Author Topic: SPRITE RESOURCE: Version 2.0.0 released!  (Read 4307 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Typhlosion

SPRITE RESOURCE: Version 2.0.0 released!
« on: July 22, 2009, 23:47 »
Oh yes. It's the news you didn't know you were waiting to hear.

I'm proud to announce the Sprite Resource has been completely updated, and version 2.0.0 has now be released. This means that a lot of new sprites are now available to view on the site, and more excitingly, a new zip folder containing them all is also now available for download. 8,670 sprites altogether, winRAR tells me. What a terrifying thought.

These sprites are © Nintendo. They are not owned by PKMN.NET in any way, and you are free to use them for your own personal projects as you wish without the need for credit. It's always nice though. So are gifts. I'm rather fond of Sports Mixture sweets, come to think of it.

I should also take this opportunity to thank Joeno, Kay, Liam and The Doctor for their invaluable assistance in compiling v2. So yeah, thanks!

I hope you find it useful  ;)

http://pkmn.net/?action=section&page=87
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 00:18 by Typhlosion »

Webby2

Re: SPRITE RESOURCE: Version 2.0.0 released!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 23:49 »
Thanks for this Mike, Joeno, Liam and The Doctor, these are fantastic =]
Good work ^^

Offline Chaos Rush

• Mulholland Fan
  • And I thought I'll never have an avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 02:33 »
There's a lot of missing sprites in the Platinum section. There were several Pokemon that weren't in the Sinnoh Dex that received new sprites in Platinum. These Pokemon are:
Oddish
Ninetales
Hitmonlee
Registeel

Also there were some Pokemon that had their colors changed (but kept the old sprite). These are:
Natu
Xatu
Mareep
Ursaring

Also quite a few Pokemon had different backsprites in Platinum, these are also not in the resource.

Offline Liam

• 1337 Donator
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 09:29 »
There is absolutely no problem, Mike. I find it rather therapeutic to trail around the internet looking at jiggly party Pokémon x)

Oh yeah and reporting errors >.>;

This is fantastic, Mike. I am sure that our sprite resource will soon be the best on the internet. x)

Typhlosion

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 13:30 »
There's a lot of missing sprites in the Platinum section. There were several Pokemon that weren't in the Sinnoh Dex that received new sprites in Platinum. These Pokemon are:
Oddish
Ninetales
Hitmonlee
Registeel

Also there were some Pokemon that had their colors changed (but kept the old sprite). These are:
Natu
Xatu
Mareep
Ursaring

Also quite a few Pokemon had different backsprites in Platinum, these are also not in the resource.

All the Pokémon you listed have been fixed in the zip folder and will likely be fixed on the site tonight. Can't do anything about the last point unless anyone has a list of what has changed. Thank you.

Offline Chaos Rush

• Mulholland Fan
  • And I thought I'll never have an avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2009, 18:02 »
All the Pokémon you listed have been fixed in the zip folder and will likely be fixed on the site tonight. Can't do anything about the last point unless anyone has a list of what has changed. Thank you.
I forgot to mention one thing. Forretress received new colors in Platinum. Also if I were you, I would get all the first frame for the backsprites in Platinum, since even though they're all in the same pose, many have different colors and different shading. Also many were subtly edited too (Gengar's back is a lot "spikier" in Platinum than in D/P).

Some time soon I'll make a list of all the Pokemon that have different backsprites in Platinum.

EDIT: Also I have another thing to say, lol. In Emerald, Koffing, Snorlax, and Dustox received new sprites. (I'm talking about the first frame) To give a description, Koffing had the shading on his smoke altered, Snorlax simply received a completely new sprite, and Dustox had a cosmetic error on it's wings fixed (The error is present in its R/S/FR/LG sprites).
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 18:07 by Chaos Rush »

Typhlosion

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2009, 19:06 »
I forgot to mention one thing. Forretress received new colors in Platinum. Also if I were you, I would get all the first frame for the backsprites in Platinum, since even though they're all in the same pose, many have different colors and different shading. Also many were subtly edited too (Gengar's back is a lot "spikier" in Platinum than in D/P).

I hope you understand that anything on a larger scale, like so, isn't something I was hoping to do right now, not with other projects that need my time. I'll make notes of any suggestions though :)

On second thoughts... they're actually a bit more different than you made them sound...
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 19:10 by Typhlosion »

progartpkmn98

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2009, 20:52 »
So are gifts. I'm rather fond of Sports Mixture sweets, come to think of it.

I can only guess what you mean by that...

Anyway, that's great! One more sprite resource I have to bookmark!

*bookmarks*

Offline Joeno

• WebMaster
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
  • "It's only love, what is everyone so scared of?"
    • View Profile
    • PKMN.NET
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2009, 21:03 »
Don't forget ice cream! If you're at the meet in two weeks (Sign up now before it's too late!) don't forget ice cream ;)
Peter <3<3<3<3

Pong And Beyond - Playing through 1001 video games before we die...

P-O-K-accent-E Balls!

progartpkmn98

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2009, 00:45 »
Don't forget ice cream! If you're at the meet in two weeks (Sign up now before it's too late!) don't forget ice cream ;)
Wait... the PKMN.NET meet? I can't go...

(...for the fact that I'm 11, and I live in the U.S.A.

Didn't you say legally you need to be like 16? And if I was, do you think my parents would let m ego to a meet with people I've never met before in London?)