Author Topic: NAME RATER CONTEST  (Read 30895 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline q.c.™

• Poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another.
  • Sentret Fan
  • Hi, I'm Marcus.
    • View Profile
Re: NAME RATER CONTEST
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2007, 17:04 »
reflex has a point you know.

Offline Sappy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2007, 12:22 »
reflex has a point you know.

So does Joeno btw =P

And yeah, I do admit it was not really needed, so blame me for starting it off. Yeah, sorry for my immatureness which makes PUK seem like a school playground, which it isn't =P
Slowly an old member..

Trainer Dave

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2007, 14:42 »
While I'm not exactly impressed by how the contest is being run... I can see how the people that got through did so...

-I'dd quite like to know how people that 'automatically' got through to the next round were chosen...? I found it rather odd.

its not a battle of who likes who
Ah.. One of the problems would be the fact that people were voting on a 'friends-vote-for-friends' basis. I seriously doubt many voters read everyone's submissions, which kind of defeats the point of the rounds.

Oh well... =]

Offline Joeno

• WebMaster
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
  • "It's only love, what is everyone so scared of?"
    • View Profile
    • PKMN.NET
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2007, 14:46 »
In your mind, people mind have been voting on a 'friends-vote-for-friends' basis. Do you have any proof for your assertion, or are you just jealous that you didn't get through while other people did?

The immunities... Well, I don't know, we only had this huge log in the voting topic where the Kanto Name Rater and Sentret discussed who got through. Maybe it was their decision to do so?
Peter <3<3<3<3

Pong And Beyond - Playing through 1001 video games before we die...

P-O-K-accent-E Balls!

Trainer Dave

« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2007, 14:54 »
In your mind, people mind have been voting on a 'friends-vote-for-friends' basis. Do you have any proof for your assertion, or are you just jealous that you didn't get through while other people did?

The immunities... Well, I don't know, we only had this huge log in the voting topic where the Kanto Name Rater and Sentret discussed who got through. Maybe it was their decision to do so?
Hehe... considering no one knows who Sentret and the Kanto Name Rater are...it could quite literally be the same person calling the shots.
 [[Meh... ill just leave that... I wasnt going to read the log anyway, seeing as I had to make my entry in 10 minutes... =P]]
Does that mean its the Johto Name Rater getting replaced?

Im really not that bothered about being voted out. But quite a lot of people posted saying they voted for their friends...
I voted, Tim, TCoZ, Kit and Crystal Onix, yeah I done it due to friendships
Theres a bit of proof for you. :) [Sorry Sappy! Your the first quote on hand... ;)]

Offline Sappy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2007, 14:58 »
Im really not that bothered about being voted out. But quite a lot of people posted saying they voted for their friends...Theres a bit of proof for you. :) [Sorry Sappy! Your the first quote on hand... ;)]

Still, Dave you're on about one of the laziest guys on the site.
Slowly an old member..

Offline Joeno

• WebMaster
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
    • PKMN.NET
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2007, 15:04 »
I wasnt going to read the log anyway

Okay, never mind then. If you're going to make all kinds of wild allegations without even bothering to read up on what's going on, I see no reason to waste my energy on you. You neither read the logs, nor seem to consider Rex and my earlier posts.

It's this sort of "You can't do anything right" attitude that makes me consider just dropping the entire thing. Rule 20 search? Nah, our clues are probably just lame. Contests? Obviously fourty-something people are ALL biased in voting for their friends and with the amount of votes, only votes for friends will have had any influence on the rules. New features? Oh, let's not even get started on those things.
Peter <3<3<3<3

P-O-K-accent-E Balls!

Trainer Dave

« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2007, 15:24 »
Still, Dave you're on about one of the laziest guys on the site.
Hehe.... Yeah. I really don't have much free time anymore... And how do you intend to justify that...?

Okay, never mind then. If you're going to make all kinds of wild allegations without even bothering to read up on what's going on, I see no reason to waste my energy on you. You neither read the logs, nor seem to consider Rex and my earlier posts.
[[Just read first post fully]] Oh yeah... I thought the first page was just the announcement of the contest when i flicked through earlier.
I didn't say everyone was biased. But certainly quite a few people did vote for friends. I'll leave it at that. I don't want a debate.
My allegations aren't wild. We actually don't know whether the Kanto Name Rater and Sentret are different people. I do do a fair bit of reading up, but can't always catch everything...

[I give up. Arguing is useless here.]

Offline Joeno

• WebMaster
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
    • PKMN.NET
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2007, 15:27 »
We actually don't know whether the Kanto Name Rater and Sentret are different people.

Trust me, they are not. I'd say how they update the various features would make that much clear. Unless you think those logs were the work of just one person with a lot of time on his hands.

I'll leave alone the insulting implications that stem from you discarding the opinions of 45 other members who all have their worth decreased. Considering that you have the word of just one member, that's just pathetic.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 15:29 by Joeno »
Peter <3<3<3<3

P-O-K-accent-E Balls!

Offline President Hawkeye

• Capital: Goldenrod City --- Population: 441 --- Pkmn Species: 100 --- Stunningly beautiful and culturally diverse. This is Johto.
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Јοђτσ шιίί αίшαγξ βε мγ τґμε һσмε.
    • View Profile
    • Tohjo Falls - Pokémon Blogging
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2007, 15:33 »
Sentret is weird....
Seriously, if I had not be recalled from parole two weeks early, I would have brought him back to the funny farm with me.

I'm a bit disappointed, to be honest, that I completely missed the first round of the name rater contest... I honestly think I may have been worthy of it... But you cant let things you cant change affect ya... I just wanna see how everyone else does now ^^

Trainer Dave

« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2007, 15:34 »
Trust me, they are not. I'd say how they update the various features would make that much clear. Unless you think those logs were the work of just one person with a lot of time on his hands.

I'll leave alone the insulting implications that stem from you discarding the opinions of 45 other members who all have their worth decreased. Considering that you have the word of just one member, that's just pathetic.
I'm not even going to bother continuing this. Running all over the site for more proof isn't worth my time. Not when I'm only trying to point out something I noticed, rather than argue with the result of the poll.

Offline Joeno

• WebMaster
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
    • PKMN.NET
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2007, 15:44 »
This isn't 'pointing out something you've noticed', though, this is directly saying "The result of this poll is invalid, because people voted for the wrong reasons." You made a claim, and I want proof from you now. If you do not have such proof, I would suggest you retract it, as the implications of this claim ("The contest is biased") are quite large for the contest.

As I said, devaluing the opinions of some 45 members like this is rather insulting.

If you want to make these claims, especially after the admins have discussed them, you'd better have an extremely good reason for making it.

(And note that, without this proof, I could say that you have insulted at least 44 members - 46 voters, minus one for you, minus one for Sappy's claim. Note that there are rules regarding these things.)
Peter <3<3<3<3

P-O-K-accent-E Balls!

• Capital: Goldenrod City --- Population: 441 --- Pkmn Species: 100 --- Stunningly beautiful and culturally diverse. This is Johto.
  • Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2007, 15:46 »
Can I just butt in for a second....

I've been offline for a while and I'm not too sure what this 'rule 20' thing is that Joeno seems to have indicated rather mysteriously in his sig... I'm guessing its in the PKMN.net official rules.... but what exactly is it about?

Offline Joeno

• WebMaster
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
    • PKMN.NET
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2007, 15:48 »
That is entirely off-topic and can be discussed in one of the existing topics in the PKMN.NET-forum.
Peter <3<3<3<3

P-O-K-accent-E Balls!

• Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2007, 15:53 »
Well to be fair, all that seems to be going on in this topic anyway is arguments that seem to sway off topic and all it would have taken was a short answer... but, meh...