Author Topic: Famous Leaker Announces 'Fairy' Type for Sylveon and Xerneas  (Read 12870 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Famous Leaker Announces 'Fairy' Type for Sylveon and Xerneas
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2013, 14:45 »
I know that Masuda said he's not really interested in the idea of 'Light and Dark' when he was talking about Pokemon Black and White because he didn't think it fitted Pokemon. Hence why he chose Truth and Ideals instead.

But...the TCG has done Light and Dark so I'm not sure there.

Personally with regards to Fairy, I think they are trying to convey a 'Nature power' theme. When I was formulating this theory, a lot of it came from the forest Xerneas steps out from and the forest that Sylveon lives in. I'm guessing it'll stay true to the old meaning of Fairies instead of the Tinkerbell pink idea.

Interestingly, when I was thinking about this I realized that a lot of this 'Fairytale nature' theme was already prominent in some of the early Pokemon anime episodes. I decided to look up Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden (Anyone remember this episode?) and check out what I noticed:

Remind you of Anything?

Anyway, if not a 'Fairy' type in English I'm expecting 'Magic', 'Nymph' or maybe 'Spirit'. I don't think Light is too farfetched but I personally can't see it happening.

Masuda also said that recently GameFreak have been really inspired by Miyazaki/Studio Ghibli movies (Xerneas looks a lot like the Shishigami from Mononoke Hime), which have a prevalent nature theme to them. I think Fairy type will explore this idea seeing as Grass-type has branched off more into plant biology than nature spirits in the past few Gens.

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2013, 00:39 »
Okay, fine. But the types we had till now are fine. GF don't need to introduce a new type just for the sake of making these games radically different.
Are you Game Freak?
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline ajeeth23

• Rob Fan
  • Can you stay up for the weekend?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2013, 06:23 »
Are you Game Freak?

Game Freak don't hire 17 year olds, however sad it is.
RAjeeth.

(That's how I sign. *shrugs*)

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2013, 08:30 »
No I only asked that question because you seem on declaring GF's intentions

But at any rate, nobody knows why they'd do a Fairy type, its just speculation.  As I said, don't knock it till it actually happens, don't play the skeptic or anything; just have fun and speculate.  That's all we can do with X&Y at this point.  Denouncing rumors is boring.
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline Joe_Pokemon2015- MEGA RAYQUAZA!

• Gen. Giratina: Leader of the Pokemon International Movement. Ternyata semuanya lupa negera Korea...
  • Joeno Fan
  • Giratina: Giygogagohgwooh! to QC for this avatar
    • View Profile
    • Check out my deviantART page! It has Pokemon!
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2013, 13:35 »
Masuda also said that recently GameFreak have been really inspired by Miyazaki/Studio Ghibli movies (Xerneas looks a lot like the Shishigami from Mononoke Hime), which have a prevalent nature theme to them.

Great, so this means we can extend speculation of GF being inspired by Studio Ghibli.

OK, I speculate that one of the legendary Pokemon would be inspired by Ponyo. But who knows? There could be some coincidence on the design of Xerneas.

Offline Alpha Fenrir

• The Dark Side of the Sun
  • Rob Fan
  • Anybody got some spare enthusiasm?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2013, 21:02 »
You know, I'm starting to rather like the idea of a Fairy type... Should make it even more satisfying to obliterate all of those pokemon I really hate...
But if they make a Fairy type they had better make another which is more appealing for use... Can anyone think of another mythical type we could have? Demon type perhaps? ;)
Curse my memory... Formerly Avalanche Absol 137

...Something tells me no one will care about who I used to be. Or who I am now for that matter.

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2013, 21:10 »
You know, I'm starting to rather like the idea of a Fairy type... Should make it even more satisfying to obliterate all of those pokemon I really hate...
But if they make a Fairy type they had better make another which is more appealing for use... Can anyone think of another mythical type we could have? Demon type perhaps? ;)

Maybe a dragon type or something.

If Fairy type is a reality it'll probably be SE against dragon.

Offline Specstile

• The Hoenn and Grass type fanatic!
  • Poképprentice Runner-up
  • Sentret Fan
  • Come At Me Bro
    • View Profile
    • FaceBook, only addy if i know you D:
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2013, 15:06 »
i can imagine grass,psychic and fairy working well together. Think fairy would be weak to poison like snow white eating dat apple.

I also wonder if they will change the SE and resistances of typing. Would like to see Fighting type be super effective against dragon type and fairy to resist it.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 15:12 by Specstile »

Y FC:0344-9270-9498

Offline RocketMember002

• Joy Incarnate
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2013, 19:11 »
^^^
I'd like poison to own fairy and dragons, and for fairy to own dragons too. Poison needs help and dragon is so OP it's stupid.

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2013, 19:33 »
Yeah I think universally everyone seems to agree that if there is a new type Poison needs to dominate it.

...There are lots of cases of poison being a killer for fairies in fairytales, so it's not all that unlikely

EDIT: I forgot to mention that said leaker has announced that he will be revealing the starter Pokemon's secondary types sometime this weekend. (By this I presume he means the secondary types of the 1st and 2nd stage evolutions.)

I'm sticking with Fire/Psychic Grass/Dark and Water/Fighting, for some reason I just can personally see this coming true.

What's also kind of funny about it is that if Chespin ends up as a Grass/Dark type and 'Fairy' ends up as super-effective against dark, it will once again make choosing the grass starter difficult throughout the game.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 19:49 by Turner »

Offline RocketMember002

• Joy Incarnate
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2013, 21:12 »
Assuming fairy is a common type though. Dark and steel were very rare in GSC, psychic still did a good job facerolling everything until Jasmine/Morty.

If it's fire/fighting I will cry, then laugh at the inevitable global nerdrage.

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2013, 21:50 »
Assuming fairy is a common type though. Dark and steel were very rare in GSC, psychic still did a good job facerolling everything until Jasmine/Morty.

If it's fire/fighting I will cry, then laugh at the inevitable global nerdrage.

I think with any new type GameFreak won't just throw it in there haphazardly, we'll probably see it develop slowly as the Gens go past. I spent a whole day researching and reading literally every interview with GameFreak I could find and it really restored my confidence in them a lot. They have a good idea of how to implement new features without them seeming gimmicky.

And yeah, I'll laugh if it's Fire/Fighting too because the rage will be glorious but a small part of me will be a little sad they're doing it AGAIN. According to Hiro it isn't Fire/Fighting though and 'We'll never guess it'. (Apparently, he said someone in the thread he posted in DID guess it correctly but I'm not going to bother listing every type combination they guessed because they pretty much listed every combination thinkable)

All this just on the off-chance this guy might be right about what he leaks...we must really be desperate for some X/Y news

Offline f3raligatr

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2013, 22:01 »
Don't get me wrong, I can understand that his previous connections and 'leaks' have usually been spot on, but aren't you placing an awful lot of faith in this Hiro when it's established his connection at GameFreak got fired because he leaked stuff to him at the start of Gen V..?

I'd still be surprised if they did release a Fairy type now..

09-07-2013 & 12-08-2013
beyond the suffering you've known
i hope you find your way
may you never be broken again

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2013, 22:04 »
Don't get me wrong, I can understand that his previous connections and 'leaks' have usually been spot on, but aren't you placing an awful lot of faith in this Hiro when it's established his connection at GameFreak got fired because he leaked stuff to him at the start of Gen V..?

I'd still be surprised if they did release a Fairy type now..

Well it's a little bit more complicated than that (Hiro and his source (Melkor) worked at Official Ninentendo Magazine Spain but because Melkor was hosting the site the leak was on, he got the can but Hiro stayed on) but to answer your first question, I don't think anyone here is really putting their faith into Hiro, he just happens to be a leaker with a 100% success rate and so his reveals have become an interesting conversation point.

I was expecting a Fairy type before Hiro said anything, but it's definitely the icing on the cake.

Either way it's just something to discuss until we get some official news.

Offline Ledyba

• Judge, Jury, and Executioner | <3 Kelly!!
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2013, 12:39 »
I'm hoping that if the Fairy Type does come to pass that it'd be applied to some older Pokemon.  Ratio-wise Steel was only applied to a small amount of Pokemon when GSC came out - only two, that sort of ratio could make things interesting without it being overbearing in a larger number of Pokemon.   I would love to see some Pokemon like Clefable, Togekiss  really benefit from a new typing.  A mixture of new and old showcasing a brand new type would be interesting.

Suppose Wigglytuff wouldn't be applicable to any potential Fairy typing. :< Not sure if there's anything Fairytail about a big balloon rabbit.