Author Topic: Rate My Teams  (Read 928 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline TheFrozenOne13457

• Pokémon Trainer
  • Pokemon Fan
  • The name's Tommy, but you can call me Master.
    • View Profile
Rate My Teams
« on: April 06, 2014, 18:32 »
Primary Team;
Metagross-Clear Body(N/A): Meteor Mash, Zen Headbutt, Earthquake, Magnet Rise
Garchomp-Sand Veil(Assault Vest): Dragon Claw, Iron Tail, Earthquake, Dragon Rush
Snorlax -Thick Fat(Lum Berry): Rest, Heavy Slam, Belly Drum, Block
Ninetales-Drought(Miracle Seed): Solar Beam, Hex, Heat Wave, Flamethrower
Gardevoir-Synchronize(Gardevoirite): *Dazzling Gleam, Psyshock, Shadow Ball, Energy Ball
Scrafty-Moxie(N/A): Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw, Crunch, High Jump Kick

Secondary Team;
Luxray-Rivalry(N/A): Crunch, Thunder Fang, Ice Fang, Thunder
Haxorus-Rivalry(N/A): Dragon Claw, Poison Jab, **Swords Dance, Outrage
Infernape-Iron Fist(N/A): Mach Punch, Focus Punch, Thunder Punch, Fire Punch
Greninja-Torrent(N/A): Surf, Night Slash, Scald, Mat Block
Roserade-Natural Cure(Poison Barb): Energy Ball, Giga Drain, Venoshock, Sludge Bomb
Tyranitar-Sand Stream(Tyranitarite): Stone Edge, Earthquake, Crunch, Dragon Claw

*Please do not say use Moonblast instead: I enter lots of Multi-Battles
**Move slot pending

P.s. Feel free to suggest pokemon or moves I should use instead as long as you state what to replace.
P.p.s. Please refrain from suggesting legendaries as I do not use them.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 22:42 by TheFrozenOne13457 »
The Master of the Art of Video Gaming, The Ace of Spades, The Harbinger of Awe. I always enjoy a good Pokémon battle.

Offline Delicious_Scout

• Pokémon Breeder (For Petz, ask Petzbreeder ;3)
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Buttébutt.
    • View Profile
Re: Rate My Teams
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 19:07 »
First off, we would like to know both natures and EV's used to train those Pokémon (in case you EV train).

Second, due to the characteristics of your teams, I assume you are into hyper offence.

This Snorlax is one of the funniest things I have ever seen, the paradigm of "High Risk, High Reward". If you want something safer, change Heavy Slam for something else. Fairies will not likely come into that Snorlax due to its High PS, Attack (Fairies tend to suck in Defence) and Special Defence.

For Garchomp, Dragon Rush is quite redundant, and its accuracy is not very welcoming. If you are into multi battles, consider getting Rock Slide. The same for Iron Tail. You could get either Iron Head (breeding) or Poison Jab. The first hits Azumarill for neutral damage, something that Poison Jab does not, since it hits x2. However, Garchomp's speed allows it to get some h4x with the recoil, and Garchomp's raw power does not usually benefit from Poison.

Ninetales... I think it has Drought as an ability in your case. Flamethrower is redundant; the power is almost (or) the same, and the accuracy does not matter than much (10%). You should get more coverage, because multi battles don't tend to allow you to set up. Energy ball can make your coverage good.

Talking about Drought... Metagross does not like it. At all. And... a mixed Metagross is not an option. Psychic should be changed for either Rock Slide or Hammer Arm. Magnet Rise can be slashed for Zen Headbutt, although that option is most likely to be in Singles.

Gardevoir can get Hyper Voice (if you can) if you use Megavoir. Otherwise, stick with Dazzling Gleam. Thunderbolt is a nice option, due to your lack of options to attack Bulky Water types.

I like Scrafty, but I don't know the ability it is running. Anyway, this is a good set... if you want to get walled by fairies. Dragon Claw does nothing to them, and fairies resist your STABs. Better get anything else, and Brick Break is too weak, change it for Hi-Jump Kick.
Click on that smexy Tyranaggronigroking to visit my our IV Shop. And possibly buy something.

Offline the bread dragon

• my furniture has come alive
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 19:28 »
dragon dance is better on haxorus then SD
i like bulk up on scrafty more but thats your call

thats all i can see other than what scout mentioned

Offline TheFrozenOne13457

• Pokémon Trainer
  • Pokemon Fan
  • The name's Tommy, but you can call me Master.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 22:39 »
1. Dragon Rush/ Iron Tail: I'm not sure why, but I always seem to land with these moves.
2. By coverage, did you mean supporting weaknesses? If so, Ninetales already has Solar Beam, Flamethrower Is a STAB, and is boosted by Drought, but she is holding a Miracle Seed(which is actually for Solar Beam).
3. I'm not using Heavy Slam for Fairies; it's just an added benefit.
4. Magnet Rise provides immunity to Ground, one of Metagross' most common weaknesses.
5. Iron Tail on Garchomp protects against Ice and Fairy.
6. I don't plan on sending Scrafty against Fairies.
7. Why use Thunderbolt "due to 'lack' of options..." when I have Energy Ball?
8. I meant Zen Headbutt, not Psychic.
9. My Snorlax is meant as a tank(Hence having Rest and Block). Belly Drum is meant to maximize attack otherwise Snorlax won't double up as a Sweeper as well.
10. As far as Scrafty goes, I said suggestions not "It's good... if you want to get walled by fairies."

But...
You provided a good list of suggestions based on what could happen. For that, I thank you, it gave me ideas.
The Master of the Art of Video Gaming, The Ace of Spades, The Harbinger of Awe. I always enjoy a good Pokémon battle.

Offline Awkward Squirtle

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 22:57 »
If you look at the team building forum page, you may notice a topic that specifically says that you should READ IT. Basically this has a form which makes it miles easier for anyone who wants to try and rate your team, so it would help us out a lot if you did that.