Author Topic: JUNE COROCORO LEAKS (EVEN MORE NEW POKEMON)  (Read 11660 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
JUNE COROCORO LEAKS (EVEN MORE NEW POKEMON)
« on: June 12, 2013, 18:46 »
Holy baconbites I'm really having my work cut out for me this week. It looks like the first corocoro leaks have...leaked revealing new Pokemon and new characters. Bare with me while I post it all here. Jesus, there's really no shortage of info is there?

I haven't really bothered looking at these in detail, I'm just going to post them first and then edit with info.

This is Furabebe the Single Flower Pokemon (Note this also translates as 'one moon' or 'one cycle'). It is Fairy type, uses the Fairy Wind attack and is 0.1m tall and 0.1kg. It works in Symbiosis with its flower. It naturally holds a flower and as soon as it is born it automatically discovers it's favorite flower to hold on to which it keeps its whole life, which is why it's a different colour to the flower. It has the power to hide itself in and manipulate the flower at will.

This is Shishiko, the young lion Pokemon (Text reads じし but makes more sense to be しし (lion) so I'm not sure if it's a pun or something). It is Fire/Normal and is 0.6m and 13.5kg. It has a new move called Warcry which lower's the opponent's attack. It's a very energetic Pokemon that likes to get into scuffles, it's red mane flares up in battles and gets extra-hot when facing a tough opponent. As they grow older they separate from their pack and live alone.

This is Pansy (On the left) and Viola on the right. I *think* Pansy is the professor. Viola is a Gym-leader (and Journalist) from the first gym found in Hakudan City, she uses Bug-type. Pansy is going to make her anime appearance along with Gogoat & Helioptile on July 18th (Which further leads me to believe she's the new professor).

The three characters shown here, are Sana (The young girl with pigtails) Tieruno (Fat guy with the Vanillish T-shirt) and Toroba (Small ginger haired kid). You start off in Asame Town and the Rhyhorn shown in the garden on the 2nd trailer is indeed real (and can be ridden as we learned from the roundtable). You (The protagonist) just moved in and all four of you start your adventure at the same time. The opposite gender player (Callum/Serena) is also in your hometown too.

Vivillon, Kofukimushi & Kofuurai - The regional bug line of Kalos. Kofukimushi & Kofuurai are pure Bug-type and Vivillon is Bug/Flying. Kofukimushi is 0.3m and weighs 2.5kg, Kofuurai is 0.3m and weighs 8.4kg

That's everything, there's some stuff that I can't make out because it's a little blurry but we might get a few trickles of new info when clearer scans emerge (Or if we get more scans). All in all I seem to have a more concise translation than some other places I've read from, which I'm quite happy about.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 19:55 by Turner »

Wolstenholme

Re: JUNE COROCORO LEAKS (EVEN MORE NEW POKEMON)
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 18:59 »
The Vivillon line are absolutely adorable!
There flower thing is a bit funky but the puppy, despite the fact that I just wanna hug it it reminds me of too many other Pokemon (like a baby Houndoom/dour, Lillipup and it's face is reminiscent of the Panda Pokemon)

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 20:07 »
Man...I haven't even managed to form an opinion yet, this is all happening so fast.

Vivillon's line is pretty much what you would expect, Spewpa (Which I'm guessing is the 2nd stage) seems like it's designed with pixels in mind which further leads me to believe the secret of Vivillon's wings is something to do with QR codes. I'm not really attached to Spewpa or the other one but I think I'm happy with that because they're going to be useless anyway.

Furabebe (The flower) looks pretty awesome IMO, I think it's possibly the tiniest Pokemon to date. It's completely Fairy type which further backs up my theory that we're going to see a lot more grass/woodland inspired Fairies. I had a feeling the first few would be cutesy Pokemon to draw people in but I'm sure that will change as we see more new Pokemon.

Shishiko the lion cub looks pretty cute but otherwise forgettable, as you say - very Houndour/Lillipup looking Pokemon. I assume it's full evolution will be an awesome Fiery Lion type that will have a strong fanbase. I guess a big-cat version of Arcanine.

The other info sounds good to me, 3 more people starting along with you plus your male/female counterpart. Looks to be pretty interesting, the character designs look decent enough so far.

Offline Alpha Fenrir

• The Dark Side of the Sun
  • Rob Fan
  • Anybody got some spare enthusiasm?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 20:58 »
Holy baconbites I'm really having my work cut out for me this week. 

And we appreciate the effort.

Furabebe... Not quite sure about this one yet. I like the idea of each one holding a different plant, but I really haven't got a clue what to make of the actual pokemon. I think I'll wait for it's evolution(s).

Shishiko is alright, but the real appeal is the possible awesome nature of it's final evo. My guess is that it'll be the Shinx of Kalos - pitiful to begin with, then useful, then downright awesome in-game, then thoroughly outclassed in the meta-game.

The whole Vivillion line is forgetable, which, just as you say Turner, is just as well. QR code scanning capabilities seems likely - perhaps we'll be able to make it's wings display logos?

As for the people, if they're all rival type trainers then that would be cool. Otherwise I'm not that fussed.
Curse my memory... Formerly Avalanche Absol 137

...Something tells me no one will care about who I used to be. Or who I am now for that matter.

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 22:21 »
kimba the lion confirmed for pokemon

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline Clairefable

• worst jobby
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
    • abandon hope all ye who enter here
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 09:18 »

Kinda remind me of...

and dat widdle wion aaaaaaaaaaaaw

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 10:11 »
The lion Pokemon looks sorta like Shinx to me, I could see their lines being similar.

So far, I don't really have much of an opinion on most of the new Pokemon, to be honest. Everything looks really exciting, so I'm sorta just going with it. Looking forward to seeing more.
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline Joe_Pokemon2015- MEGA RAYQUAZA!

• Gen. Giratina: Leader of the Pokemon International Movement. Ternyata semuanya lupa negera Korea...
  • Joeno Fan
  • Giratina: Giygogagohgwooh! to QC for this avatar
    • View Profile
    • Check out my deviantART page! It has Pokemon!
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2013, 11:01 »
If that Pokemon resembling Kimba was confirmed, will we get to see another Pokemon based on one of Tezuka's works?

And wait.. a new Gym Leader? A female Gym leader that does Bug-type? Will her name be something related to that in English I suppose?

Finally, Pansy. That's odd, because the Professors in Pokemon are named after trees. So this must probably break convention of the naming theme among such professors.

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2013, 15:36 »
^ Yeah, it is odd. I mean, she's not wearing a lab jacket or anything...but then this is supposed to be based on France where style is everything, so there's every chance they would make her look very trendy.

Thankfully she has an anime appearance coming up very soon so it should clarify things.

Offline RocketMember002

• Joy Incarnate
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2013, 01:47 »
Someone on tumblr pointed out that shishiko's tail looks like it has a scorpion tip, which could mean it's based on a Manticore.

Offline Clairefable

• worst jobby
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
    • abandon hope all ye who enter here
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2013, 12:48 »
Word on the webs is that Pansy is a journalist/reporter type character, which might make sense if she has anything to do with Viola (which the similar hairstyles might suggest they do) who looks like she may be a photographer?

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2013, 14:35 »
^ Yes, right you are. Viola is a photographer and Pansy is Journalist I believe. Viola is also the first gym leader and uses bug type.

Also very interesting about the Manticore. I'm almost 100% certain that shishiko's tail will evolve into a lion so yes, that could well be possible. Maybe it'll be Fire/Fairy.

Updated Info from the official site

The names of the new Pokemon are localized as such:

Shishiko (the fire Lion) is called Litleo

The hot-blooded Litleo is always ready for a good fight! Its mane blazes with heat during battle, burning hotter and hotter the stronger its opponent. In the wild, Litleo will venture out on its own to make its way in the world. Litleo can learn the new Noble Roar move, an intimidating move that will lower the target's Attack and Sp. Atk stats.

So 'Warcry' is officially called 'Noble Roar' in English.

Furabebe (The Fairy flower) is called Flabébé in English

Another newly discovered Fairy-type Pokémon, Flabébé clings to a flower early on, and then cares for it for its entire life. Because of this, Flabébé may be found holding flowers of different colors. Flabébé can draw forth the power that lies within flowers and use it freely in moves. Fairy Wind is a new Fairy-type attack that Flabébé can learn. It's super effective against Dragon-type Pokémon!

Kofukimushi (The first stage of Vivillon) is called Scatterbug in English

The Bug-type Scatterbug resides mostly in forests and wild plains. After Scatterbug has reached a high enough level, it will evolve into Spewpa. This Bug type uses the fur around its neck to control its body temperature. Scatterbug can survive in any area, regardless of climate. Scatterbug can learn the strategic String Shot move, which lowers the Speed of its target.

Kofuurai (The second stage of Vivillon) is called Spewpa in English.

Spewpa is the middle Pokémon of this evolutionary chain. With enough experience gained from battle, Spewpa will eventually evolve into Vivillon. Spewpa gains a stiff carapace once it evolves from Scatterbug, so less forceful attacks will hardly make a scratch. Spewpa can learn the move Protect, which will protect the Pokémon from attacks for one turn.

And onto the characters..

Sana is called Shauna in English

Shauna is an energetic girl who is eager to discover her own dreams. But she's also genuinely curious about her friends' progress in their travels! Shauna is very outgoing and friendly, as you'll learn early on. Shauna will push you to decide on a nickname before the group parts ways.

Tieruno is Tierno in English

Tierno is burly and nimble, and his goal is to create a dance team with his Pokémon! He pays close attention to Pokémon when they battle to see he if he can incorporate their actions into new dance moves. Tierno is a kind boy who welcomes you easily into the group. He'll tell you all about his ideas for a dance move, and he'll show you a couple of moves of his own!

Toroba is Trevor in English

Trevor's goal is to be the first of the group to complete his Pokédex. He's a great student, bursting with curiosity, but he admits that he has much to learn to become a great Trainer. Trevor will begin his adventures at the same time as you.

And your opposite gender counterpart is Serena or Calem

And the rest:

The first town (Asame Town) is called Vaniville Town in English

Vaniville Town is your new home at the beginning of your adventure! The start of your journey waits just past the ornate town gates. Before leaving, your neighbor will be eager to meet you. Plus, you'll meet the family Rhyhorn, who's resting on its pad in your front yard! Your house is one of several buildings in Vaniville Town. Follow the paths in Vaniville Town to your neighbor's house, or out into the Kalos region. The gates of Vaniville Town are marked by a large central arch. Pass through to begin your journey!

The second town (Hakudan City) is Santalune City

After leaving Vaniville Town, the first populated location you'll visit is Santalune City. It's a lovely city, easily identifiable by the large fountain at the center of town. It's also home to the Santalune City Gym! The Santalune City fountain is the beautiful city's centerpiece. Look out for people quickly dashing about on Roller Skates! You'll soon be able to get your own pair of Roller Skates so you can glide about town, too!

Pansy is called Alexa in English. She is Viola's older sister.

Keep an eye out for Alexa, who will guide you toward the Gym, where her younger sister, Viola, is the Gym Leader. Alexa is a journalist who works in Lumiose City and travels all around the world for her job.

Viola is well...Viola in English

Viola is the Gym Leader of Santalune City, but battling isn't her only talent. She's also a professional Pokémon photographer. The experienced Viola will be happy to teach you what she knows about battling and photography!

EDIT:

Also some sharp eyed people have noticed that the shadows and shade are different in different language screenshots of the game, implying that there may well be real-time sky effects and sun position:

« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 19:16 by Turner »

Offline RocketMember002

• Joy Incarnate
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2013, 10:45 »
Omg, July CoroCoro leaks now! I LOVE the squid pokemon, why they're dark/psychic and not water IDK, but they look awesome.

It's like an angry drag queen.

New evil team looks lame though.

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2013, 13:16 »
Pancham's evolution looks pretty badass, definitely can't wait to get one of those.

The squid's okay. More excited about the typing than the actual Pokemon, to be honest.

Bird is kinda cute, puffball is okay.

My type predictions for X/Y Legends were wrooong, but I am okay with Dark/Flyling and Fairy! Very interested to see Fairy's offensive and defensive type charts.

Was really hoping to see some starter evolutions, though I doubt we're gonna get those for a while, possibly not until release. Starting to lean towards Fennekin, this artwork of it is adorable.
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline RocketMember002

• Joy Incarnate
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2013, 13:33 »
It looks like Chespin uses malteasers to attack.