Author Topic: So... X2 and Y2, or Z? WARNING SPOILERS!!!  (Read 12190 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Stmacl

• A force so evil that it wears a suit!!
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • So what are you gonna do... DEWOTT?!
    • View Profile
    • My blog the woes of a pokemon nerd
So... X2 and Y2, or Z? WARNING SPOILERS!!!
« on: October 17, 2013, 14:21 »
SPOILERS FOR THE END OF THE GAME! IF YOU DON'T WANT TO RUIN IT DON'T READ THIS POST!!

So I finally completed X and after enjoying that ending I started thinking back on the game and asked myself this question;

With Lysandre and the rest of Team Flare likely to be immortal (what with the ultimate weapon granting immortality to those around it and Lysandre trying to use it on you (I did say spoilers)) is there going to be a sequel like there was with Black and White? Or will it go back to the classic third version like before?

What are your thoughts?

No-one cared when I made a Nuke launcher, but no-one really agreed with my nuke machine gun...

Offline Webby

• Don't come back up unless you're wearing a pussy moustache!
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
Re: So... X2 and Y2, or Z? WARNING SPOILERS!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 16:18 »
I was under the impression that Lysandre used it as a weapon - therefore killing himself and all the members of Team Flare still in the building.

If that's the case, then I don't see any reason for a direct sequel to happen. So I think they'll go back to a third version again.

"i hope you get niall bursting out of a tower cake singing "happy birthday mr president" and he's wearing a "miss america 2013" sash while giving you a 3 hour lapdance"

Offline Stmacl

• A force so evil that it wears a suit!!
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • So what are you gonna do... DEWOTT?!
    • View Profile
    • My blog the woes of a pokemon nerd
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 16:42 »
I remember him saying something along the lines of "If I can't make this world a better place, I'll make you live through it all as it collapses into chaos" before he fired the weapon at himself. He wanted to make you immortal so you'd live through the world which, in his opinion, is destroying itself.

No-one cared when I made a Nuke launcher, but no-one really agreed with my nuke machine gun...

Offline Liam

• 1337 Donator
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 19:41 »
Pokémon XY and YX you saw it here first.

Offline JSM

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 20:34 »
No no no it's Pokémon X² and Y² obviously.

quack98

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 20:40 »
^That would be brilliant if they came out with that xD

Or maybe they'll go all stylish with X2 & Y2

But I think it'll either be Z or XZ/YZ. I don't see why they wouldn't use Z when they have Zygarde and XYZ represents the axis on a 3D plane, without Z it would represent 2D...

Offline Specstile

• The Hoenn and Grass type fanatic!
  • Poképprentice Runner-up
  • Sentret Fan
  • Come At Me Bro
    • View Profile
    • FaceBook, only addy if i know you D:
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2013, 22:42 »
pokemon O for origin
and
pokemon z

Y FC:0344-9270-9498

Offline ShiraBliss

• The Girl Who Leapt Through Plot Holes
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Doot Doot Time to Animoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 06:08 »
Probably Pokemon Z. That way the 3D exclusive games become X, Y, and Z - DIMENSIONS
"I believe in the power of Love and secure WiFi!"

Homura Akemi (c) Puella Magi/Mahou Shoujo
Pokemon (c) Nintendo
Homura sprite done by me C:

quack98

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2013, 21:08 »
I think Drasna will be involved in the story. She's the only elite four member to stop you as you leave, and also she seems reminiscent of the elder in Celestial town. Furthermore, she says she was told about time and space dragons, obviously Dialga and Palkia. Now, this is either that shiny event they did, or maybe it's tied to the Z story?

Offline Kdintranet & Scizau

• Binary Master
  • Sentret Fan
  • 01001011, 01000100
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2013, 21:16 »
Having not finished the game (and not caring about spoilers because I will finally get to the end anyway. hahah!) I'm putting my bets on Z. It's the most logical.
Avid Poster On Pokemon Academy

There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Offline DragonOfTheDepths

• Dragon Tamer
  • Psythor Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2013, 18:45 »
I think Drasna will be involved in the story. She's the only elite four member to stop you as you leave, and also she seems reminiscent of the elder in Celestial town. Furthermore, she says she was told about time and space dragons, obviously Dialga and Palkia. Now, this is either that shiny event they did, or maybe it's tied to the Z story?

Yes. I just caught Zygarde, and to my huge surprise, inside the cave of Zygarde are 4 items: A Griseous Orb, Lustrous Orb, Adamant Orb, and a Big Nugget. I think those are tied to the events. Definitely.

Oh, and based on the Torchic event time, since it ends on Januray 24, 2014 (I think), either they are going to release a new game before then so you can still get the Torchic on that game, or they are just giving kids a chance to get the game for Christmas.
Live Fearless, or fear for your life.
-D.O.D

quack98

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2013, 18:50 »
I don't think they'd release Z so soon after XY to be before the torchic events finish, but it's certainly interesting that the three orbs were where Zygarde is... Maybe they'll skip gen III remakes and go straight to DP  :o

Offline DragonOfTheDepths

• Dragon Tamer
  • Psythor Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2013, 19:20 »
I thought that might be a bit early too, but then again: what could they put in Z that would so drastically change things besides a whole lot more legendary pokemon? A whole new story? The epic ability to go to different regions (probably not)? I just don't know... with all the new features and places and pokemon, there are so many things they could do, yet so much they couldn't (and wouldn't) ever change.
Live Fearless, or fear for your life.
-D.O.D

Offline Kdintranet & Scizau

• Binary Master
  • Sentret Fan
  • 01001011, 01000100
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2013, 19:25 »
They would do the same as what they've done with all the previous 3rd game of each generation. New Sprites. An adaptation to the story line ect. They usually take a year as well.
Avid Poster On Pokemon Academy

There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2013, 21:17 »
Z. Xerneas = X, Yveltal = Y, Zygarde = surely Z. Simple logic really.

Look at the Dex entry for Zygarde though. It says, iirc, that it monitors those who destroy the ecosystem. With Xerneas representing Life and possibly Nature and Yveltal representing death and destruction, you can definitely work a plot for that to put into the next game. Kind of like Emerald too, with Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza.