Author Topic: first world problems  (Read 417438 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 20 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline not chloe

• Mulholland Fan
  • never more than 3 hours away from public meltdown
    • View Profile
Re: first world problems
« Reply #2790 on: March 03, 2017, 16:58 »
The theme for this year's UOG Creative Writing anthology has just been announced and the piece I'm currently writing fits the theme but I don't know if I'll finish it before the deadline which is only 25 days away *sweats*
Credit to Inferna for the teacup Chatot
surPrISE

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: March 04, 2017, 22:33 »
 There aren't really enough clips at the gym. I think there's 3 in total that aren't broken or a pain to use.

Like, would it be weird to roll up with some new clips like "yo, here's a donation"? Lol, it's a charity-funded gym so yolo. Wanna help all those nooblets make some quality gains and improve the flow of the weight's room. Plus it's a hassle having one pair of clips when there's a bunch of exercises that require them.

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #2792 on: March 06, 2017, 21:15 »
Ive had sinusitis for about 3 weeks now it's honestly the worst. It was getting better last week but now I have constant pain!! Plus my nose is still bunged up and yuck. Honestly if someone came and tore my teeth out it would prob not be as sore as this is

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: March 06, 2017, 21:50 »
 As I was taking a contact lens out, it slipped out of my fingers, fell back into my eye all crumpled up, then super-stuck itself to my eye after eventually flattening itself out. Was honestly such a frustrating thing to deal with and my eye is sore because of it. Not to mention how much it kills when you pinch your eyeball.

Offline The name master

• The name rater's rival!
  • Joeno Fan
  • I rate your nicknames (unofficially)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: March 07, 2017, 11:41 »
My headphones just snapped in the middle of a Media class!
Thanks to Inferna for one of the many reasons why I love Dragonite!

Offline 2OrSomething

• Team Instinct At Heart
  • Rob Fan
  • Look at this nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: March 07, 2017, 19:30 »
My throats is dead.

Also, I feel like I had a weird dream last night, but I don't remember having any dream last night, but I have some weird memories that only logically fit inside of a dream, but I don't remember having the dream

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: March 07, 2017, 19:32 »
remember when i posted re: battle tree about "i'll prolly get full paralysis thunder w/o raindance and it'll cripple my team"?  well..............

that and the cpu's Stone Edge hitting every turn about 10 odd times while i fail to land a leech seed (and 4 times out of 5 i always lose to the really smug male rising star trainer who i hate the look of) and beat myself up from confusion have made me give up 4 now

the only reason they wont let u use legendaries in the battle tree is cos the computer knows you'd beat it for once. and its a bad loser and spoiled brat and if it doesn't win the battle tree all the time it throws a huge tantrum and the cartridge spins around really fast in the 3ds and trashes all the internal circuits of ur 3ds "to teach you a lesson" and nintendo just do the thing where they let your younger sibling get away with everything instead of replacing the 3ds

"you should have known better!" a swapdoodle from ken sugimori himself waggin his finger a day later "its not pokemon sun/moons fault! its only little!" while the cartridge is giving you the v's from behind his back

i will preserve my battle tree teams for online friendlies (lmao @ the idea id ever play online w/ anyone) but im just playing a difficulty hack of X instead when my sd card arrives cos Competitive-ish stuff is kinda fun? i just wish the main games made u think a bit more instead of "type effectiveness matchup" and it weren't such a You Figure It Out between the main game and Competitive Battling

like everyone was complaining the totem pokemon were toooooo haaaaaarrrrrrddddd in sumo and yet they were like the last gens are tooooo eaaaassyyyyy
           

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: March 07, 2017, 20:31 »
^I feel it.

I failed my 5 skill practice test because I failed one of the skills through a lot of simple mental errors. I got marked off on another one because when I went to turn the "resident" (our exercise partner), I was too aggressive. I don't know my own strength sometimes.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: March 08, 2017, 01:08 »
 That Jellybaby pitcher didn't really settle in my stomach and after a taxi back into town and a long walk in the rain (clutching my box of 20 McNuggets with my life) I got home, got comfy, and forgot about it.

Until I had some water and now I feel sick again.

Offline The name master

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: March 08, 2017, 10:59 »
I want to write a story using characters from my most cringe-y video. But:

1) Need to think of an idea for a story

2) Not sure whether to make the character's pet Zigzagoon talk or not.

^What do people think about 2? I could probably handle 1 on my own!

Offline 2OrSomething

• Team Instinct At Heart
  • Rob Fan
  • Look at this nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #2800 on: March 08, 2017, 12:41 »
I put a lot of effort into making an OC that was creative but ripoffs of already existing characters still get more positive feedback.

Also I forgot my pictures for the critique today in photography but we've already established I can't take a good picture so it's not like it should matter

Offline The name master

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: March 08, 2017, 13:12 »
Need to think of an idea for a story
ripoffs of already existing characters
I thought of a story idea, but this exact thing happened!

Offline 2OrSomething

• Team Instinct At Heart
  • Rob Fan
  • Look at this nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: March 08, 2017, 13:24 »

I thought of a story idea, but this exact thing happened!

Erm, what? I meant other people's ripoffs please don't make your OCs slightly altered versions of existing characters

Offline The name master

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: March 08, 2017, 13:29 »

Erm, what? I meant other people's ripoffs please don't make your OCs slightly altered versions of existing characters
I mean that one of the characters (A Mudkip) in the story rips off another character in another fanfic (Another Mudkip) made by me! I'm not ripping anyone else's character's off! I'm ripping myself off!

What's wrong with my own OCs being pokemon? I made them what they are!

Offline 2OrSomething

• Team Instinct At Heart
  • Rob Fan
  • Look at this nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: March 08, 2017, 14:01 »
I mean that one of the characters (A Mudkip) in the story rips off another character in another fanfic (Another Mudkip) made by me! I'm not ripping anyone else's character's off! I'm ripping myself off!

What's wrong with my own OCs being pokemon? I made them what they are!

Well it's fine to rip off your own character I guess, perhaps it could even be the same character in that case?

I never said anything was wrong with Pokémon OCs, just that if there's an OC that's pretty clearly a canon character with a few slight alterations, then maybe change the character or just scrap them and start off new and not based entirely off of another character. I can't tell you what to do with your characters as they are yours it just really bothers me when I see some poorly executed OC, for example "This is Ahh Ketchup he's a Pokémon trainer and wants to catch them all and be the Pokémon master he uses his trusty Pikachu.." Something like that is what I meant, as it's clearly a discount Ash.