and under an overpass by a river and i REALLY wanna make a lazy projector setup there so we can watch movies there haha

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2015, 18:23 »
oh i meant that shisha is the demon

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2015, 10:01 »
I miss uni. Both of them.

Life was easier back then.
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2015, 12:18 »
my roommate finally showed up. she seems cool so far, but i feel like you don't know anyone's personality until the first few weeks are up. there's also this cute moroccan boy on my floor i talked to for a while last night. i have further gained the trust of the freshmen in my dorm because i had a gigantic tapestry to sit on for the movie being shown in the field. aaand i'm just killing time before my first class, microeconomics, right now

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2015, 17:34 »
 Uni has just sent me two reading lists for vital and recommended books and the two lists come up to about £250.

Guys.

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2015, 18:08 »
I'm moving tomorrow aaaaaaaa
I've got pretty much everything I need except food but I'm probably going to get it once I work out how much kitchen space I'll get.
Got an email saying how my flats windows haven't been fitted yet lol (it's a new build btw) so I've got to stay in a temporary flat in the same block for two weeks.
Going to miss my dogs the most though :'(

Offline not chloe

• Mulholland Fan
  • never more than 3 hours away from public meltdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2015, 18:14 »
Still 18 days until I move but I just did my very final uni shop (got some all-purpose heels for £8, too).

Signed up to my student account as well. Everything's coming up Milhouse.
Credit to Inferna for the teacup Chatot
surPrISE

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2015, 19:22 »
I got 26 days to go and the only thing I ain't lookin forward to is having to pay for the first year of my course. Rip the dream

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2015, 20:35 »
Uni has just sent me two reading lists for vital and recommended books and the two lists come up to about £250.

Guys.

Get the editions from a few years before, they'll be far cheaper on Amazon and there's also the Uni library which you can borrow some of the books from