Author Topic: If you had a time machine, what would you do with it?  (Read 5929 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Skyler and Blazer

• BattleFranky 37
  • Joeno Fan
  • Swag
    • View Profile
Re: If you had a time machine, what would you do with it?
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2013, 05:39 »
i already replied to this topic next october. 

Did you now? I would go back in time and tell my 13 year old self to not be such a punk, and to not let others push him around so much.

quack98

« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2013, 16:32 »
what no mention of the second law of thermodynamics??????????????????? for shame

Well, seen as though you asked ;D An isolated system can't decrease in entropy due to it alway evolving toward Thermodynamic Equilibrium (TE from now on). The universe is classed as an isolated system, as (as far as we know) matter and energy can't enter or exit (law of conservation of energy (and matter, but as matter is a form of energy (sort of) I only really need to say energy)). As the cause of action in the universe is heading towards TE at all times, then technically any change in the course of time would minutely alter this, meaning it would either be impossible to time travel (but that defeats the object of the topic) or the universes time lines would meet (ending in no net change in entropy)

XephHunter

« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2013, 21:49 »
Dick, you're trying a bit too hard. xD

quack98

« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2013, 21:52 »
Dick, you're trying a bit too hard. xD

But he asked...

XephHunter

« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2013, 22:09 »
xD
Btw I would go back in time to watch my childhood and see Jesus.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2013, 02:34 »
Huh. Not bad... 8)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 02:37 by ShinyBlaziken2000 »
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline glash101

• Pokenerd in da house!
  • Rex Fan
  • Epicness prevails
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2013, 02:31 »
I would go back Before all the trolls registered and chop their heads off OH YEAH!
Swag

It happens.

0 Bronyspriter Points
1 SB Coin
0 Draghost points

Now offering Glash Gems.5 for random awesome pic.10 for Specific EPIC Pic.100 for a 3D,Very epic version of your favorite Pokemon.

Offline sans the skeleton

• they/them pronouns please
  • Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2013, 18:06 »
nothing

havent you heard of the butterfly effect

oh i agree with this

i mean i'd happily make sure hitler wasn't born but think of the families that wouldn't have ever started and the people that wouldn't have existed that were good people...

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid

Offline Wrath of Zuruggu

• Sentret Fan
  • Flailing with arrogance since 1990
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART account
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2013, 11:22 »
A time machine like... a Tardis but without the space bit? Where I could make multiple trips back and forth? I'd do a lot of stuff!

I'd travel back to every epoch through biological evolution and watch how far different animals had progressed and diverged. I might even travel through every 1000 years or so to really see how an animal progressively changed.

I'd cuddle a dodo. I might even bring one back to the future as a pet. Or several for breeding. I don't care what effect this would have because I would be the crazy dodo-lady.

Go meet Darwin et al. I wouldn't want to sail with him though, I hate sailing :s

I don't think I'd like to travel back too much into our recent human history, though... I'd certainly be branded a witch.

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2013, 17:13 »
actually forget making out w/ past me i would go back to when puk was good whenever that was

Well, seen as though you asked ;D An isolated system can't decrease in entropy due to it alway evolving toward Thermodynamic Equilibrium (TE from now on). The universe is classed as an isolated system, as (as far as we know) matter and energy can't enter or exit (law of conservation of energy (and matter, but as matter is a form of energy (sort of) I only really need to say energy)). As the cause of action in the universe is heading towards TE at all times, then technically any change in the course of time would minutely alter this, meaning it would either be impossible to time travel (but that defeats the object of the topic) or the universes time lines would meet (ending in no net change in entropy)

i didn't really ask it was more the dude gave the worst definition of entropy i ever saw but dS = dQ/T or  S = kBln(W)  would have been a quicker answer than the macroscopic arrow of time asymmetry principle
thanks for playing anyway tho little girl

xD
Btw I would go back in time to watch my childhood and see Jesus.

"why is he an arab dude? are you sure this is jesus?"
           

quack98

« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2013, 17:24 »
i didn't really ask it was more the dude gave the worst definition of entropy i ever saw but dS = dQ/T or  S = kBln(W)  would have been a quicker answer than the macroscopic arrow of time asymmetry principle
thanks for playing anyway tho little girl

You contradict yourself. I am, as you put it, 'the dude', yet you then say 'thanks for playing anyway tho little girl', you refer to me as both genders despite the fact my profile clearly says male.

Also, I know that my definition of entropy isn't great; I'm awful at explaining/defining, and Entropy isn't exactly on the GCSE curriculum.

Back on topic; I'd probably go back to 1980ish and shoot Joel Schumacher before he even went near a camera

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2013, 20:20 »
You contradict yourself. I am, as you put it, 'the dude', yet you then say 'thanks for playing anyway tho little girl', you refer to me as both genders despite the fact my profile clearly says male.

Also, I know that my definition of entropy isn't great; I'm awful at explaining/defining, and Entropy isn't exactly on the GCSE curriculum.

Back on topic; I'd probably go back to 1980ish and shoot Joel Schumacher before he even went near a camera

"the dude" is the quack98 guy who weaved some yarn about entropy being part of some wishy-washy abstract butterfly timeline effect stuff and i sat there being self-righteous because im doing a degree in chemistry

i called you a girl b/c well i'd say "figure it out" but in your last post you wrote "but he asked" and well lets see if you can figure it out now
           

quack98

« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2013, 20:23 »
"the dude" is the quack98 guy

Quack98 is my old username

Offline NTN

• 2010: Role Playing at its finest.
  • Mulholland Fan
  • My precious... >:)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2013, 20:39 »
It's still the username you registered with, so it's your official username.

I might go back in time and correct the things that may have been unreasonable coming from me.
I am your master.

Offline sans the skeleton

• they/them pronouns please
  • Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2013, 20:48 »
actually forget making out w/ past me i would go back to when puk was good whenever that was

that was the day before i joined for the first time :D

really interested to go back in time and steal every religious book in the world, hide them, go to the future, and see what changes.

BUT AGAIN, butterfly effect. Maybe in a 'whatif' alternate dimension or something.

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid