Poll

Who do you think is the best doctor who of all time?

William Hartnell
2 (2.6%)
Patrick Troughton
1 (1.3%)
Jon Pertwee
1 (1.3%)
Tom Baker
4 (5.2%)
Peter Davison
0 (0%)
Colin Baker
1 (1.3%)
Sylvester McCoy
2 (2.6%)
Paul McGann
2 (2.6%)
Christopher Eccleston
15 (19.5%)
David Tennant
32 (41.6%)
Matt Smith
17 (22.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 279227 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Danse_Maxavarious

Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #525 on: September 23, 2007, 04:50 »
What you just described the Tennat Doctor as didn't register in my head, Danse_Maxavarious.  Care to expand?

As I said, this is my personal experience.

While most episodes are fine, and as usual some of them are BRILLIANT (aka School Reunion, the Angels episode, etc). There are episodes, as with the Girl Behind the Fireplace where they add things ins such as the 'drunken party guy' or 'laser screw-driver' and other BAD gags, which I don't think they'd use for anyone else.

Each Doctor is written as a new character (within certain boundaries). And while I still believe Tennant is a good actor - I think that the series would improve with a new Doctor.

You won't necessarily register my opinion in you head, as it's not going to be the same as yours. Doesn't mean I can't have it though Phil. ^_^
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 04:54 by Danse_Maxavarious »

Offline Voltorb2005

• I need anger management! ARRRRRGGGHHH! *Breaks your computer in half*
  • Joeno Fan
  • Sooo.... Bored....
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: September 25, 2007, 22:33 »
Has anyone seen the Patrick Troughton story entitled 'The Invasion'? Personally, this story is one of PTs best stories and Kevin Stoney, who plays the villian, Tobias Vaughn really gives a great performance. You really feel like you hate him. Also, Packer, his evil sidekick is pretty well-acted too. He is just as evil as vaughn, especially when he laughs when someone calls him a 'vicious sadist'.

Also, the scene where the cybermen walk past st pauls catherdral is legendary! Honestly, you dont get villians like vaughn and packer and this cyberman scene in dr who anymore!

Name: Charmander
I luv voltorbs!

Offline The Penguin Vampire

• Hello there :)
  • Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
    • My facebook, thats if you wish to know me more
« Reply #527 on: September 29, 2007, 17:02 »
Well I WAS thinking caan could go forward in time and end up in the collection and being the same dalek as the one in elcelston's episode of the last dalek but I didn't see the little badge under the 'last' dalek's eye so i wouldn't know for certain as the cult of skaro each have their own unique badges i put a picture up if i can find it.  Also Davros return would be cool and possible as would their not be a parallel skaro and galifray in the parallel  universe (where the cyber men came from). Also the idea of daleks are that there many of them not just one so if caan is the last dalek once and truly and it may be so then davros that mix's up a new batch of daleks also something did you know dalek is an anagram of kaled which is davros's species
"If too live, we have to be numb, I'd rather know the pain, I'd rather know"
"We are made Imperfect and we must guard against our flaws lest they destroy us"

Offline LB

• Norwegian Wood
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • Tournée du Chat Noir
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: October 10, 2007, 18:40 »
"It occurred to me that this was what you might get if Walt Disney did an animated version of a Munch painting."

"It seemed to me that the longest imaginable distance separated irregular German verb forms from this kitchen table."

Offline FaFniR

• Sentret Fan
  • You maybe got lucky for a few good years
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: October 10, 2007, 21:01 »
The Sontaran are confirmed to be returning.

Quote from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Doctor_Who_serials#Tenth_Doctor_.28David_Tennant.29
The BBC revealed which classic monster Gardner was referring to on 2 October 2007, when they announced that Christopher Ryan (famed for his role as Mike in The Young Ones) will be appearing as a Sontaran leader.

"Footloose and fancy-free, we set off among the adventure towns, seeking the next place, rather than our fortunes."

Role Play Riffs

LOL JOHTO REMAKE

Offline Angelic Lapras King

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Angel Wings! Please Guide Me And The Lapras!
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery of Maddness
« Reply #530 on: October 22, 2007, 17:53 »
Bit of news, a special adventure will air for Children in Need next month! It ll involve Tennet teaming up with the 5th Doctor, Peter Davidson.

"What did I say would happen if you got onto my back Oak?"

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
« Reply #531 on: October 22, 2007, 18:05 »
I'd love to see Steven Fry as the Doctor for some reason
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel

Offline FaFniR

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: October 22, 2007, 18:16 »
ANYONE else hyped up about the reappearance of the Sontaran? D:

"Footloose and fancy-free, we set off among the adventure towns, seeking the next place, rather than our fortunes."

Role Play Riffs

LOL JOHTO REMAKE

Offline LB

• Norwegian Wood
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • Tournée du Chat Noir
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: October 22, 2007, 21:41 »
ANYONE else hyped up about the reappearance of the Sontaran? D:

Gonna be good, but I'm more excited about the reappearance of the Fifth Doctor!
"It occurred to me that this was what you might get if Walt Disney did an animated version of a Munch painting."

"It seemed to me that the longest imaginable distance separated irregular German verb forms from this kitchen table."

Offline Latias Tamer

• WOCNWORBWONWO
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: October 22, 2007, 22:27 »
Bit of news, a special adventure will air for Children in Need next month! It ll involve Tennet teaming up with the 5th Doctor, Peter Davidson.
I quite excited about this. It's called 'Time Crash' which tells you that there's gonna be a twist in time, and not some made-up thing like the Comic relief sketch.
Yes.

Offline LB

• Norwegian Wood
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • Tournée du Chat Noir
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: October 22, 2007, 22:40 »
Better still, written by Steven Moffat!

Offline FaFniR

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: October 22, 2007, 23:23 »
Better still, written by Steven Moffat!

I'm all ears now that I know that! 8D

Role Play Riffs

LOL JOHTO REMAKE

Offline Nathan WV10

• Mulholland Fan
  • Thanks Koto for the Evil Houndoom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: October 22, 2007, 23:36 »
I quite excited about this. It's called 'Time Crash' which tells you that there's gonna be a twist in time, and not some made-up thing like the Comic relief sketch.

That is good because I will be looking forward to it more as it will be a proper episode this time. Catherine Tate was the worst person to choose as she has to be funny in everything. Time Crash sounds like an interesting title as well.

Offline Angelic Lapras King

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Angel Wings! Please Guide Me And The Lapras!
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery of Maddness
« Reply #538 on: October 23, 2007, 00:11 »
The Wiki page, which also has a pic of the 2 Doctors together.

"What did I say would happen if you got onto my back Oak?"

Offline Latias Tamer

• WOCNWORBWONWO
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: October 23, 2007, 12:55 »
At the weekend I decided the re-watch the episodes from when the Doctor turns back into human; Human Nature and Family of Blood. Well there's the small boy that has some sort of connection with time or something... but there's a clip where he see's Martha running past, but then flashes over to see her running past in present day 2007. Do we ever find ot why he had this connection or not?
Yes.