Author Topic: Things you REALLY hate!  (Read 6035 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
Re: Things you REALLY hate!
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2016, 00:04 »
@sylar i was wondering about that... in my school i heard a lil here and there about people and even some of my lgbtq+ friends from school saying that word and i'm silently sitting there like, the only straight one in the group like, "sooo... was that word reclaimed" i always erred on the side of caution and never said it but i don't think i'll ever not get the same kind of uncomfortable as when someone says something racist when people say that in front of me... just was always used as a slur when i was growing up and i'm not ready for it

and i feel like the "r" word is one of those things where before you completed high school you should have gained enough experience with different kinds of people to know its not ok to say. every time i see someone my age use that word im like, "so what kind of life are you living where you haven't formed a meaningful connection to someone who would take offense to that word" swear to god

also if we're counting ginger as a veggie i hate ginger. and while that's in my mind, horseradish sucks too

sniped: @raven what i've heard in my experience is its two different things. there's using the word r****dation to describe holding back or delaying something, vs someone. like there's a lot of words you can call a thing but not a human (like you can call a sandwich juicy and it's fine but i call someone juicy and suddenly things are weird)

Offline Laprabi

• hehehehehehehe
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2016, 02:28 »
Ohhh where to even begin.

I think the main one for me is this whole PC culture, where you can't even speak your mind or voice even a remotely contentious or controversial opinion without being chastised for it. Websites like Facebook and Twitter are particularly bad for it. That being said it's very funny to watch Twitter's stock price tank when it's revealed that their moderators in favor of censorship and the curbing free speech.

Curbing of free speech in any way, shape or form is something that is a source of particular aggravation for me. Goodbye to a key cornerstone of Western democracy.

Celebrity culture as well. It's mind-numbing and boring. Honestly I don't care about what some B-list 'celebrity' has done.

One final thing; people who think liking something on Facebook will do anything beneficial. You probably see stuff like this all the time without realising. It's basically a way for someone to pat themselves on the back and say 'I'm making a difference' without doing anything of the sort. The new form of armchair activism.

Rant over. There's stuff I've left out but hey ho, only the essentials right?
hahahahahahaha

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2016, 03:19 »
man larabi what happened to you

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2016, 06:05 »
I think the main one for me is this whole PC culture, where you can't even speak your mind or voice even a remotely contentious or controversial opinion without being chastised for it. Websites like Facebook and Twitter are particularly bad for it. That being said it's very funny to watch Twitter's stock price tank when it's revealed that their moderators in favor of censorship and the curbing free speech.

Curbing of free speech in any way, shape or form is something that is a source of particular aggravation for me. Goodbye to a key cornerstone of Western democracy.

PC is nothing more than being mindful to your audience.  Extreme PC is crazier, but it's a response to douche bags being extreme on the complete opposite side.

Private sectors are not bound by free speech.  Don't pretend that you have free speech on twitter, facebook etc because they're not government organizations.

Western Democracy has led to crap like Donald Trump potentially being a presidential candidate come the fall.  Let's not pretend it's something amazing we need to protect.

I honestly wish I could respond to this thread because there's a lot of concepts and ideas I hate.  They tend to deal with anti-social justice, buzz words, and people utilizing buzz words with very little substance just to bring people down.  There's a very good reason why I try to put more detail in things I say and it comes off as rambling - because I want to define the terms I use and why I use them to a great extent.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 06:07 by Lord Raven »
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2016, 12:42 »
an annoying ugly comedian who is popular who shall remain nameless,

Lee Evans? Is it Lee Evans?

Let's see- I hate the word 'banter'. Well, not in the typical sense because the stuff you see on Soccer Saturday, Match of the Day, QI, Mock the Week etc is 'banter' in the traditional sense: A bit of playful teasing between a group of mates. It's the whole 'LAD BANTER' thing that's going on where people will do something sexist/misogynistic/racist/bigoted and go "Oh calm down, it's just a bit of banter." Stop blurring the line between 'having a bit of a laugh' and 'being a bellend'.

I also hate it when the button for the lift has clearly been pressed, but people will repeatedly press it, as if that makes the lift come any quicker.

And people who have to post hourly Facebook updates about what their kids are doing "OMG little Johnny just sneezed lol!"

And a formal term for drag forces and all of that is "r****ding force."  Is that offensive as well?

Airbus GPWS altitude callouts go 50-40-20-r****d-10, where 'r****d' means idle the throttles at 15ft to get the plane on the runway.
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2016, 18:06 »
i use the R word but only for myself cos im still Struggling with being latently brainstunted in some ways and i know a lot more nastier surprises are in wait lmao. and cos me partner has a downs syndrome sister i try to only use it when im talking to myself. which happens a lot. the talking about myself that is.

same with other Forbidden Slurs around that end of the alphabet. for me its vaguely reclamaitiony cos that helps Depower them for when people use them Nastily, like how im training myself to burst out into laughter when i read any form of weird -phobia. around other people irl i try not to use them too much tho.

edit2: on second thoughts forget that rambling second half of my post its not even worth it imo, i keep forgetting that thing about internet arguments where no-one actually wins

edit3: this is getting to borderline meltdown levels of re-editing a post but to avoid vagueblogging suspicion it was me careposting @ the "twitters stock price fell cos of those dang sjws eroding our civil liberties and my right to look at creepshots on reddit" thing but like engaging anyone on that it was a Bad Idea. ok weird dysfunctional post over i hope
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 20:53 by LOOK AROUND YOG. »
           

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2016, 22:40 »
People talking down others, usually those within minorities, by dismissing their legitimately good points as "whining" or "sjw nonsense" really frustrates me. Overthinking. Feeling depressed for no reason. Feeling like I'm being clingy and needy. Somewhat ironically relevant to this topic, I also hate the thing where you're like "oh crap I've done that" or "oh crap I said that" when someone says stuff like "if you do this you're not my friend" or "i don't want anything to do with you" and it makes you feel really guilty. Gonna throw my hands up here, I've used the words mentioned in this topic before inappropriately (remember when high school was just full of idiots throwing out ignorance-fuelled insults? I probably stooped down to their level a few times in return).

But then again, I don't anymore and I guess I know much more about why they shouldn't be used inappropriately than I did before?

On a lighter / petty note, I really hate when my sister mimes a song she's listening to and thinks she's doing it without making a noise, but she does these obnoxiously annoying breaths every now and then because she's trying too hard to mime lyrics. It's so irritating, honestly.

Offline sans the skeleton

• they/them pronouns please
  • Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2016, 23:51 »
all the time, raven. im not likely to go into physics so its not something that's likely to be brought up with me unless people are really digging for loopholes or something. if there's an alternative for the term i prefer people use that. it was one of the main things i was constantly branded as growing up and i completely detest it to the point where i start really dislike people trying to justify it in any way. not in your case - you're not fighting for the '''''right'''' to use it like some ppl do, but i've legit lost friends over it pretty often because they refuse to consider how the words that come out of their mouths (or fingers) may affect others.

also in agreement with spriter's first para.

like, if someone's used the word before finding out it's bad? no blame there. if they find out why it's bad and keep using it, that's when i legitimately want nothing to do with them. it's not their fault if they genuinely didn't know it, and then stopped using it after finding out.

oh!!! speaking of this topic, whenever you ask someone to stop doing something becaue it upsets or annoys you or whatever.... and then they start either trying to justify it "my dog's big sister didn't mind it so you shouldnt'' or outright 'muh free speech is taken away because you said please to not be a jerk'

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid

E.C.A.M.B.S.

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2016, 03:24 »
I try to avoid people who, when angered, need to blow off some steam by attacking someone with a string of insults even after the conversation has ended, the issue already settled. There have been times when I've made clumsy mistakes and been personally attacked as a result.

When I screw up, I silently acknowledge my mistake and learn from it, making sure that I will do things differently next time. But some people feel that others can't figure these things out for themselves and feel that they need to be taught a lesson.

I try not to listen to their disparaging remarks, but that's hard to do when I can hear it. I tell myself, "Okay, I made a mistake. That's fine. It's a learning experience. End of." Then someone feels the need to perpetuate it and ruin my mood as a result.

I'm not fond of people governed by the selfish desire to release their anger and carelessly throw around insults, without any regard to how their words might affect someone.

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2016, 09:27 »
Lee Evans? Is it Lee Evans?

he's not a comedian but that's the name of a wide receiver that dropped a pass in the 2011-2012 nfl playoffs that, if caught, would've sent us to the super bowl

and we would've wrecked the giants thanks to our iron dong quarterback and our stout defense

lee evans is such a terrible name

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2016, 10:30 »
when ur mother keeps guilt tripping like 'sorry i'm such a horrible mum' and 'me arguing with dad when you were nine is why you developed depression isn't it' like no???? imagine if i could ask you not to do something and provide evidence for it without you doing this it's just putting a downer on everything i do today because i'm so annoyed and upset with her why is she like this why does she always do this i am so sick of it

thanks gl <3

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2016, 01:00 »
I hate almost every version of Peter Pan with the sole exception of Hook. Most of the adaptations have him as a brat who is also a huge bully who cut off a man's hand off for no actual reason at all other than for laughs and fed it to a gator also for laughs and wakes up the victim so he can NEVER have any sleep. He also is incredibly annoying that I find the three year old boy more tolerable. And you know it's REALLY bad when you are the main character of a major Disney release's side kick is not only more popular than you and has her own toy line and cartoon series and your enemies ALSO get their own franchise but you get nothing. So evenDisney hates Peter. Hook is the exception only because it's Robin Williams and Peter is an adult and the movie is more about getting his son back than anything else.
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

E.C.A.M.B.S.

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2016, 02:42 »
I don't hate anybody, but I don't like people who, when explaining their point of view to someone who misunderstood them, use words like "idiot" or "degenerate" and claim that they're just being blunt. There is a difference between blunt and outright disrespectful.

Also people who say those words to those who disagree with them. I don't like ad hominem

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2016, 04:23 »
People use ad hominem pretty freely, and it's not "you insulted me in an argument!" it's more "your argument is hinged upon insulting me."

There's a difference between, "You're an idiot, and here are some facts about the subject that contradicts the reasoning behind your viewpoint" and "This is not true because you're an idiot."  The former is rude as hell, has an insult, but it also provides an argument, therefore it does not constitute ad hominem.  The latter does, however.

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2016, 08:35 »
People who state an opinion on something and then put 'END OF!' or 'FACT' at the end, as if that carries extra weight into the debate and makes them right.

"Lionel Messi is the world's best footballer END OF"

Watch out, he used 'end of', it must be true... ::)
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel