Poll

Who do you think is the best doctor who of all time?

William Hartnell
2 (2.6%)
Patrick Troughton
1 (1.3%)
Jon Pertwee
1 (1.3%)
Tom Baker
4 (5.2%)
Peter Davison
0 (0%)
Colin Baker
1 (1.3%)
Sylvester McCoy
2 (2.6%)
Paul McGann
2 (2.6%)
Christopher Eccleston
15 (19.5%)
David Tennant
32 (41.6%)
Matt Smith
17 (22.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 280226 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Angelic Lapras King

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Angel Wings! Please Guide Me And The Lapras!
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery of Maddness
Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #1815 on: November 21, 2010, 15:01 »
Can't say Sarah Jane appeals to me. Yeah, he wrote some good stuff (And some bad) in Dr Who, but one thing I find with RTD is he can't really come up with good new monsters, and the ones in the trailer seem to deprecate that.

And no, I havent forgive him for the Sliveen... <_<

UPDATE

In case you missed it, the trailer to this year's Xmas Special

By god, it kicks the other Xmas specials right in the you know what. XD

"What did I say would happen if you got onto my back Oak?"

Offline Darkwing

• Typhlosion Fan
  • I may be good... but I don't play nice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: November 21, 2010, 23:23 »
Yeah I saw it... to qoute Sir Sean Connery

I'm waiting to be impressed.

Offline Sebastian Moran

• ᕦ(ಠ益ಠ)ᕤ Tries too hard
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Fan
  • the pride of roast britain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: December 25, 2010, 17:51 »
Well, wait no more, for the episode broadcasts in ten minutes. 
Er. Yes. 
Or prepare to be disappointed. Either works. 

Hopefully my family will come and watch it too. Unlike last year. 
Piff. PIFF I SAY. 

be humble,
for you are
made of earth.

be noble,
for you are
made of stars.

Offline Dragonpika

• Call me Kay~
  • Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • blub!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: December 25, 2010, 18:44 »
I wish I could hear a word that was being said! ^^;
a wonderful combination of little kids and noisy neighbours is rather.. frustrating.. and now Mum has come over, said "Phew, we can watch it now," and proceeded to have a conversation with me.. humbug ^^;

Still, it seems sweet enough, omg flying shark <3
and Katherine Jenkins <3333333333

wake up, kids
    we've got the dreamers disease

Offline Winston Payne

• A Real Nowhere Man
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • There I will go.
    • View Profile
    • Covered Wars, Allegedly.
« Reply #1819 on: December 25, 2010, 19:24 »
It was all right.
Nothing awfully bad, but then again, nothing spectacularly good, either.
Aside from Karen in that skirt. Sorry Rory, but my eyes are firmly upon it.

And Nazis in the upcoming series? Interesting. Unless its ALIEN WORLD WITH ROBOTS DRESSED AS NAZIS FOR A WACKY DEATHMATCH GAME THING.

Oh yeah, and the Stetson. I own one already, so I don't need Matt to tell me it's cool.

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: December 25, 2010, 19:28 »
It was all right...
LALALALALALALALALALALALALA, NOT LISTENING.

That was f-ing fantastic! It kicked RTD and all his Christmas "Specials" right in the balls!!! So damn unique even though it was based on A Christmas Carol, but damnit, that was the best ever twisted take on A Christmas Carol ever! XD Flying fishies and Shark, yay. :3

And the preview for next year! So much to discuss. Dunno who the Doctor was referring to with the old eyes so I'll trust you'll fill me in on that if its an old monster coming back. The Ood return, pretty much the best monster RTD could think of, so imagine what the hell Moffat could do with them!!!! =D  Breaded Doctor I noticed too, and such. Only think I did wish for was an appearance of a regular enemy, just so I know if we're getting a Dalek or even a Cybermen ep.

And when the Doctor said "All things must come to an end" to Amy, you thinking this could be Amy Pond's last season me wonders?

Offline Sebastian Moran

• ᕦ(ಠ益ಠ)ᕤ Tries too hard
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: December 25, 2010, 19:30 »
now, bowler hats, they are cool. 
wait i forget what i was talking about 

ah, right. 
yeah, I quite liked it. didn't have me jumping up and down with THISISFANTASTIC but yeah, it was nice to sit and watch. 
had a similar problem to kay while watching it.. not as bad, though: just my mum's friends who came over for christmas lunch.. so they had a conversation after the first five minutes.. and then left midway through so we had to do goodbyes 
but.. yes. I liked it. 
Mention of baby's heads with spiders' legs made me amused 
SHOEHORN A WEE BIT OF SCARING-OF-CHILDREN IN THERE MOFFAT 
also the startrekness of the beginning caused amusement 
and fff I want a fog fish 
maybe a few 
hey, makes about as much sense as flying reindeer. 
and his usual timey-wimey stuff which I still like 

errr 
I shall have to watch the Series 6 trailer again.. but my sister is watching strictly come dancing at the moment. eh, it'll be on youtube in a bit so never mind. 
I did see.. moving dolls.. and requests for fezzes.. and river song.. and ood! 
love the ood 
was that a Satan's-pit-style Amy? aiiee <: 

dunno if she will leave.. maybe.. or maybe we'll get a companion who lasts for longer than two series, who knows 

not an rtd fan then ahurhur? 

« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 19:34 by Mr. Dalliard »

be humble,
for you are
made of earth.

be noble,
for you are
made of stars.

Offline Latias Tamer

• WOCNWORBWONWO
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: December 26, 2010, 01:29 »
I thought it was brilliant. Great combination of clever writing and comedy from Moffett as usual...some wonderful acting for Matt as usual, and Michael Gambon was his brilliant self.

Loved the timey wimey aspects of how the Doctor was putting memories into his mind by going back. Rather brilliant. Especially when he quickly went back to ask him for the code to the ice chamber. =D

But does this mean that there's gonna be a new sonic screwdriver now? Or will he go without one in series 6...or just get a new one? There was no sonic screwdriver shots in the trailer. Saying that, I felt that the sonic got a little overused in series 5...

Speaking of series 6...trailer...=O

- Doctor with beard in Area 51
- Green eyed Ood
- TARDIS from the Lodger
- Nazi's!
- Creepy dolls D=
- President Doctor? =D
- Lack of Daleks... Is Moffett breaking RTD's style of having to have Daleks in every series. Hopefully this is true...

Also, the markings on Amy and River aren't satan pit style. They're tally marks...
Yes.

Offline August J. Stuffiman IV

• Legendary Gentleman
  • Joeno Fan
  • The fourth in the prestigious line of Stuffimans.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: December 26, 2010, 10:39 »
I absolutely LOVED the Christmas special! It had action, it was traditional but also really weird and contemporary at the same time! Also, the whole thing with Kazran and Abigail was actually quite moving. I really really want them to make the carol composed especially for Doctor Who, the one that Abigail sung at the end, available for download somewhere. Do you reckon they'll put it on iTunes or something?

And yeah, just watched the Season 6 trailer on Youtube because I switched over to Confidential too quickly last night and missed it. :P

Looks good! Living dolls are cool, River's back which is awesome. Aside from that I'll just wait and see!

Side note: This year's Christmas special may actually have made me a fan of Katherine Jenkins. xD

Offline Latias Tamer

• WOCNWORBWONWO
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: December 26, 2010, 14:28 »
I really really want them to make the carol composed especially for Doctor Who, the one that Abigail sung at the end, available for download somewhere. Do you reckon they'll put it on iTunes or something?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWDheym_74Q

There you go. There's a little bit of children laughing in the background but no speaking... =]
Yes.

Offline August J. Stuffiman IV

• Legendary Gentleman
  • Joeno Fan
  • The fourth in the prestigious line of Stuffimans.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: December 26, 2010, 15:03 »
Thank you so much! That's awesome! :DDD

And I can't really hear the children laughing in the background, so it won't bother me. You made it sound as if it was going to be really conspicuous!

Offline Enigma

• Here to train for the Kanto League 8]
  • Elite Four Member
  • Joeno Fan
  • Back for a bit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: December 26, 2010, 15:34 »
ok the lyrics:

"When you're alone, silence is all you'll see
When you're alone, silence is all you'll breathe (?)"

...THE SILENCE!? as in, the silence that smashed up the tardis in the previous season? =D

Also, what's with the "half way out of the dark" tag. What with the Ood returning, possible satan return? =D

Personally, I thought the christmas special was fantastic. It is SUCH an improvement on all the other christmas specials.

(Also, another lyric in this Catherine Jenkins thing sounds like "Let in the shadow?")

I did wonder why the reapers never showed up when Cazran touched his younger self - remember when Ecclestone said that Rose shouldn't touch her baby self, to stop a huge space time continuum kaboom from happening? Well, why didn't THAT happen then? D=

Though I guess you could say that because the isomorphic controls didn't work for elder Cazran, he technically wasn't the same person...though that's a stretch. =/

Other than that, I loved it - ESPECIALLY the star trek mick take at the beginning, with the lens flare abuse xDDD

Offline Winston Payne

• A Real Nowhere Man
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • There I will go.
    • View Profile
    • Covered Wars, Allegedly.
« Reply #1827 on: December 26, 2010, 16:41 »
I did wonder why the reapers never showed up when Cazran touched his younger self - remember when Ecclestone said that Rose shouldn't touch her baby self, to stop a huge space time continuum kaboom from happening? Well, why didn't THAT happen then? D=

Well, in Father's Day, there were...2 Pairs of Doctors and Roses there, severely weakening that point in time, allowing a few Reapers in. Then Rose's dad was saved (screwing up the time line even more), and Rose touching her younger self further weakened the time line to allow a Reaper inside the church.

But still, I would've thought the Doc would feel "Better safe than sorry".

Offline Sebastian Moran

• ᕦ(ಠ益ಠ)ᕤ Tries too hard
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: December 26, 2010, 18:33 »
Well, Amy did touch her younger self, even though they were.. different timelines or something. So maybe we're just being phased into the idea that it's okay for past and future selves to make contact? PERHAPS. 
Or... something. 
Maybe the reapers were the anomaly after all. 
I don't know. 
...I prefer it without there being a big hoo-hah between different selves meeting, to be honest. 

Also, the markings on Amy and River aren't satan pit style. They're tally marks...

WELL THAT'S NO GOOD. 
By which i mean, clearly I saw an ood, then some marks, and got overexcited [I completely missed seeing them on River, too]... 
Nothing more exciting to see in the trailer, now that I've watched it again... er.. just general appreciation for the promised forthcoming creepiness. 
Walking dolls? And a not-human thing in a suit? General.. er... atmosphere? 
Okay I'm officially excited for series 6. 

Also something that I forgot to say before: I was pleased to see a Christmas special which wasn't set on Earth. It was a bit piff, having some disaster happen every year at the same time each year. Even if it was lampshaded during Voyage of the Damned [which I, er, have yet to watch as it happens]. 

be humble,
for you are
made of earth.

be noble,
for you are
made of stars.

• Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: December 26, 2010, 19:23 »
Did we see another spacesuit like the ones in Silence in the Library by and Forest of the Dead? Guess it makes sense since River's coming back again.

Now that I think about it, Area 51 would well fit in with Dr Who, what with aliens and whatnot. Do me proud Mr Moffat.

- Lack of Daleks... Is Moffett breaking RTD's style of having to have Daleks in every series. Hopefully this is true...

MIND YOU, this could be the trailer for the first half of Season 6, since it's being cut into two. Would like at least one of the BIG classic monsters to show up.

dunno if she will leave.. maybe.. or maybe we'll get a companion who lasts for longer than two series, who knows

not an rtd fan then ahurhur? 

Just seemed like a massive hint, and now Amy has a husband, yeah.

There were some good moments in the RTD era, but there were some real iffy moments as well. Just prefer Moffat since his writing is filled with imagination and he can think up some great monsters. Havent really forgiven RTD for some of the really bad monsters he's created (Am trilled about the Ood returning and what Moffat and/or whoever writes the ep could do with em).