Author Topic: JUNE COROCORO LEAKS (EVEN MORE NEW POKEMON)  (Read 11661 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
Re: JUNE COROCORO LEAKS (EVEN MORE NEW POKEMON)
« Reply #75 on: August 02, 2013, 03:19 »
Wow Turner, you're right, I just realized that, and I hate it, some earlier appearing dragons may balance it out as well.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Alpha Fenrir

• The Dark Side of the Sun
  • Rob Fan
  • Anybody got some spare enthusiasm?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 02, 2013, 09:41 »
The great thing about the fairy balance isn't just that Dragon needed a nerf, it's that when playing through the game, Dragon always felt like a shoehorned type.

You barely see it through the game at all (not even wild) until you're up against the last few gyms/E4. Meaning you have to find and raise a dragon type from wild to get them up to the level of all your other Pokemon. It never felt quite smooth and it always bugged me that you only got a choice of a small handful of Dragon types, if you didn't like them then you were screwed and had to hope there was an Ice type you liked somewhere or else it was going to be uphill all the way.

It'd be nice to see a champion that uses ghost types or psychic or something. The games have always treated dragons like some all-powerful pseudo-legendary beasts you only see right near the end, I'm glad they're getting a balance.

You beat me to the post there Turner (yeah, I know that was bad, but it was there, ok?).

Dragon is my favourite type, but I do firmly agree that it needs a nerf. Whilst I don't like the idea of things like Wigglytuff being dragon slayers it should allow a large number of people to enter the meta-game with these kinds of Pokemon without fear of giving both a free turn for dragon users to boost and then sweep. In my opinion, it's the higher level of caution which will have to be used when attempting to set a dragon up for a sweep ,as well as the narrowing of opportunities to achieve a set up, which will give dragons a larger nerf than the actual type resistance.

And that's how it should be. In Pokemon, it should take considerable effort and practice in order to use the stronger Pokemon to their best effect - and dragons should remain as some of the strongest - but at present all it takes is a life orb or similar, dragon dance and outrage (as one example), to tear the other side to pieces if the other side is not appropriately prepared.

Fairy having an immunity to Dragon just does not seem right. Resistance fair enough. It makes sense to be resistant. But being able to throw out a pink balloon with a tuft of hair in the path of a rampaging dragon and the dragon failing to do any damage... I'm sorry, but no.

Onto the point of dragon being 'shoehorned'... I agree nearly entirely. I don't like the fact that we've nearly always been given 1 or 2 at the end of the game (excluding legends) at really low levels and then find out that in order to make them viable you have to train them above the levels of the rest of your party in order to get them to evolve fully. It never has felt smooth. Neither do I particularly like that unless you had specific types, it was a real struggle to beat any dragon users in the elite four or the last gym.
However, I do think that dragons should be a little more difficult to obtain than most other types. I liked what they did with Axew - you could obtain it at a level not too far behind the rest of your party provided you had talked to the right person in game and knew that there was a cave for you to explore if you back-tracked. That way, Axew was obtainable at an appropriate time yet could be considered a reward to those players who where prepared to fully explore the game.
I would like to see some earlier dragons though - that's why I'm hoping that Helioptile will evolve to be an electric/dragon type.
Curse my memory... Formerly Avalanche Absol 137

...Something tells me no one will care about who I used to be. Or who I am now for that matter.

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #77 on: August 02, 2013, 15:35 »
I never felt they were shoehorned in, but that's just me (Gible was available pretty early btw)

(3-10 yo is probably fair to say that's the primary market)
They have no primary market.  They market it to all ages who still like Pokemon.
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 02, 2013, 17:31 »
A new piece of info for you all, according to the eShop, the size of Pokemon X/Y will be 1.7GB (If you download).

Let me put that into perspective for you:

Bigger than Monster Hunter 3
Bigger than OoT
Bigger than Mario 3D World
Bigger than Animal Crossing New Leaf

It's gonna be a pretty huge game, the models and textures shouldn't take up that much space either. Looking at screenshots and matching them to the map has shown me that this game is going to be pretty dang huge. AC:NL was 1GB, so this is nearly twice the size.

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #79 on: August 02, 2013, 19:16 »
That's about the third of the size of Super Smash Brothers Brawl....
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!