Author Topic: Moves Pokemon Should Get  (Read 6138 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
Re: Moves Pokemon Should Get
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2013, 04:27 »
I was with you 'till this. Most pointless move ever.

Not really. It removed ALL stat changes, Spikes and Toxic Spikes, and Stealth Rock at the same time. Rapid Spin may rmove entry hazards but it can't get rid of stat changes.
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Offline The Entertainer

• If people learn from their mistakes, then I must be the smartest person in the world.
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2013, 09:55 »
Not really. It removed ALL stat changes, Spikes and Toxic Spikes, and Stealth Rock at the same time. Rapid Spin may rmove entry hazards but it can't get rid of stat changes.

I feel dumb for not knowing this, holy snaps.
dark lugia spirit #1 /jkickit /smooth moves/ the entertainer

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2013, 11:47 »
I don't thin
I feel dumb for not knowing this, holy snaps.

Don't feel bad. I don't think a lot of people are aware of this either. I didn't for about three years until I saw it online and stat changes aren't removed. It DOES lower evasion and not to mention Mist, Reflect, Safeguard, and Light Screen are also removed from the target. Splash and Flash are most likely the most pointless attacks. Defog is basically a nonoffensive Brick Break with the add effect to eliminate entry hazards.

The tables were turned.

Plz Click!

Offline steven101

• Pokemon Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2013, 00:45 »
volt tackle luxray duhhhhhhhhhh oh yeah im a hacker,  i have one seriusly i have one

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2013, 21:23 »
Metronome should become a tm and most of the pokemon should be able to use it.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Goshdarned Sillyface

• Mayonegg
  • Iceduck Fan
  • hon hon baguette eiffel tower
    • View Profile
    • welcome to my steam account
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2013, 00:10 »
it'd be great if more fire types could learn good grass type moves besides solar beam and grass knot. if it's a mono-fire type; it'll take cake of all its weaknesses with just one move.
hey gastrodon guess what

grass types

Mr. Apple

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2013, 12:18 »
Metronome tm would be cool

quack98

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2013, 22:16 »
I don't thin
Don't feel bad. I don't think a lot of people are aware of this either. I didn't for about three years until I saw it online and stat changes aren't removed. It DOES lower evasion and not to mention Mist, Reflect, Safeguard, and Light Screen are also removed from the target. Splash and Flash are most likely the most pointless attacks. Defog is basically a nonoffensive Brick Break with the add effect to eliminate entry hazards.

Removing entry hazards is what makes it so bad in singles! It gets rid of traps layed on the targets side, so helps them. In doubles, however, you can use this like Rapid Spin, where it is superior as it can't be blocked. Flash isn't useless however, it lowers accuracy, it's not great, but it's far from useless.

I'm not going to argue with splash though ;D

Offline Christy Weavile

• Aspiring Pokémon Master
  • Pokemon Fan
  • Normal is for the boring people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2013, 03:05 »
Sneasel/Weavile to learn Ice Punch naturally though level up. I mean, seriously? You ca't even get it to learn ice punch in 5th gen unless you breed one with a 4th gen one that had it taught to it by the freaking move tutor. >.0

Psycho Cut should be a Move Tutor move, Weavile could definitely defend against fighting types with that.

Also when I first played through Platinum I was wondering when my Staraptor would learn Sky Uppercut. Since it learned Close Combat...

I wish more fire types learned electric moves like Thunderbolt. Typhlosion for example.

MAKA CHOP!! o3o

Offline BloodRedBaron

• Iceduck Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2013, 19:39 »
Sneasel/Weavile to learn Ice Punch naturally though level up. I mean, seriously? You ca't even get it to learn ice punch in 5th gen unless you breed one with a 4th gen one that had it taught to it by the freaking move tutor. >.0

Psycho Cut should be a Move Tutor move, Weavile could definitely defend against fighting types with that.

Also when I first played through Platinum I was wondering when my Staraptor would learn Sky Uppercut. Since it learned Close Combat...

I wish more fire types learned electric moves like Thunderbolt. Typhlosion for example.

I agree with most of this..
Weavile should absolutely learn ice punch through level up. It is quite a pain getting Ice punch, a move no weavile should be without. Also, psycho cut would be an excellent addition to his rather shallow movepool, since right now the only thing Weavile has to deal with fighting types (which it dreads) is aerial ace, which is effectively useless without technician. I think weavile should learn more high-power moves in general. With its frailty, in addition to weaknesses of many priority moves, it has literally no time to set up a swords dance and sweep. It's a great hinderance that its two best STABs are only 75 base power...

Staraptor should not learn sky uppercut because first of all, it doesn't have fists, making an uppercut impossible, and secondly, close combat is a better move and it can U-turn to remove the stat reduction.

Typhlosion with Thunderbolt would ruin anything in its path. He can already learn thunderpunch (I think) so why not give him an electric move he can actually use with his significantly higher special attack?

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2013, 03:15 »
Pay Day should be a TM where all the feline Pokémon can use it as well as other Pokémon and those who could be taught it in Gen 1. Also, Mew should be allowed to learn the elemental beams and Draco Meteor from the tutors. It can learn all the OTHER TMs and move tutor attacks but not THOSE four? I mean Arceus can learn Draco Meteor when holding a Dragon Plate so why can't Mew?!

The tables were turned.

Plz Click!